Good news thread

Today was a great day for me. I got a call from a district asking if I was available for some contract work ($$$ for me) and also asked if I wanted to interview for a position for next year. I also have another lead on a permanent job for the rest of this year. So today in between the baby's naps I've been working on my applications.

If I get this job, I seriously don't know what I'll do with all that money. We've been living on 1 income for almost 2 years....Yes I know what I'll do, pay off my cc debt, pay off the car and get serious on the student loans.

Please say a prayer for me. Our family really needs this. Oh and I have to find good childcare too. I'll need BIG prayers for that one.

You got a prayer from me! good luck!

And GREAT thread, the news is sooo depressing this week, I needed this!:hug:

DH switched jobs at his company last summer and was very excited at the time because of the new position and small pay raise. Unfortunately he really disliked that job and felt trapped. He was working soooo many more hours and was always on call as well. DH was normally a very happy, hands-on dad and husband but his job was starting to make us all miserable.

Last week we found out that he can move back to his old position!!! We are all thrilled. The only catch is no raise next year. That doesn't help with the cost of milk, but we're very excited to have his time and happiness back!

Here's Mine:

I am leaving in 19 hours to go to DISNEY WORLD!!!!! I am so excited and the best part is this whole trip was FREE!!!

Dh got the stone job he bid on last week. Money has been a bit tight but this will really help build up the emergency fund again!

Our DSL modem kept resetting itself and the internet was going REALLY slow. While on the phone with customer service, they offered a replacement modem, installation, and free repairs for as long as we keep the service. They also took $70 off our next phone/internet bill, and are taking $10/month off for as long as we keep the service. :)

I am going to save ~$190 this year, and ~$120 in the coming years on phone/internet service. :yay:

Dh got the stone job he bid on last week. Money has been a bit tight but this will really help build up the emergency fund again!

My dad does masonry work (owns his business) and work has been very slow for him the past 6-8 months, so I am glad to hear your DH got the job.:goodvibes I know in that line of work money is not guaranteed from month to month.

Congrats to everyone on their good news...and Sarah, you and your little bun are in my prayers! :goodvibes

Our good news is we have accepted an offer on our house. It's a good one with a strong buyer so we expect everything to go smoothly. And we did it in less than 5 weeks!! Average days on the market in our area is 120 so we did GREAT!

Congrats to everyone on their good news...and Sarah, you and your little bun are in my prayers! :goodvibes

Our good news is we have accepted an offer on our house. It's a good one with a strong buyer so we expect everything to go smoothly. And we did it in less than 5 weeks!! Average days on the market in our area is 120 so we did GREAT!

Congrats! When we sold our last house, I believe it was on the market for 2 months. We didn't get the full asking price, but I was so happy to move into a house with twice as much space for our growing family. :)

Both my DD's 14 & 11 came home with their report cards yesterday and once again they both made honor roll:thumbsup2

I was feeling guilty about spending $30 this morning on getting my eyelashes dyed, but I really needed a boost to get me out of the self-esteem blues. But when I used the restroom there, I found 2 cents on the floor, and for some silly reason, it made me happy! So my eyelash dye ended up costing 2 cents less! Hey, every penny counts! So that's my good news!

Effective Jan 1 I was put on commission status. I made a pretty good salary and commission scared me but I didnt have a choice.
Well so far, January and Februarys checks I have put right into savings. We have not even had to touch them. I just cut back a little, DH picked up 2 days OT a month and now my checks are going right in the bank. It feels good.:love:

Congrats to all posters.:banana: :banana:

We have 1 week every month that has been killing us with bills. Since August, we get behind on the bills everytime this week rolls around and by the time we get caught up again, it's time for that week. So in Feb. I started budgeting and we have cut way back on our spending. Well, this is that week and I've paid all the bills!!! Now, I did it with having only $5 left over (seriously), but this is the first time I've managed to pay more than half of these bills on time in months!!! That tells me next months gonna be great because we won't have to use all our money for the next 3 weeks to get caught up on this one. :banana: :banana:

My DH traded in his gas eating truck for a Honda Accord. We are not saving close to a $100/week just in gas. :cool1: :cool1:

Both of my girls got fabulous report cards last week and glowing reports from their teachers during conferences.

I've had to work more than usual since Christmas (good for my personal economy but draining) but this week my workload is light so I will be off with my kids for their spring break.

Also it is less than two weeks until Opening Day for baseball--a sure sign of spring.

I received a $10.00 refund check today from a doctors office that I didn't know I had coming. $10.00 is $10.00, right? :)

I am headed to the motorcycle store in a few to buy myself a new GSXR. Yeah Me!

What a wonderful thread! I have been smiling all the way reading it!

My good news is that I bought my wedding dress this weekend :bride: AND we are going to WDW on Friday and then on our First DCL cruise on Sunday!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm thankful every day for my family but this has just been one of those special weeks!:goodvibes

Hugs all around!:grouphug:

I don't want to be nosy, but how did you get a free WDW trip?

haha..no problem. If you will go back and search my threads you will find a thread about my daughter and myself getting struck by a dune buggy at a Shriner's Parade in TN. Well they came to visit my daughter at the hospital after her surgery and asked her what her most favorite thing in the world was and she said going to Disney World!! So within a week or so of the accident they had it all planned, bought, and paid for. They are truly wonderful men..not because of the free trip, but because of the time and effort they spend helping children everyday.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter