Got a pin,But doesn't add up...

IwovMickey

Mouseketeer
Ok, I got a pin code in my email. It said "Big kids for little kid prices" Well it doesnt add up right. It was for 4 nights mod. 4 day tics. and dinning plan for $624 a person. I went to Disney site and it's less on the web site without the pin#!?!:confused3 $2496.00 with pin and $2256.00 without. um, am I missing something? Did anyone else get a pin like this and tried doing the same as I did? I was so excited wanted to take my GD in Oct. I hope someone can help with this. Thank's:sad2:

I got the same one. I would call and check. I know the dates are different. The deal that came with that was after the other promo stopped. I'm going to call and double check before I book. Good luck. Keep me posted too since I'm curious!

Is it for the same dates? Maybe the more expensive one is during a higher value season?

I'm going to move this over to our resort code board for you.

Did you actually call to get the pricing of $2496 or did you just take the $624 times 4? I'm just wondering because the pin email I got was quoting prices as $xxx per adult. I've seen prices also quoted on 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child etc. If the makeup of your party is something different than that, your costs would be different.

I got the exact same pin and while I have not called to confirm prices this is what I got when I went to the website and attempted to compare apples to apples (in order to look at their prices). I sometimes know how the Dis works on advertising these deals as ds worked there-

OK here is the breakdown as I see it. The $624 price per adult is base on:

Moderate room 4 nights (their choice of views but if you asked you would be told that its priced on standard) DOUBLE OCCUPANCY

Magic Your Way Dining Plan 4 days

4 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket (1 park per day no hopping)

MY Website Calculations:

I selected dates of Oct 2-Oct 6 (the offer begins the 2nd)

I chose 2 ADULTS room occupancy standard view at PO Riverside (it attempts to default to a water view)

I chose the 4 day base ticket (it attempts to default to a 5 day ticket with hopping and water perks so had to alter that)

And finally you have to make sure the Dining Plan matches up at 4 days MYWDP

I got a total of 1553.74 divided by 2 Adults = 776.87 per day
This website price is 152.87 more than their pin number price of $624 per ADULT per day

You mentioned you were wanting to take your GD. Is she within the age of child rates? If so the website is going to discount the prices for her Ticket and Dining. By using the above methods of calculations their advertising for two adults is a savings but unless you are traveling with two adults and wanting the exact services they are basing their prices on, your pin might not be much of a savings. The email offer states " 'Big Kids' get 'Little Kids' Prices". I feel the promotion is mainly aimed at getting adults in there with the lure of child pricing. In my experience though, I have always found that when I call with a pin, even when changing the package up somewhat from what they are advertising, it is still a savings. My advice would to be deffinately call and see what you are offered for your exact situation. Be ready with lots of notes on your own research so you can compare. Hope my info helps and is clear. Editing to ad that the website discounts also get larger the longer your stay, if you are simply multiplying the 624 x your stay length, you are not gaining these discounts in your calculations. If you call with the pin though, CRO will most likely add these discounts into your savings.

Thank you for all your info.:) I am going to call and see what they come up with. I did multiply 4 x $624.00. So that is where I may have messed up. My DGD is 9, so she would get the child rates. Your post was very clear and I truly appreciate it. I will post with what they come up with so whoever got the same pin can compare. Thanks again guys. I can always count on DIS.:hippie:

I'm interested in what you find out as well. I received the same PIN and I too did the math and found the savings minimal. Good Luck!

I agree with the above poster. I lost my 40% off pincode when I moved our 10th anniversary trip from WL to VWL and then it expired. I was dying about paying rack rates so when I got this email code last week I jumped on it. Basically, we had 4 nights with 3 day hopper tickets, no dining. With the pin code I was able to add the basic dining plan for a total on only $20 more overall. So it is something, but more psychological I guess. I am hoping something better comes out that would apply before then. I really didn't even want the DP, we don't eat like that. The table services would be a waste. If I want an appetizer and a salad for dinner the DP won't cover that. We will use it for breakfast though. And we will definately get our $20 out of it. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter