Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by WEDWDW, Nov 9, 2012.

1. LisaBi

LisaBi DIS Veteran

I hope it's at least not till late January. We will be there Jan 4 to 11. Have to get in one last Main Street Bakery breakfast.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fairestoneofall

fairestoneofall DIS Veteran

4. king kamehameha

king kamehameha Poly Beach Comber

We just got back today (Friday) and we spent most of our mornings there! This is just about the worst thing they could do to the main street bakery!:confused3 But, on the other hand, if they continue to sell the same Disney baked goods and only change the coffee to Starbucks then that wouldn't be so bad. What I don't like seeing is other Corporate names inside the parks, it ruins the "magic". What's next...McDonalds next to Casey's? I guess we'll all have to wait and see. pirate:

5. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

I would be fine with switching to Starbucks products but keeping it the bakery. It doesn't sound like that's in the plans though.:sad1:

6. disney_girl125

disney_girl125 Mouseketeer

What's next Mcdonalds and Burger King taking over quick service restaurants. Ughh...I like starbucks, but I don't like this change. We always go to Main Street bakery once during every trip. I want Disney when i'm in Disney!! Main Street bakery is classic..lol.

7. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

As PP stated they used to have MDs in at least AK. There was a French fry stand and the restaurant in Dinoland was a MDs.

8. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

I love the idea of a Starbucks but hope they will keep some of the Main street Bakery's baked goods there. The Starbucks baked goods suck!!!

9. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

It's a shame I won't be able to visit the MSB nor the Starbucks will be open in February. I guess I'll have to make a trip during fall next year!

10. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I think it will still be Main Street Bakery. That's how it is out at DCA, it's not called "Starbucks", it's "Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe". They have both Starbucks & Disney snacks.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/08...rbucks-opens-in-disneys-california-adventure/

11. Princess Sleepy

Princess Sleepy DIS Veteran

Oh no! I don't drink coffee, but I adore the MSB cinnamon rolls. I have those on my must-do list and everyone else's that goes there. Even if they keep them in the end, it will be closed for my next 2 trips. :sad:

12. MikeTex1

MikeTex1 Earning My Ears

This is terrible, I'm sure this decision was made by some penny counter. Good thing we are going in four weeks so that I can get my fill of cinnamon buns.

13. That Mom

That Mom Mouseketeer

I agree. They paved paradise and put up a parking lot........... (sure, you can thank me for putting that song in your head ;))

14. lilsk8nmac

lilsk8nmac Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:scared::sad: There go my sugar cookies and my DBF's fave Walnut Brownies. :( I will not sadly be able to return to WDW until way after this happens so. RIP bakery.

15. Chocolab23

Chocolab23 Disney Dreaming

Boo! And the refurbishment starts around the time we're going! We love going to MSB :sad1:

16. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

Oh, no, this news has hit me hard. The cinnamon roll for breakfast has become a *must do* at least twice in our visits. I hate Starbucks burnt coffee. I'm glad we have one more trip before closure, then we'll probably never go back - unless hopefully they'll keep some of the bakery items (like maybe the cinnamon roll ;)). I hate to inform hubby of this - he really LOVES that roll ::yes::

I do love *good* coffee - we're from so. LA and drink French Roast, but why Starbucks has to make it taste burned is beyond me. It's what a lot of people say also, not just us. :confused3

17. adventure_woman

adventure_woman DIS Veteran

What am I going to do w/o my big slice of carrot cake?! I was sooooo looking forward to that when we go in 80 days! :(

18. SallySkelington

SallySkelington <In mourning of my lost tag>

You've got to be kidding me. I haven't even got to enjoy anything from the Bakery yet! I don't think I've ever been so ticked off before. What idiot made this decision? :mad:

:sad2:

19. TBdisneyMC

TBdisneyMC Mouseketeer

Agreed.

I'm not going to worry TOO much until it's actually finished. Although, I'm disappointed that the Bakery will be closed in Feb...
    I really hope they don't mess with it too much. If you read about the Starbucks location in DCA, it's not in-you-face Starbucks. They still have a lot of the Disney desserts/pastries, with Starbucks pastries in addition. So, hopefully, Main St. Bakery will be similar...

Here's a review from DCA with lots of pictures:
    http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

20. GoHerbie

GoHerbie Mouseketeer

Hey disney - you really messed up this one. Stupid decision.

21. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

What an idiotic decision :furious: