Good news thread

I know it is nothing compared to 15K but I just got a check for $3, it has MADE my day! There is nothing my kids can do to annoy me now!:banana:

I have 3 things to be happy for:

1. DVC has attempted to make amends on their new glassware policy in studios.

2. I won $25 on instant lottery tickets!! WOOHOO!!!!

3. My rx Maui Jim sunglasses will be delivered tomorrow!!

This thread has brought tears to my eyes! Congrats to those with good news, especially those with health concerns for themselves and their little ones. :hug: I have been in some of these situations and know the joy you are feeling.

We just found out that my daughter will be inducted into the National Honor Society (so I'm sending good vibes to the other poster and her son). It's a huge accomplishment for her as we had some rocky times with her applying herself a few years ago. She just found her mojo as a sophomore and has excelled since then. In this case, her success really does feel like mine :)

This is our news...DS, soon to be 18, has a bunch of disabilities. I've mentioned on other threads that he had childhood cancer, and 2 strokes, and brain surgeries. It's been really hard on him, and with his PT and OT and his LDs I haven't had much time for a career...so not much of anything (read nothing) has been put away for him to go to college. I just assumed he'd get grants and a ton of loans and we'd deal with it when it all came due...
Anyway, there's this program here called Mass Rehab (which I sort of knew about because there were a few 12 steppers from my old neighborhood who got their college paid for by Mass Rehab because they were sober...but that's another vent for another thread.) Anyway, I got a letter from the local Mass Rehab Office that my son's guidance counselor referred him, so we applied and it turns out that they will cover any educational costs that aren't covered by grants if my son chooses to go to a state college. (I guess they used to pay for private colleges, but their budget has been cut, and they don't do that anymore.)
But still. It's like we won the lottery. :woohoo:
This is our news. It is really huge for us. I have been hesitant to post because I'm afraid someone will flame me for taking a handout...but I'm hoping no one will. :goodvibes

I just got a work at home job!!!! I did my first day of (paid) training and I passed my assessment test!!! I am so excited!:banana: :banana:

Its a beautiful day today. DH has the day off for Good Friday and we are going to spend it as a family at the park. We are playing hooky today! Woohoo!!

This is our news...DS, soon to be 18, has a bunch of disabilities. I've mentioned on other threads that he had childhood cancer, and 2 strokes, and brain surgeries. It's been really hard on him, and with his PT and OT and his LDs I haven't had much time for a career...so not much of anything (read nothing) has been put away for him to go to college. I just assumed he'd get grants and a ton of loans and we'd deal with it when it all came due...
Anyway, there's this program here called Mass Rehab (which I sort of knew about because there were a few 12 steppers from my old neighborhood who got their college paid for by Mass Rehab because they were sober...but that's another vent for another thread.) Anyway, I got a letter from the local Mass Rehab Office that my son's guidance counselor referred him, so we applied and it turns out that they will cover any educational costs that aren't covered by grants if my son chooses to go to a state college. (I guess they used to pay for private colleges, but their budget has been cut, and they don't do that anymore.)
This is our news. It is really huge for us. I have been hesitant to post because I'm afraid someone will flame me for taking a handout...but I'm hoping no one will. :goodvibes

Wow, that's great news!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone flames you it will be "sour grapes" on their part. Don't let them get you down or diminish your excitement!!!!

My first good news is pretty big :banana: My DS was a preemie & has speech delays & he's about to enter kinder & while looking for summer pre-k (in FL we have VPK which is free) He qualified for free pre-k at a private school (so YEII) & then I found the McKay scholarshp program for children with disabilities & he also qualified (2nd YEII). So he's going to be going to private school starting Kinder all the way through 12th grade. The scholarship was almost $12k a year until he graduates. The school will also give him speech therapy & special ed classes while keeping him in a mainstream class which is the goal we were working for ! :cloud9: We are literally on cloud 9. Because we could never afford a private school education for him.

