Good non Disney slow runner Marathon?

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by robynslp, Jan 28, 2013.

1. robynslp

robynslp Mouseketeer

I really, really want to finish a marathon with my sister. She lets her head get to her so she needs something with at least a 7 hour sweep. Does anyone know of races other than Disney that gives at least that much time?

Thanks for your help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. IMGONNABE40!

IMGONNABE40! <font color=green>Okay, I already am 40, but if I

The Flying Pig in Cincinnati

4. rmgreenesq

rmgreenesq Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Surf City Marathon in Huntington Beach, Ca has a seven hour sweep.

5. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein DIS Veteran

Kiawah Island Marathon outside of Charleston has an eight hour limit. The race starts at 8 a.m. and you have until 4 p.m. to cross the finish line. :)

Space Coast has a 7 hour limit.

6. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Most of the Rock N Roll fulls have 7 hour time limits.

7. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

8. John VN

John VN DIS Cast Member

9. liesel

liesel DIS Veteran

Don't forget the ultimate slow runner marathon. The Honolulu Marathon (second Sunday in December) has NO time limit!

10. Rupert B Puppenstein

Whoa. Very cool, but probably makes the locals a bit angry depending on how long it takes people to cross the finish line.

11. liesel

liesel DIS Veteran

When we briefly lived there, our apartment was at mile 5 (now its much earlier in the race). The race started at 5AM, and I think it was mostly clear by 8. There were lots of walkers! They had the drums going, even at 3:30AM when were awakened by people walking to the start. People just adjust accordingly. We walked everywhere that day, it was fun to see 25,000 marathoners! The energy was incredible.

12. Rupert B Puppenstein

That is so cool! I am definitely going to have to add that to my list. Sounds like a great race.

13. Bephus

Bephus DIS Veteran

26.2 with Donna in Jacksonville, Fl is walker friendly, I think the time limit is 7 hours. It could be longer though. It is the weekend before the Princess at Disney:). It is a great race, like a huge block party and you run 2 miles on the beach. The 1/2 gets the same time limit so there are a ton of walkers for that too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

14. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

Oh my. I think I found my first marathon! I'm not as worried about the time limit as I am about getting majorly bored--- so thinking Hawaii would help me NOT be bored. Like at all. Hows the humidity in Dec? I'm in Texas, I don't scare easily... :rotfl2:

15. MRS AR

MRS AR DIS Veteran

I ran the Mississippi Blues 1/2 this past January (which also has a full) and they said their time limit was 8 hours. I'm training to do the full next January. Lots of good music on the course. Plenty of happy volunteers and a great medal. The course is hilly but not really that bad.

16. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

Now that you have a list started...

Look up marathonguide (dot) com and read the reviews. While not an exact science one can usually figure out if the race takes care of the folks in the back. You can/should discount many of the no though comments and look for the mean point comments.

17. dragitoff

dragitoff DIS Veteran

The Albany Marathon (formerly Snickers Marathon) in Albany, GA March 2nd has a 7 hour sweep (I'm pretty sure about this time).

18. Pungodingy

Pungodingy <font color=blue>Never had a nickname so the Tag F

Around the Lake in Wakefield Ma has 24 hrs (it's a combo event)

19. liesel

liesel DIS Veteran

Yes, it is hot and humid, but if you are from Texas, you can handle it! :thumbsup2 Since the finish is near the ocean, we saw many people just walk right into the water after the race. A few WISHers have run this, including Kim if you want a first hand account. I am saving my pennies for this someday. I am going back and forth between doing Honolulu or WDW as my first (maybe) marathon.

20. longhorns2

longhorns2 DIS Veteran

That's exactly what I'm thinking. One or the other. Hmmmmm

21. TnTsParty

TnTsParty DIS Veteran

ING Miami Marathon in the end of January has a 7 hour limit. The amount of people entered in both the full and half (which are run togther) is as big or bigger than Disney.

http://www.ingmiamimarathon.com/