Good resort bars?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by AuroraRora, Feb 20, 2013.

1. smallblackstars

smallblackstars Mouseketeer

I'm not really bothered about going to a bar so I can't help with that. I will say though, if they have a Pina Colava cocktail then definately try it! One of my favourite things at WDW!! I always treat myself to at least one when I am there!! :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

I'm loving all these suggestions!! Now I'm going to have some overflow places to visit for my next trip too, not a bad thing at all!

I'm so tempted by Tambu but the consensus seems to be that it's really busy, particularly at night. If I was to order a drink to go, are there other places in the resort to sit and relax? Is the beach lit up in the evenings? I see they have the Barefoot pool bar too, does anyone know if its possible to go to another resort's pool bar if you're a guest at a different resort? I know pool-hopping is not allowed, but how about just sitting at the pool bar?

4. ssleblanc

ssleblanc How many posts until I'm not a Mouseketeer anymore

Yeehaw Bob was quite entertaining at POR's River Roost Lounge is quite entertaining. He isn't there every night (I think Thursday thru Saturday?) ... he plays piano/sings/tells jokes. I listened to a bit of his show (and the loud audience laughter) from Boatwright's next door.

5. x5x5x5x5x5

x5x5x5x5x5 Finally figured out how to do this...

I love the bar at the Poly but if I were you I would hit the Epcot resorts and the Swan and Dolphin. Each resort has its own lounge - I really like the Belle Vue at the Boardwalk and the Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club. Kimonos at the Swan has karaoke which can be pretty funny and the sushi is delish (they serve late). Bluezoo etc. also have great bars. My DH always visits the Atlantic Dance Hall for people watching and videos on the big screen. You can always barhop Disney style :-)

I've gotten drinks to go and gone to the beach area around the Yacht / Beach Club and relaxed which is really nice. And I've never had a problem going to Hurricane Hannah's (Yacht / Beach Club pool bar) when not staying there.

6. Mac4life30

Mac4life30 DIS Veteran

I love this thread!!! My vote goes to the lounge at WL. The Lounge at AKL is also very nice!!

7. kkbutterfly

kkbutterfly Mouseketeer

Jellyrolls Dueling Pianos at Boardwalk! You can walk right over after Illumniations, they have entertainment, and they actually have a huge drink called the Jellyroll (which tasted suspiciously like a blue hawaiian.)

8. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Rix Lounge at the CSR (live music on the weekends with a dance floor and very upscale theme) and the lounge at POFQ...the name is escaping me with the jazz music are our favorites.

9. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

A WDW vacation at the BoardWalk is not complete without several visits to the Belle Vue Lounge. The inside has an 'Adventurer's Club' air to it with 30s and 40s decor and classic radio shows from that era playing on period piece radios. Outside on the deck one is treated to some great people watching from a vantage point that keeps you above the fray. Add to this that Allen and Tim make a mean spicey Bloody Mary, a pair for less than $14 the last we were there, and it's a great end of day or start of an evening, drinks aren't served until 5 pm and later.

Bill From PA

10. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I really like the Victoria Lounge at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but it's a hike from the parks. Will you have a park hopper? I also like the Tune Inn Lounge over at DHS and it ay be open later than Epcot. One of my other favorites is Narcoossee's tiny bar. You can see the MK from there and grab a almond crusted cheesecake along with your drink. I'm not sure how late it's open since it's inside the restaurant.

11. Bob NC

Bob NC DIS Veteran<br><font color="red">I am a trained pr

If you have to drink alcohol to have fun at WDW then you must have a problem.

I'm KIDDING!!!!

I like the lounges at WL and AKL.

I can drink the heck out of some Lapu Lapu's.

I also have enjoyed a couple visits to Mizners.

Years and years ago the Outer Rim was a popular spot for me to throw some back.

I have eaten at the Wave, but have never hung out at the bar there. It looks nice.

12. si-am

si-am DIS Veteran

I love the Tambu Lounge but it's so hard to find a seat there during Ohana time. Last time we were there, a couple was sitting in the lounge watching the TV but they weren't eating or drinking. If you're going to take up limited space in a bar, then at least order SOMETHING. :confused:

I also really like The Wave.

13. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

Territory Lounge at WL. By far the best bar experience we have had at WDW. And Brucie, the bartender, was amazing!

It was a highlight of our last trip, and already in teh works for our night out this coming August!