My 2nd good news started as bad news but turned out ok. Our lease is up in June & I just had a gut feeling & called the owner & you guessed it he's going to sell so we have to move. Well I was getting ready to tighten the budget to save for first & security but the owner said he felt so bad that I could live out the last month in lieu of rent & that way I wouldn't have to wait to get my security deposit back ! & after I spoke with our realtor she said the market is so bad in So Fl she can find us a bigger place for what we pay now ! she even said if we wanted to splurge we could rent a 2 story house for about $100 more each month :dance3:

My DH says everyone will think we're rich with a son in private school & living in a new 2 story house ! :rotfl:

& my diet has been going so well I've lost a grand total of 26 pounds !!!! :cheer2:

Great News all around! We got papers for the McKay scholarships but never applied for DS. It's great that you got it!
And the weight loss too! I can't wait to be able to say I've lost 26 lbs!

Wow, that's great news!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone flames you it will be "sour grapes" on their part. Don't let them get you down or diminish your excitement!!!!

Thanks so much! I really need a thicker skin as far as other peoples opinions go.

Great thread!! I absolutely need to count my blessings this week!

-I sold this crazy rocking zebra on Craigslist yesterday. It's been taking up room, and I made more money on it than if I would have sold it at our JBF sale.

-I got my JBF check in the mail yesterday.

-Our weather is gorgeous!

-This started out as no bueno: I had a massive recurring toothache that flared up in the middle of the night (bad). They couldn't find anything wrong (good). It hurt again (bad), so I went back this week (good). They tried to replace the filling (good), but it didn't work (bad). I went back the next day (good), but decided to pull it instead of getting a root canal that also may not have worked (bad/good mix). The great news, though? I get to have pudding, applesauce, jello, chocolate milk and soup all week/weekend!! Yum!

-I have Monday off from work (for 2 doc's appointments, but a day off is a day off!!).

-We'll be in DISNEY in about two months!!

That's the best use of taxpayers money I've heard of in a long time. Congrats to your family!

All the posts are great!! :thumbsup2

These are the few that made me laugh or smile extra loud/big:

I was feeling guilty about spending $30 this morning on getting my eyelashes dyed, but I really needed a boost to get me out of the self-esteem blues. But when I used the restroom there, I found 2 cents on the floor, and for some silly reason, it made me happy! So my eyelash dye ended up costing 2 cents less! Hey, every penny counts! So that's my good news!

I love it! I get excited about those things, too!

My brother in law came home safe and sound this week from his duty in Iraq!:worship:

Yesterday my cardiologist told me that my previous tests were false positives and detailed tests came back as normal so he really doesn't need to see me anymore.:woohoo:

Lauri

Great news on both subjects!! Thanks to your brother in law!

I made the decision yesterday to give myself one more year in MD and then I'm moving home to CO to live my dream....work and live in a mountain town like Breckenridge or Vail. I'm nervous but VERY excited. Now I just have to keep saving my $$$.

Way to go!!

Have a great weekend everyone! This thread has made my week!!

I had to add some good news!

I just played the Enchanted Sweepstakes on Disney Movie Rewards and won Enchanted phone calls! Fun!

My daughter made the eighth grade cheerleader squad for next year, she was a cheerleader last year but they have to try out every year. There was some pretty stiff competition.:yay: :cheer2:

I found out that Best Buy was reporting us 30 days late on our card each month for a full year after I paid off and closed the account. I got a letter from TransUnion today that they have deleted it! That should really improve our score! This is not even close to the first problem I've had with Best Buy. Don't go there, it's the devil.

Hey! We recently found out we're pregnant w/ our 2nd child! The bad news, we have to cancel our Disney trip we planned for September 08 (The baby's due early Oct)...and lose the free dining we booked last Sept while we were there! Good news, we are going in May instead for a condensed version of the trip. Last trip just the 3 of us. :-)

It's official. I'm finally going back to college to finish that Master's degree I started 10 years go!

I'm so nervous/excited I can't sleep!

What a wonderful idea for this thread. I feel like I have so many things in common with you guys, Lets continue to encourage and be proud of eachother;)
To all those who worry about babies being safe while we work, God is watching over our babies, we need to keep believing in that:)

My husband got a job! It's just PRN... and 24 hour shifts! But that's better than nothing! I don't know how I'm going to react to not having him around the house to be a SAHD-slash-student anymore but I'll be so glad for him to be making a paycheck! :o

My good news is that my dh is home from deployment, just for a visit though. I'm taking the time off that he's home and we're going to Disney together before he goes back again.

PLUS, dd's soccer team won the county championships and dh was home to see it!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter