Goofy Proposes, Fi Falls for Sleeping Beauty & we Celebrate our Engagement NEW 6/18!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE, Jan 17, 2010.

1. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE DIS Veteran

Yes, I was probably a little misleading in my update, huh? :rolleyes1 In our three times at Cape May we've never experienced bad food or service, so it definitely gets the thumbs up from us! :thumbsup2

The characters are so adorable in their beachwear, aren't they? :cloud9:

Thank you! I think we got lucky the whole trip with our character pictures - so many of them came out great! :woohoo:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MHTeacher

MHTeacher DIS Veteran

popcorn:: I'm not patiently waiting!

4. tlenzendorf

tlenzendorf Always Dreaming of Disney!

Me tooooo!

5. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

:laughing: I promise an update should be coming up soon - either tonight or tomorrow! :goodvibes

6. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

DAY 5 – Pt. 2

After we finished our breakfast at Cape May we decided to spend some time taking some pictures of the Beach Club. I would love to stay here – it would be so wonderful to be able to walk over to EPCOT through the International Gateway!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miguel again decided to play photographer!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While wondering around outside of the BC, we found something very shocking. Naturally, I had to take a picture of it because I couldn’t believe my eyes!
    [​IMG]

An icy banister in FLORIDA! This just shows how cold we were the whole week.

Here’s FI checking out the ice –with his Mickey braids, of course.
    [​IMG]

I should mention that you’ve probably noticed that, throughout the report we’re only wearing light jackets – however, this was due to my lack of planning and is not an indication of the weather. Most people we saw were wearing heavy winter coats with hats, scarves and gloves!

So, after a fun photo session at the BC it was time to head back to AK! Naturally, the first thing we did there was EE.
    [​IMG]

After one ride we grabbed a FP for later in the day and then headed over to Africa to do the safari.

On the way there we stopped to watch these guys – they’re always so entertaining!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The safari was wonderful like always!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After our ride through the savannah, we decided to head back over towards EE to use our fastpasses from earlier. (This park sure is a lot of walking back and forth, isn’t it?)

However, on the way to Asia we got a bit distracted…:rolleyes1

UP NEXT: Another park first for us at AK!

7. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

You look so pretty!!!! Miguel did a good job :thumbsup2

Someday we'll get into BC. I tried really hard for my next trip but that place books quick.

I don't think I've ever seen the hippos out of the water on the safari. It must have been cold:scared1:

8. BippityBoo

BippityBoo DIS Veteran

Yay! Looks like you updated at the same time I did! And an AK update at that :goodvibes

WOW I can only imagine how COLD you were in that weather! I think the ice says it all!

Just LOVE EE!! Can't wait to see what you are distracted by popcorn::

9. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

Thank you! :cloud9: I agree, I think he's a pretty good photographer! :thumbsup2

It was definitely chilly! I was actually surprised that we saw as many animals as we did that week (both on the safari and at AKL). I figured they would all be in hiding trying to stay warm!

I know, I was so shocked to find the ice! :scared1: Definitely not typical Florida weather.

Oooohhh, I'm off to check out your update now! :goodvibes

10. MHTeacher

MHTeacher DIS Veteran

Beautiful picture---I can't wait to stay here in May! :goodvibes

Uhmmmm, I think I may know what distracted you...............:idea:

11. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

Fun AK morning! I know what you mean about crossing AK-- all of the interesting things seem to intersect, so it's constant backtracking!

12. DisneyCrafter

DisneyCrafter DIS Veteran

The Beach Club looks so pretty, I would love to stay there. The next time we visit Disney after our upcoming trip I am hoping to stay either at AKL or somewhere in the Boardwalk area. :)

13. TokyoDina

TokyoDina DIS Veteran

Ohh what can it be?? Love the hotel!

14. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

I was thinking about you as I was doing this update and how jealous I am that you're staying at the Beach Club. :goodvibes

Ooohhh, what's your guess? ;)

Yes! I think for us it's primarily walking back and forth from Asia to Africa over and over and over again! :eek:

I would love to stay at the BC too! I just love how blue it is. Is that weird? :lmao: I think anything in the Boardwalk area would be great - I just hope to get over there whenever I'm in the world again. We always say we're going to go and never make it! Although AKL is beautiful, too! :thumbsup2

Isn't the BC beautiful?! :lovestruc

15. MHTeacher

MHTeacher DIS Veteran

Hmmmm, I think it may be the same "thing/one" that distracted us while we were walking from Africa over to Asia........Of course, I can't be sure, it's really hard to see...........................:rolleyes1

16. marsa1969

marsa1969 Can we go to Disney yet??

I'm with you! We walked through the DVC units at the beach club and it is just so close to our favorite park. I would like to try and rent some points and stay there on our next visit or stay at the Grand (maybe when the kids are grown & gone!).;)

17. praisehisname

praisehisname DIS Veteran

All caught up again and just loving your report! Can you remind me again what your dates were? I tried going back, but couldn't find them. Thanks!

18. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

:laughing: Well when I reveal you can let me know if you guessed right! :goodvibes

Sounds dreamy :cloud9: I think if I stayed at the BC I would be in EPCOT every night! We love it there!:thumbsup2 Of course the GF would be lovely too - there are just so many resorts I want to try. :love:

Yay! Glad you're caught up again, and thank you! :goodvibes We were there Jan 3-10, during the freak Florida freeze! :eek:

19. Jennifer48

Jennifer48 Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at

You do a good job of hiding how cold you were! I didn't realize how cold it was until you showed the snow! :scared1:

Great photos! :thumbsup2

20. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

We tried really hard not to let the weather effect our trip. I think for the most part, we did pretty good dealing with the temperatures. :thumbsup2 Although, our last two days are when it finally started to take a toll on us - I'll be telling about them later on in the TR!

21. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

DAY 5 - Pt. 3

Earlier, on the way to Africa, I had noticed an 11:30 showing for the Flights of Wonder show and wanted to check it out. So, we made a pit stop before returning to EE to watch the birds! We made it into the theatre just in time and got a great seat up front.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I figured that I would like this show, but wasn’t too sure about what FI’s reaction would be. However, we both loved it! The show was actually really funny and it was of course, very informative.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Bald Eagle was absolutely stunning - he took our breaths away!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this show will be a must-do for us now on! It's a great way to rest tired feet after all the walking at AK!

By this point, I was getting a bit hungry since we hadn’t eaten too much at Cape May. I had been drooling over the smells coming from the Yak&Yeti counter service place all week and thought this the perfect time to act on my craving! FI was getting a bit hungry too, though neither of us really wanted lunch, so we both got an order of eggrolls and split a coke. I thought this was a pretty good use of a snack credit (2 egg rolls per credit).
    [​IMG]

After our yummy eggroll snack if was time for more EE!
    [​IMG]

I belive we rode a total of three times this day…by that point I had definitely had my fill until next trip!

We then decided to stroll over to DinoLand and hop on Dinosaur if the wait wasn’t too long. We found it to be 30 minutes and deemed that to be a bit much, but right as we were walking away, a nice couple handed us their FP to use! How nice! We thanked them and breezed through Dinosaur for our second time of the trip – thankfully this time there were no screaming teenagers, though!

By this point we were pretty ready to head out – I think we definitely got in plenty AK this trip!

Before we left, we of course had to try on a few more hats.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think Miguel was channeling his inner-model here!
    [​IMG]

And stop and listen to these guys
    [​IMG]

We also took some time to visit with the flamingos before heading out for the day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

UP NEXT: A relaxing afternoon and some of my favorite pictures from the entire week!