Got "dinged", now I could kick myself!

LauraR

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Needs to do some se
Aggghhh!! I bought tickets for our Dec. 2-10 trip last week, 4 for $490 on Air Tran. I was getting spooked by the rising oil prices so I thought I should lock in their $49 fare. Then this morning I got a "ding" for Southwest that they were having $38-$42 for Baltimore to Orlando fares, so I could have gotten 4 tickets for $375! I am so irritated with myself for not waiting! I had a feeling Southwest would offer a good fare, but I just started getting nervous. I HATE it when I could have done something cheaper. Plus the Southwest flights are direct, and on AirTran we have to connect in Atlanta on the way back, adding two hours to travel time. Well, hope some of you guys get in on the good Southwest fares.

I am flying delta, bought my tickets but then got a price for $49 each way thru SW. after taxes and all their fees it eded up more than what I paid with Delta. I paid $127.80

It kind of stinks to lose money but you could have lost even more if you hadn't. Just for fun this morning, I checked to see what the fares are for our trip. They are now up to $247 roundtrip for the same exact flights that we booked last week for $121. Boy I am happy that we jumped on that rate last week!!!

Thanks for the words of consolation. I guess if I could pick the perfect time to jump on airfares, I'd also be good at buying and selling stocks and wouldn't care how much airfare cost! I guess I should be happy that I'm paying under $500 for 4 for airfare (although I'd be even MORE happy if it was $375!)

I'm at work and I can't install Ding, can someone pull it up for me and let me know when it expires?

Thanks!

The current Ding! ends at 3:00 PM Centra Time. It's for travel between 10/1 - 12/18.

Looks like they just extended that Ding until 7:30 pm CST

If you only knew how lucky you are. In Minneapolis we are slaves to Northwest airlines. No direct flights fron southwest/jetblue, etc.

I am lucky to get a $200 airfare, and I have a family of five.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

deide71 said:
I am lucky to get a $200 airfare, and I have a family of five.

I would be happy with a $200 airfare! My DH has 2 NWA Certs which will cover up to $300 and $400 toward a ticket repectively. I can't touch anything on NWA for less than $300!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter