Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

I don't know, I have to admit that I still haven't forgiven the bakery for getting rid of my French toast loaf. :rolleyes: I don't drink coffee and my DH does not like Starbucks coffee. If it turns out to only sell Starbucks products, I can't see our family spending our money there. I do think it will remain with the theme of Main St though. I don't envision a normal Starbucks store.

I'll reserve judgement until after it's built. I'm totally fine with a Starbucks in there. But want it to have the same look and keep the same bakery treats we all love. Looking at the pics of the one in DL, it looks like they did that.

I really do hope that the end product is basically the Main Street Bakery featuring Starbucks coffee products. That I wouldn't mind at all. It would be really sad to see the bakery and some of the treats made there (cinnamon rolls!) disappear.

Yes this exactly! ;) If they will continue to sell all the same bakery items including the candied and carmel apples (I love those apples), as well as a great cup of coffee, I'm all for it. But, if all they have on the shelves is the same stuff Starbucks sells, then that would be a bummer. :worried:

I really think many of the people here need to take a deep breath. As I said earlier, and others have said, this is NOT going to be a typical Starbucks that you'd find on every street corner, I can almost guarantee that! Plus, Starbucks is not the first corporation to come into Disney World. McDonald's had a presence in Disney, and many other brands still have a presence in Disney. LTT is sponsored by Craisins, TTA is sponsored by Alamo, the Land is (was?) sponsored by Nestle, and the list goes on. Brawny even tells us how to wash our hands in the bathroom... They all have brand logos on their sign. This is nothing new.

I don't think the look or feel of Main St. is in danger any more than it's endangered by the enormous gift shop taking up the entire left side (the Emporium.) I doubt they sold that many t-shirts or coffee mugs in the early 1900's.

PLEASE look at how Starbucks was incorporated into DCA: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

Sponsoring a ride is not the same as selling your product in the park. As far as mcDonalds goes, look how well that turned out in AK and MK. My real concern is space. They really didn't have enough room when it was a bakery, can you imagine the congestion they'll have now?

Yes this exactly! ;) If they will continue to sell all the same bakery items including the candied and carmel apples (I love those apples), as well as a great cup of coffee, I'm all for it. But, if all they have on the shelves is the same stuff Starbucks sells, then that would be a bummer. :worried:

I'm really hoping they will finally release some Starbucks tumblers,mugs ect with a combined Starbucks and Disney logo! They haven't had DCA but perhaps when they open more stores in the parks

Sponsoring a ride is not the same as selling your product in the park. As far as mcDonalds goes, look how well that turned out in AK and MK. My real concern is space. They really didn't have enough room when it was a bakery, can you imagine the congestion they'll have now?

I definitely feel that this will be a problem. I don't mind that Starbucks is going into the Main St Bakery however that store already gets SO busy, especially of a morning. Imagine now once it sells Starbucks as well! I was hoping ti would go elsewhere to at least try and break up the "traffic" flow

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
Disney,,, whyy????
You can get a darned Starbucks coffee anywhere these days, how many chances/places can you eat at the Main Street Bakery ?
Just plain goofy decision.

If it is anything like DCA's Starbucks it won't be as bad as some may think. It looks nothing like your typical Starbucks inside, in fact the only thing that is Starbucks about it is the drinks. They still sell the same baked goods as the other bakeries do in the parks, and the only signage on the outside is a plaque. It's not as horrible as people may picture. Plus it's nice to get my pumpkin spice latte fix while I'm there :)

:thumbsup2

This. I don't know why so many people think that a company so invested in theming will fumble this decision and put in a Starbuck's that looks just like one you would find in downtown Chicago. Let's not freak out until we see with our own eyes what the new location will look like and serve. Plenty of places on Main Street over the years have had significant corporate ties without presenting themselves as corporate shills or sellouts. Think: Sealtest, Carnation, Oscar Meyer, Coca-Cola among others. I am far from a Starbuck's fan, but I'll take their espresso over anything served at the MSB. And the Starbuck's brownies are way better than the MSB versions.

ITA!

I really think many of the people here need to take a deep breath. As I said earlier, and others have said, this is NOT going to be a typical Starbucks that you'd find on every street corner, I can almost guarantee that! Plus, Starbucks is not the first corporation to come into Disney World. McDonald's had a presence in Disney, and many other brands still have a presence in Disney. LTT is sponsored by Craisins, TTA is sponsored by Alamo, the Land is (was?) sponsored by Nestle, and the list goes on. Brawny even tells us how to wash our hands in the bathroom... They all have brand logos on their sign. This is nothing new.

I don't think the look or feel of Main St. is in danger any more than it's endangered by the enormous gift shop taking up the entire left side (the Emporium.) I doubt they sold that many t-shirts or coffee mugs in the early 1900's.

PLEASE look at how Starbucks was incorporated into DCA: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

Well said! I don't drink coffee, but my DH does. We love everything about the MSB and hope that it remains much the same. I think it will be like the one in DCA and see no reason to panic or get so upset before we actually see what it looks like and what they sell.

I am truly saddened by the news that Starbucks is replacing the Main Street Bakery! Even all three of our kids are shocked and outraged! Like other posters have stated, it would be OK if they were adding Starbucks brand coffee to the offerings at MSB, but REPLACING it altogether? Horrible, horrible, horrible!

I am truly saddened by the news that Starbucks is replacing the Main Street Bakery! Even all three of our kids are shocked and outraged! Like other posters have stated, it would be OK if they were adding Starbucks brand coffee to the offerings at MSB, but REPLACING it altogether? Horrible, horrible, horrible!

Do we actually "know" that Starbucks is replacing the Main St Bakery? I realise this was the headline of the article but very little information has actually been released about this addition. The Starbucks location at DCA isn't even called a Starbucks so neither will it's location on Main St. It's possibly it will still even be called Main St Bakery, with identical offerings alongside Starbucks drinks and food.

Do we actually "know" that Starbucks is replacing the Main St Bakery? I realise this was the headline of the article but very little information has actually been released about this addition. The Starbucks location at DCA isn't even called a Starbucks so neither will it's location on Main St. It's possibly it will still even be called Main St Bakery, with identical offerings alongside Starbucks drinks and food.

Straight from the horse's mouth....

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

Straight from the horse's mouth....

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

It still won't be a Starbucks like we are used to seeing outside of the parks. It also actually doesn't say anything about a name change or anything about the menu either. It might completely change but I'm keeping an open mind until it has reopened or Disney release further information. Given the location at DCA, the theme fits in very well there. We won't be seeing a green glowing Starbucks sign on Main St. The sign at DCA blends in very well to the facade and it's not even called a Starbucks, it's called Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe. I can't see why it actually won't still be called Main St Bakery and Disney haven't actually said that it won't.

Didn't we JUST do this last month when it was a rumor?

Come on people.

1. They didn't destroy the feel of DCA when they put it in. In fact, they made the theming of the area BETTER. I thought I would miss the stuff they had there before, which was based in an old train car, but when I let my logical mind think about it, the lines at the old places were horrid, and they had something like 3 tiny tables at the ice cream section of it.

They created a HUGE space for Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical (and by the way, I missed the Starbucks sign until the last time I went by it, even though it looks like the original brown logo that I am familiar with since I live near Seattle), and there is a TON of seating. The line feels long but isn't really.

2. They serve all sorts of Disney treats, all sorts of Disney snacks found elsewhere, AND they sell Starbucks items. It's an amazing caseful of a TON of foods. And they serve warm things, too.

3. It will almost certainly be OK.

4. For coffee drinkers, you want to have the coffee in the first part of the park. That's why it's good on main street, because you can get to it first without having to fight your way to Fantasyland without your coffee. :)

I kind of thought it would be nice to have Tim Hortons in the World Showcase Canada building at Epcot.

mmmmmmm

:sad1: And now my view of the castle will be obscured by the hideous Starbucks sign... and their coffee isn't that amazing either.

