Got Milk?

I love this thread! Excuse my ignorance, but what is UHT milk? I have a 19 year old daughter that cannot go a day without a glass of milk. She loves it! Does anyone know the equivalent to USA types ?

I love this thread! Excuse my ignorance, but what is UHT milk? I have a 19 year old daughter that cannot go a day without a glass of milk. She loves it! Does anyone know the equivalent to USA types ?

Hi Rockow,

UHT stands for Ultra Heat Treatment. This page will explain it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-temperature_processing

The main benefit is that it doesn't have to be refrigerated until after it has been opened, and has a long shelf life, which is why it is also known as long life milk. It does taste slightly different to our ordinary full fat, semi skimmed or skimmed cow's milk, and some people don't like it.

Does that help you identify a similar milk in the USA?

This information was invaluable to me whilst in a very large supermarket in Sarlat last month on our official family holiday (As opposed to the 40th Birthday celebration in 10 days at DLP!!)
I had a complete mind blank whilst stood infront of the fridge of milk, so whipped out my phone and got onto this thread sharpish.
Result was milk which was used on cereal, in tea and coffee and made our 10 day holiday much easier.

So thank you.
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter