Goodings Supermarket

Disbound

Mouseketeer
In the Crossroads shopping plaza there is a grocery store called Goodings. It is anything BUT good! This store is the biggest rip off I have ever seen! The prices are two to three times higher than any other store! Do not shop here! There is a Publix a few miles down the road.
Lastly, the help was as bad as the prices!!!! I wish I had known so I am passing it along!

In the Crossroads shopping plaza there is a grocery store called Goodings. It is anything BUT good! This store is the biggest rip off I have ever seen! The prices are two to three times higher than any other store! Do not shop here! There is a Publix a few miles down the road.
Lastly, the help was as bad as the prices!!!! I wish I had known so I am passing it along!

I wish I could like this a million times. I've been wanting to post about this but couldn't for the life of me remember what the name of it was! We shopped there a few years back thinking it would save time than looking for something bigger. Huge mistake. We ended up spending over $100 on waters and breakfast foods. And come to find out when we came back to the hotel 75% of what we bought had gone bad already. Instead of ruining the vaca we swallowed the loss and ended up at publix the next day! Awful awful awful service!

I first went inside a Gooding's about 23 years ago,back then there were probably at least 3-4 of them near the tourist areas,the one I first went to was on I Drive.I remember it being very nice when compared to supermarkets back then,very nice but expensive.Over the next 20 years or so I may have gone inside one like once or twice but about 3 years ago I went inside the Crossroads one,the only one still opened and it was like nothing that first visit back in the early 90's,the carpet by the entrance was ripped,the store was strangely dark like they were trying to save on their lighting bill and nearly half the shelves were empty,all that and it was still insanely expensive.The one still in existence is obviously only still in existence by getting a few tourists to come in and gouge them.The only other crazier thing is how there's a few gas stations in that Lake Buena Vista area that are charging like $4-$5 for a gallon of gas today and probably like $6 a couple of years ago when prices were higher.They've been doing it for years when the Hess stations and pretty much every other gas station in the Orlando/Kissimmee area have gas for like $2.40.This has been going on forever as well and there was even a time that the gas station on the other side of the Crossroads before you get on I-4 was charging these prices and they weren't even posting the prices outside,I believe that's changed and they are posting the outrageous prices but the only people I could imagine pumping gas there have to be from the UK or some other country and have no idea about our prices or about the gas/liter difference.Someone posted on these boards that that area has very high taxes and is the reason for those prices,it's only like 3-4 gas stations in the LBV area pretty much every other Orlando station is cheaper than near my house in Miami,except maybe the airport stations also out to gouge the people renting cars.

I went to Goodings for the first and last time in 2004. Gourmet prices for bad produce and mediocre meat convinced me to leave and find a Publix.

I first went inside a Gooding's about 23 years ago,back then there were probably at least 3-4 of them near the tourist areas,the one I first went to was on I Drive.I remember it being very nice when compared to supermarkets back then,very nice but expensive.Over the next 20 years or so I may have gone inside one like once or twice but about 3 years ago I went inside the Crossroads one,the only one still opened and it was like nothing that first visit back in the early 90's,the carpet by the entrance was ripped,the store was strangely dark like they were trying to save on their lighting bill and nearly half the shelves were empty,all that and it was still insanely expensive.The one still in existence is obviously only still in existence by getting a few tourists to come in and gouge them.The only other crazier thing is how there's a few gas stations in that Lake Buena Vista area that are charging like $4-$5 for a gallon of gas today and probably like $6 a couple of years ago when prices were higher.They've been doing it for years when the Hess stations and pretty much every other gas station in the Orlando/Kissimmee area have gas for like $2.40.This has been going on forever as well and there was even a time that the gas station on the other side of the Crossroads before you get on I-4 was charging these prices and they weren't even posting the prices outside,I believe that's changed and they are posting the outrageous prices but the only people I could imagine pumping gas there have to be from the UK or some other country and have no idea about our prices or about the gas/liter difference.Someone posted on these boards that that area has very high taxes and is the reason for those prices,it's only like 3-4 gas stations in the LBV area pretty much every other Orlando station is cheaper than near my house in Miami,except maybe the airport stations also out to gouge the people renting cars.
You mentioned ripped carpet by the entrance - this is the only grocery store I've ever been in that had carpeting. How do they clean it? I hate to think of what has soaked into it over the years. Give me my Publix with nice shiny linoleum!

We drive to WDW usually and have been to that Gooding's. Not where I want to shop.

There is a Publix a little north of WDW as you are coming down from the toll road. I think we will stop there for milk and other refigerated items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter