Good news thread

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Disneyoverload42, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Disneyoverload42

Disneyoverload42 Mouseketeer

With all the bad stuff out there in the media, and after reading the "bad week" thread (which I contributed to also) I think we need a good news thread ;)
    So, put in your big deals, your windfalls, good news etc... It can't all be bad right?

I'll start, someone used us as a reference for daycare so this week we get FREE daycare - that's almost $400 I have extra in my budget! :woohoo:

Next popcorn::

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KelNottAt

KelNottAt <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Does it have to be budget good news? Or can it be any good news?

4. LisaInNc

LisaInNc Succulent Wild Woman

I have been working hard on Cardio for months and today I ran almost 2 miles. I have not run anywhere in almost 20 years. It was my first try and I was shocked that I could actually run!

5. Disneyoverload42

Disneyoverload42 Mouseketeer

I think any good news works :thumbsup2

6. tinaluis

tinaluis DIS Veteran

I got a refund on an eBay transaction gone wrong that I had all but given up on. $160 back in the bank ($70 of which was my DDs and which I would have given her from my own $$ if the refund didn't go through)!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

7. sarahlovesmickey

sarahlovesmickey <font color=darkorchid>I could probably make Shake

I found out I was pregnant last week but then began to bleed again, but it did stop. (I miscarried in Dec.) Had my blood levels drawn again today and my HcG levels are VERY high!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! i go for my ultrasound and check up next Monday.

8. breezy1077

breezy1077 <font color=green><marquee behavior=alternate>Eat

My parents won a free week-long stay at an off-site resort. So we can go to disney after all!!!:woohoo:

9. Mkaz

Mkaz <font color=deeppink>Well, bust my buttons! That's

We will have one more cc paid off this month. We will have another paid off by June. Then there is only one left. :yay:

Oh, Dh just called. He said he would pick our son up from his after school program. He had to make an unexpected trip into town to get supplies. He just saved us money! :woohoo:

10. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

I went to pay my power bill to find that I paid it out of last week's budget. I got an extra $60 this week.

11. tinkarooni

tinkarooni <font color=teal>Gets way too excited about saving

Great thread OP. I was going to say at first that I didn't have any good news but shame on me....we all have something don't we.

OK, we finished our taxes this weekend (that's really good) we owe (not so good) but we can afford to pay it (that's good).

I guess life really is all about how you look at it.

Thanks to the OP for making me think. :goodvibes

12. Karenj2

Karenj2 Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!

We put our house on the market in the beginning of March, and have had four showings and one open house. All realtors (cept one) have said that our house shows excellent and is priced right. The majority of the comments are that the house is really clean (and do we actually live there). Considering that we've been working our buns off to get the house that way, I'm excited! :thumbsup2

Plus (and I need some :wizard: and prayers for this one), our realtor said that there are two people that like our house - one is interested, but waiting for a job offer; the other is "very interested" and our realtor will be keeping in contact with them this week.

13. snowgooseltd

snowgooseltd DIS Veteran

sarahlovesmickey....Congratulations!!! I lost two children and our doctor told us we probably wouldn't be able to carry to term, again. We had two children, at the time, 2 and 5. I got pregnant about three years later and the same thing happened. I began to bleed and followed the doctor's suggestions about rest and such but it was hard with two other children. I finally decided it was in God's hands and got out of bed to tend to my family. The bleeding stopped and today, thirty-five years later, my third child is an awesome woman, born with no ill effects at all. Good luck with your pregnancy!! If it's meant to be, it will be.

14. budbeerlady

budbeerlady <font color=blue>I call DH The STREAK!!<br><font c

Been there so first :grouphug: but :thumbsup2 pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

15. mickeyfan2

mickeyfan2 DIS Veteran

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

16. sarahlovesmickey

sarahlovesmickey <font color=darkorchid>I could probably make Shake

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all your kind words. =)

17. Jeninindy

Jeninindy <font color=blue>I broke my ankle and got a concus

Congrats Sarah!!!! Lots of good thoughts heading your way!!!

18. DMickey28

DMickey28 <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br>Comes from a very

I sold some old rings and necklaces from HS for $514. Good News. Bad News? After I sold it to Goldfellows in person I found out that US Gold Buyers is paying more.

I FINALLY got Directv to apply the $152.50 to my account that was taken out of my account back in June but never applied.

19. lcadkins2007

lcadkins2007 WILLSMOMMY

My DS4 just won his first coloring contest and he won 4 free tickets to the Ringling Bros circus coming to town this weekend! I wish I had kept a copy of his entry...I truly didn't think he would win - he had to color a tiger and as much as I tried to convince him to color it orange, he insisted on coloring EVERY stripe a different color :worship: See - mom's way isn't always the best! woo hooo - that saved us approx $80!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

20. breezy1077

breezy1077 <font color=green><marquee behavior=alternate>Eat

Thank you so much for starting this thread!!

I thought about staying off this board for awhile because there was a lot of negative posts, but, for a few days at least, I'll just go to this post.

So, I guess my positive thing is this thread!:laughing:

21. sl_underwood

sl_underwood DIS Veteran

Awesome thread!

My dd 11, had blood work Monday and her counts are up. She was finally declared officially in remission!

Also, we leave for Disney World in 2 weeks!