Goodbye Aloha Isle? Hello Tiana's?

HubbDave

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
DFB is reporting a rumor ( is that reporting?) that Aloha Isle will close...Dole Whips moved to Sunshine, and a Tiana's Kitchen themed restaurant would open in that area...

Has this been covered already?

Permits have been filed for a new restaurant to open in the former Adventureland verandah which is inside and behind the Aloha Isle. This is the first I am hearing that the Isle would be leaving and a Tiana themed restaurant would be coming in. To me this doesn't make sense because this is adventureland what does Tiana have to do with adventureland?

As much as I love Dole Whips, Aloha Isle serves no significance to me as long as they move their entire menu to Sunshine Tree Terrace.

I would love to see a Tiana-themed restaurant similar to River Belle Terrace... in Liberty Square. I was just thinking the same as PP- Tiana seems to clash with the theming of Adventureland a little bit.

... Then again, as long as this means Magic Kingdom is FINALLY getting BEIGNETS, I could care less what the theming of the restaurant is ;)

I do agree that Liberty Square would be a better place, but not sure where it could go.

And YES to beignets!!!

I mean, I might be alone on this... but would anyone truly miss Diamond Horseshoe? :rolleyes1
Well in its current form I guess no but if it were used like the original and was always open I think so. MK could use new food options across the board. Out of the 4 parks in my opinion MK doesn't have that great of food. For the flagship park they need to up their game.

Well in its current form I guess no but if it were used like the original and was always open I think so. MK could use new food options across the board. Out of the 4 parks in my opinion MK doesn't have that great of food. For the flagship park they need to up their game.

I think for me the only thing that irritates me about MK dining is that you can not get breakfast ANYWHERE. Save the obvious CP and CRT, there's no where to get a real, genuine table service or quick service breakfast. I just need a plate of Mickey Waffles with bacon in the morning. I don't need/nor do I have money for a giant buffet or elaborate experience (even though I rather love CP and CRT when I go). If I'm rope dropping and I want to get in as much in as possible, and I'm all by myself, where am I going to go to get a real breakfast? If Magic Kingdom had just one QS location that served breakfast the way the resort QS locations do, everything would be fine. But really, they don't. Like I said- Tiana's would be a good answer to DL's River Belle Terrace. Just a simple Mickey pancake plate in the morning and I'm good to go.

Oof, that was a rant and a half. Sorry bout that :rotfl:

Tiana's place would be a cute idea. The idea was more upscale though so it would probably have to be table service to make sense...

The sources at wdwmagic say it's not going to be tiana themed.
Good, that would be a terrible theming wise. Thanks for keeping on the lookout for that, and sharing. Hmm, moving Dole Whip to Sunshine Tree Terrace? Interesting idea. It wouldn't be all that much better at handling crowds though. I say if Disney does the Dole move they should go all out with enough seating and line space to handle the demand.

The Tiana themed restaurant would fit perfectly in New Orleans Square at Disneyland... Not so much at Adventureland in MK.

I think if they were to bring Tiana's restaurant to MK, that's what they would be going for- a Disneyland influence in WDW. Why it would be in Adventureland is beyond me, but I definitely think it would bring some DL vibes to WDW.

The entrance to the restaurant wouldn't have to be in Adventureland, it could possibly be in Liberty Square or even opened up on the side next to where Tiana meets. The Adventureland side could still have an Adventureland facade on the outside.

It probably won't happen, but it could work easily if they wanted to go that way.

The entrance to the restaurant wouldn't have to be in Adventureland, it could possibly be in Liberty Square or even opened up on the side next to where Tiana meets. The Adventureland side could still have an Adventureland facade on the outside.

It probably won't happen, but it could work easily if they wanted to go that way.
See if they did that there would be problems in that would knock out a large area of Adventureland. It would just be facade for a while with no ability to shop or buy food. It would be awkward like Streets of America at DHS.

See if they did that there would be problems in that would knock out a large area of Adventureland. It would just be facade for a while with no ability to shop or buy food. It would be awkward like Streets of America at DHS.

The area isn't being used for anything now, other than a food/drink stand. Even when Tinker Bell was there, it wasn't like there was a huge presence in Adventureland, it was more or less a facade and you went in and stood in line. That area is mostly just a passageway into Adventureland, so I think it would work just fine.

I do to believe they can do that because the back of the verandah connects to liberty tree. The whole point of the liberty tree refurb coming up is to expand the kitchen to accommodate the new restaurant in the verandah.

The area isn't being used for anything now, other than a food/drink stand. Even when Tinker Bell was there, it wasn't like there was a huge presence in Adventureland, it was more or less a facade and you went in and stood in line. That area is mostly just a passageway into Adventureland, so I think it would work just fine.
It's becoming a restaurant for sure, permits have been filed for commencement. It used to be a restaurant a long time ago.

I'm not sure, as soon as you enter Adventureland you hit this wall of excitement and energy. By doing this they'd kill one of the main draws of the area and force everyone inside of the already crowded town center. It would mainly consist of people walking in, and people walking. This is in contrast to the crowds always at AI.

See, now this makes sense. Even though we don't know for sure it's going to be Tiana themed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter