Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

Our family is convinced that the Nescafe "coffee" is actually the dirty dishwater from the dishwashers in the World recycled :thumbsup2

Isn't it? :confused3

:lmao:

The first time I had this at a character meal, I actually asked for a new pot, thinking something MUST be wrong with the one they gave me..... there wasn't. It was just THAT bad everywhere!

Seems like the Bakery has had some sponsorship.

MainStBake_Sign_MK3.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Nice! Close Main St Bakery! It has a sponsor! Nestle have NO right being on my beloved Main St! How dare they!

What a funny thread, thanks for the laughs everyone

How many threads have there been complaining about the coffee at WDW? When they make a change people still complain. Cancelling trips, worrying about a Starbucks sign obscuring the Castle - come on people, that's just carazy talk.

Walt being upset; that one makes me laugfh every time someone uses to complain about a change.

Thats the thing about the DISboards* and other fan-based Disney forums - I often wonder if the complaining is in some way like fluffing feathers *I'm a bigger fan than you so I recognise a bad decision more than you do* if you get what I mean :confused3

* I don't mean everyone on the DISboards

I was thinking about morning coffee. I wonder how many people will actually stop in a morning there. Usually people run to get FPs. Wouldn't it be more logical to bring it to resorts.

People on these boards run to get FPs. Many other people actually do stop in the bakery in the morning. Not everyone sets out to do the Magic Kingdom death march and quite a few would appreciate a Starbucks first thing.

Additionally, there are many people who would like to get a coffee while waiting on Main Street for the parade. And then there are those who would like one at the end of the day on the way out.

Disney does not make these decisions in a vacuum. They actually consider all aspects of where certain vendors should be located to maximize profit. This is no exception.

FancyNancy said:
Somehow I don't think Walt Disney would ever have approved the decision to replace a beloved shop like Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks.:scratchin

Walt was all about change. He never wanted to remain the same. At least that's what I recall from "one man's dream".

Most things in WDW are sponsored by another company. Even Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Space Mountain, etc. Outrage about Starbucks is ridiculous. Every change that has been made over the years has remained consistent with the area it's placed in. I'm sure this is no exception.

We're huge Starbucks fans and cannot wait. If we weren't, I wouldn't be bothered by it.

I'm not into Starbucks, don't like their coffee, and am sad the bakery is going. I don't mind change if its good but this isn't. :(.

Amazing how every other person spouting the old “what would Walt think” or “Walt would shake his head at this” hasn't even read one book about the guy.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's funny, everyone is complaining that Disney doesn't listen to their guests but everyone complained about their coffee so they are bringing in Starbucks. :scratchin

You can get Starbucks everywhere........just not in Disney until now, that's kinda the point.

This thread makes me crazy! yet I can't stop reading it. No one has any clue about how this is going to turn out. From what I can tell, based on the Starbucks in Disneyland, it's going to be more like a Main Street Bakery with Starbucks, I see no problem there.

It also seems that most people are connecting the bakery with an event which gets repeated when they go, ie..."We go there everytime we visit the Magic Kingdom." This doesn't make their food good, it makes the memories of their food good. I'm a definite foody, I find the bakery's food to be just a step above terrible, combine that with the floor sweepings Disney has had for coffee and I'm not sad to see it go at all.

I also can't see how some people don't like Starbucks coffee. DON'T get the stuff they brew at the store, it sits in the pot for too long and burns, tastes horrible. Buy some and brew it at home or order a "fancy" coffee (latte, mocha, frap, etc) they are pretty good. Again, you can probably attribute a lot of the Starbucks haters to an anti-big-business mentality more-so than bad coffee.

islandtimect said:
I'm not into Starbucks, don't like their coffee, and am sad the bakery is going. I don't mind change if its good but this isn't. :(.

Amen!

I'm one of the odd balls. I think Disney will make the theming match, no worries there. But I hate the product. Really praying the Joeffreys carts stick around.

momof2minnies said:
I have had 2 Starbucks coffees in my life and threw them both away-buckets of mud.

Linda

Yup. Overroasted. Barista doesn't have a lot of control over the shots, its highly automated.

livie1205 said:
Well I am THRILLED that I can get a decent coffie while at wdw:) if everyone hates the idea so much that just means I wont have to wait in a hour long line for my white mocha! I use to get up early each morning to drive to starbucks at the outlet for our coffie before going to the parks so now I can sleep in a extra few minutes. :)

You can get decent coffee now, at the Joffreys stands.:) They say, Espresso, Tea, & Pastries.:)

polyfor4 said:
Why couldn't they just "proudly brew Starbucks coffee" and leave the bakery as is. Confused.

Not sure, maybe Starbucks wasn't happy with that, and wanted a different arrangement?

So not liking this-I do not like Starbucks at all- lovd going by the bajery. It is part of the wdw tradition.

I really think many of the people here need to take a deep breath. As I said earlier, and others have said, this is NOT going to be a typical Starbucks that you'd find on every street corner, I can almost guarantee that! Plus, Starbucks is not the first corporation to come into Disney World. McDonald's had a presence in Disney, and many other brands still have a presence in Disney. LTT is sponsored by Craisins, TTA is sponsored by Alamo, the Land is (was?) sponsored by Nestle, and the list goes on. Brawny even tells us how to wash our hands in the bathroom... They all have brand logos on their sign. This is nothing new.

I don't think the look or feel of Main St. is in danger any more than it's endangered by the enormous gift shop taking up the entire left side (the Emporium.) I doubt they sold that many t-shirts or coffee mugs in the early 1900's.

PLEASE look at how Starbucks was incorporated into DCA: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

if they do something like that, it would be fine. i definitely prefer Starbucks coffee. i'd just hate to see the loss of those wonderful bakery items. and i definitely hope they don't get rid of the smell they pipe into Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter