Good quality bean bag chair

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by FLAngie, Jun 9, 2009.

1. FLAngie

FLAngie DIS Veteran

I had no idea that bean bag chairs had become so expensive:confused3 DD7 asked for one for her 8th birthday. I would like to get one that is big enough that she won't grow out of anytime soon. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good quality one that won't cost a fortune? I have looked at Wal-Mart and Target and have not been impressed.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FoundMyPrince

FoundMyPrince DIS Veteran

My parent bought our kids bean bag chairs for Christmas - from JCPenney's. They have held up well, though they do need more "stuffing" now.

4. PlutoPony

PlutoPony DIS Veteran

Lands End!
    They're on Overstocks now (may be discontinuing them) and you'll need to buy the cover and insert - they're not sold together right now. We've had one for 7-8 years and it's held up well.

5. FLAngie

FLAngie DIS Veteran

Thanks! I never thought to look at JcPenny. I looked at the Land's End ones a little earlier. It looks pretty good. Do you have one? How is it holding up?

6. FLAngie

FLAngie DIS Veteran

Oops! looks like I had to read you message better. Glad to hear it has held up well for so long.:thumbsup2

7. scrapbookmom

scrapbookmom Earning My Ears

My DD 8 and DS 6 got ones for Christmas from Lillian Vernon. They have a lot of designs and come monogrammed for around $60 total. So far so good. They enjoy them.

8. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

We LOVE our Lands' End bean bag chairs! We got ottomans to go with them. Each boy has his own chair and ottoman. We got a free shipping code with it too, so see if you can find one.

Dawn

9. hrddrv

hrddrv Earning My Ears

http://www.cordaroys.com/
    These are expensive but double as a bed. I know the guy who started this company. I can not vouch for how well they hold up but they have a bunch in the mall that the kids jump on all day long and they seem to hold up really great. If I had the room I would have one.

10. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

A neighbor was cleaning out stuff their kids had outgrown (didn't have room for) and they gave us a Cordaroy....it's SOOOOoooo nice. I washed the cover and didn't realize it was a bed inside but when I took the cover off to wash it I thought that the insert was HUGE. I went online to look it up and then I saw the site and thought it was the neatest idea ever.

I plan on getting some more for our TV room.....they are so comfy and HUGE and the bed comes in handy as well.

11. Paxtrist

Paxtrist Mouseketeer

My son and daughter have bean bags from Pottery Barn and they are great!