There is no big sign, hideous or otherwise, at the DCA location. There is a *flat* plaque in brown and white (the more original colors) on the brick of the wall.

I don't know why people assume it will be hideous. Why would Disney do that?

This. I don't know why so many people think that a company so invested in theming will fumble this decision and put in a Starbuck's that looks just like one you would find in downtown Chicago

Exactly.

It's one of the reasons I haven't been able to get DH to go back to DL with me since 2008. No decent coffee. Not only does the coffee in the park SUCK, but there wasn't an actual Starbucks in walking distance either. The options for coffee were Disney, Denny's, IHop or McDonalds. He was not amused.

FWIW, McD's serves Seattle's Best. (which is Starbucks) And has for awhile. How I know this I don't know (I don't eat at McD's), but I know it.

I never had the chocolate chip ice cream sand which. Just how good is it? Is it homemade or like toll house?

Pretty sure I've read that it's just gross Dreyer's with their cookies around it. Cookies good...Dreyer's junk.

And no matter how burned Starbucks might be, it's 18,000,000 times better than Nescafe.

There is no big sign, hideous or otherwise, at the DCA location. There is a *flat* plaque in brown and white (the more original colors) on the brick of the wall.

I don't know why people assume it will be hideous. Why would Disney do that?

:thumbsup2 The Starbucks sign at DCA blends in very well with the exterior.

2-8-4974-Logo-on-Starbucks-Disney-cafe-14June2012-300x225.jpg

2-1-4941-Entrance-to-Disneyland-Starbucks-California-Adventure-Park-14June2012-300x225.jpg

2-7-598701239-Starbucks-entrance-14June2012-179x300.jpg

Perhaps that is why they are remodeling it, :confused3 IJS

Disney has been doing Disney for a while, meaning for the most part, I think they have this down to a science. McDonald's was there for A WHILE, Disney even limited them to what they could sell (which I think ultimately ticked Mickey D's off). I think I am going to reserve freaking all the way out until I know what I am freaking out about. People asked for coffee, most coffee places sell pastries and baked goods, so main street BAKERY seems like a obvious choice for a coffee company. (Again, IJS). I also think the argument of theme is kinda going overboard too, this is Disney we are talking about, If it weren't for them we would not be discussing themes in a amusement park. I hope everyone can just sit back and have a little confidence in knowing Disney is good at what they do, case and point, we are on a board discussing a BAKERY, this is how much Disney has us all hooked. They did all that just to throw our loyalty out the window for Starbucks??? Doubt it.

:thumbsup2 Very well said! I'm pleased Starbucks will be going into the parks and I reserve judgement until we actually see what Disney has planned for it's Main St location.

I'm also interested in the fact no one seems that bothered about the EPCOT location. I'm actually more disappointed in that announced location as it's an ice cream shop so it will definitely be a significant change. This is always our first stop in EPCOT for ice cream sandwiches. Wonder if they will still sell those?

I can't see Main St Bakery changing that significantly.

Perhaps that is why they are remodeling it, :confused3 IJS

Disney has been doing Disney for a while, meaning for the most part, I think they have this down to a science. McDonald's was there for A WHILE, Disney even limited them to what they could sell (which I think ultimately ticked Mickey D's off). I think I am going to reserve freaking all the way out until I know what I am freaking out about. People asked for coffee, most coffee places sell pastries and baked goods, so main street BAKERY seems like a obvious choice for a coffee company. (Again, IJS). I also think the argument of theme is kinda going overboard too, this is Disney we are talking about, If it weren't for them we would not be discussing themes in a amusement park. I hope everyone can just sit back and have a little confidence in knowing Disney is good at what they do, case and point, we are on a board discussing a BAKERY, this is how much Disney has us all hooked. They did all that just to throw our loyalty out the window for Starbucks??? Doubt it.

DBF & I went there for the first time during our trip in September and it was AMAZING!! If they do decided to change it I just hope they blend it in and not have Starbucks logos everywhere! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter