Good time for listing children's summer clothing on eBay..update below!

welovedis

Disneyland here we come!
Holy cow! I have never had this many people watching my auctions for boy's summer clothing! In 2 of my auctions there is over 100 watchers-what the heck is up with that? I don't think I'm selling anything that great, lol, used boy's gymbo, gap, etc... summer clothes. Some things are bid up higher than I anticipated, others don't have bids, but I can't believe the number of watchers on these auctions.

Is everyone already buying tons of summer stuff? I listed on a whim and am thankful I did now!

Hope they end well this afternoon. Anyone else having really good luck with something on eBay now?

Nothing listed yet but you just gave me the encouragement I needed to get off my rear and start listing all the stuff (especially boys sumemr clothers) that I have been tripping over in my office :teeth:

I had over 500 watchers once on something I was selling..and since I often sell the same thing, I was perplexed. Then it was pointed out to me that my auciton had been posted on a bulletin board, with a question about what I was selling. Lots of those people put it in their watch list to see how it turned out. I was hoping it would go for a ton, but alas, it went for it's regular price LOL.
Warm weather has got to be on the way..and the sun the past few days, gets people itchy to clothe their kids!

OT--DM Rick...what is that scrumptious dessert tray your son is standing next to in your siggy--it looks YUMMY!

Thanks for the Ebay heads up--just went through the girls stuff--must post!

That is the infamous "KITCHEN SINK" dessert at Beaches and Cream!!

I plan on putting some girls clothing and plus-size dresses on ebay next week! I hope they do well because mama needs spending money!!! :banana: I put some adorable feminine little girl dresses on about 5-6 weeks ago and got hardly anything for them! Boy was I disappointed!!

Ok, maybe its just me, but how can my Andale counters be reading a lower number of hits on the auctions that watchers? Sounds like something is messed up!

I have 21 auctions ending today, all but 2 have bids but all have lots and lots of watchers, most in the double digits, so I am hoping for a good end to them! :)

GL to those who are listing. I suggest using some really good pics and mentioning every little flaw, if there are any. I also used a small ruler in pics where I showed a tiny spot, etc..to show how small it was. Hope everyone does well with their listings. Now off to keep track of the profit for the IRS, hehe!

This is good to hear. I generally donate all of my kids clothes as I just can't bring myself to go through the whole listing process etc, but I am planning on listing some plus size summer maternity clothes and wasn't sure if this was too soon. Hopefully I will get them up this weekend.

WOOHOO!

My auctions ended & here's the breakdown:
21 auctions of boy's summer items, a total of 57 pieces of clothing. Most of the auctions were for a shirt & shorts, 1 auction for shirt/pants, a larger lot (16 items) and a couple with 3 items.

They sold for a total of $316.74 so that equals $5.55 per piece. Granted that does not include the fees, but even if I made $4.00 profit on each piece that is way better than a garage sale. I paid a decent amount for the clothes when I bought them so it is nice to get something more than .25/.50 for each item--that seems to be the going rate around here for kid's clothing. Doesn't matter how nice it is.

So if you are thinking of listing-do it. I had some older Gymboree stuff (Blue Hawaii, Jungle Gym, Rainforest, Fairway) that did really well, so did the Kitestrings stuff. A cute set that I was sure would do really great (Carter's Eric Carle short set) only got $7.xx, so what do I know.

I can't imagine how well I would do if I was selling the stuff I have for DS for this summer-Gymbo sets with the matching bucket hats, etc.... I bet those would do well!

Happy listing! :)

I listed my daughters items yesterday, they already have watchers and bids.
I buy all Gymboree for my kids, but I have had no luck selling my sons clothes on ebay. (Size 2T)
I guess, i just do not hit it at the right time. I took all his to Once Upon a Child, because of the bad luck I had in the fall.
I always have great luck with my dd, I usually make most of my money back on her outfits.

Gymbomom - you must not have hit at the right time. My DS has mostly Gymboree clothes and I know that I have been keeping an eye on eBay for 2T & 3T clothing lately!

eBay is so weird sometimes...

I just sold (in 1 day) a lot of my son's old summer stuff for $69. I was very happy! I am finally motivated to get those clothes out of the closet and on to e-bay! My goal is to earn enough to pay for 1 adult and 1 child 7-day WDW ticket.

I'm listing all of my DD gymboree stuff today. I think I'm going to list them in lots. I have full lines of last years clothes. I'm hoping to make some $$$$. I went to Once Upon A Child this past Tuesday with some other name brands, I got 78.00 for a laundry basket full! Not too bad!
GOOD LUCK fellow EbaYers!

I have a lot of boy and girl things listed now. Last winter I kept a couple of auctions going all the time. This time I'm doing it all in one weekend. A lot of clothes in my room waiting to be shipped over a weekend is better than a few things that keep changing being there for months! Some watchers, some bids, some questions....at least people are out 'windows' shopping, right??

Woohoo!!
Just after 2 days my 10 auctions are at $60.
WHen stuff starts selling good, don't you start looking around your house for things to sell..... :)

Speaking of Once Upon a CHild....
I always go through my clothes and put the best in a stack for ebay.
The next stack if for Once Upon a Child. Which is awesome because they will take not matched pieces, so if my dd got a spot on the pants, they will buy the shirt.
then whatever they don't take goes in the yard sale pile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter