Good Weekend on Ebay

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by scbelleatheart, Feb 13, 2013.

1. scbelleatheart

scbelleatheart DIS Veteran

Over $300 for 3 items!:cool1: HP Touchpad, Nintendo DS, Oster Kitchen Center. Shipping was paid seperately so this is profit. Now to get rid of the second touchpad, Cuisinart food processor and palm tree bathroom set.
    Hopefully I clear $600.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Nice! :banana:

4. 4littleones

4littleones DIS Veteran

That is great! I wish I could sell and keep the profit in paypal but I spend it as soon as it's in there.

Why are you getting rid of the touchpads? Just curious. I have 3 of them. I wish I had Ipads but I don't have the money for it. I have thought about selling 1 of them but I have 4 kids who sometimes all want to play with them at the same time.

5. AmyAnne

AmyAnne Mouseketeer

Just wondering, what are the PayPal and eBay fees?

I have gotten into serious decluttering mode and have some things I have been thinking about selling in eBay (one is a Nintendo DS) but I have been reluctant because I am not sure how much I would clear after the fees.

6. ToodlesRN

ToodlesRN Always Dreamin Of Disney

Great sell!!

I've been an eBay member since 2000 and don't use it that much as the fees are insane. I sold a few things in October and paid about $80 in fees eBay, PayPal and now the shipping fees which I think is ridiculous I charged $6.80 shipping actual cost was over $7.00 and eBay charged me .50 I was out of pocket about $1.50. I only use ebay as a last resort now. I use Craigslist and a kids boutique for high end clothes.

7. kiki02

kiki02 DIS Veteran

FEes are insane. Both from ebay and then paypal. And now shipping is higher. Everyday I hear another person tell me how ebay kicked them off. They claim for no reason. Just deleted their account.

8. PatchPixie

PatchPixie Mouseketeer

Good for you! I made about 200 the last 2 weeks :) there are ebay calculator apps you can download to determine profit.

9. richmond282

richmond282 Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better

I usually figure between 13-18% in fees (paypal and ebay combined) depending on the final price of the item and whether it is listed as auction or BIN. I know some people think these fees are high, but my consignment sale fees are 30%, so 13% (and I can usually get a higher price on ebay) seems like a bargain for me.