Good place to stop for the night in Atlanta

RogueJayhawk

Earning My Ears
We will be driving from Kansas City, MO to Orlando this June. We would like to leave really early and make it to Atlanta on the first day of driving. Anyone know of a good place to stop for the night? We would like to make it through Atlanta and stop some place on the south side of town or just outside Atlanta. Any suggestions?

We will be driving from Kansas City, MO to Orlando this June. We would like to leave really early and make it to Atlanta on the first day of driving. Anyone know of a good place to stop for the night? We would like to make it through Atlanta and stop some place on the south side of town or just outside Atlanta. Any suggestions?

I have stayed in Perry, Tifton and Valdosta. All are good place's to stop. If I remember correctly Perry area had the best hotel prices. We really prefer to get past macon before stopping for the night. Then the next day you are at Disney before you know it. Dalton is also a good stop but that is before Atlanta. Oh and in Atlanta avoid the bypass and just use the HOV lane. Susan

If you take the bypass around Macon (it's actually the faster, more direct way) it has lots of nicer motels, it's about 60 miles south of Atlanta. You probably want to get at least 30 miles south of Atlanta, otherwise you'll be paying a premium rate.

I have stayed in the Country Inn & Suites in Kennesaw and also the one in Macon (we stayed at one coming and one going on a trip a few years ago). They were both clean & comfortable. They're not fancy, but we were only staying one night each way and didn't need something fancy. They also have a continental breakfast which is quite good.

Good luck & have fun on your trip!

You probably want to get at least 30 miles south of Atlanta, otherwise you'll be paying a premium rate.

However, there are a lot of nice motels about 30 miles south of Atlanta in which you don't have to pay an arm and a leg. Check out McDonough and Locust Grove. Both are right off I-75, and there are a lot of motels off the exits.

I'd suggest Macon. It's about an hour and a half south of Atlanta. Take the by-pass the other person suggested. If you still have energy go further south to Perry (45 minutes south of Macon), which should be even cheaper.

We stayed in the Dury Inn they had free food ( real food bar ) and free drinks both sodas and mixed plus a nice pool and a nice again free breakfast bar it was a lttle more than others in area but we totally saved with the food and drinks!

We stayed in the Dury Inn they had free food ( real food bar ) and free drinks both sodas and mixed plus a nice pool and a nice again free breakfast bar it was a lttle more than others in area but we totally saved with the food and drinks!
Did you stay at the Drury Inn in Morrow, GA? We're staying there on the way down in September, and I'm just curious of what the area is like. We stayed in a Drury Inn in KC last summer and loved the (free!) food at night and the great (free!) breakfast in the morning.

I have stayed in Perry, Tifton and Valdosta. All are good place's to stop. If I remember correctly Perry area had the best hotel prices.

I priced a Super8 with pool & free breakfast for $59 a night in Perry (3rd week of June). Right off the highway.

We will be staying in McDonough a week from Sunday night, so I will let you know how the hotel is. 11 days out.

we have stayed in Dalton which is before Atlanta no bad but leaves a long drive to disney . so now we try for valdosta which is right on the boarder of florida . We have stayed at the hampton inn is past stays which is nice. This time we will be staying at the comfort inn and suites hope its nice. we will be there in 15 days

Once you get through Atlanta, stop in Stockbridge, or McDonough Georgia. Look at Hotel.com for a good place to sleep. People that suggest Macon, Perry, Valdosta, etc have you driving to far south. The best advise, don't stop until you are at least through Atlanta. If you get into Atlanta after 3 pm, the traffic south of town will be (could be ) a nightmare. You will have bumper to bumper traffic. Consider I-285 instead of going through the center of Atlanta. Depending on the time you get into the Atlanta area, you might want to consider stopping in Marietta, having a good dinner, and getting an early start the next morning. From the north side of town, Disney is about another 7 1/2 to 8 hours. Good Luck.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter