Good Neighbor Hotels.. Which one to choose?!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by jshora, Nov 15, 2012.

1. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

It's true that if you're not planning on taking a break, being within walking distance isn't quite as crucial, but I simply can't quantify the difference between being able to watch the fireworks and then walk across the street to your hotel room versus watching the fireworks, waiting for a tram/bus to take you to the parking garage/lot, riding the tram/bus, walking to your car, driving to your hotel, potentially in traffic, parking your car at the hotel, then walking from your car to your room. I have done both and boy oh boy do I prefer the former.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dramamama

Dramamama Mouseketeer

I know you switched hotels. My family stayed at the Manage in September and we loved it. Great pool, great service, loved watching the fireworks from our balcony. The thing we didn't like was the shuttle. It took a long time to use it. The wait at the hotel and the park to catch the shuttle and going back to the hotel it was the last stop. It can be walking distance, but it is a long walk at the end of a busy walking day.

I prefer the hotels right across the street. I've stayed in three of them. I hate the park place in. It was dirty and the service was poor. The Carousel is clean and friendly. My favorite is the Ramada Maingate. Great pool, ok continental breakfast, the newly remodeled rooms are wonderful, the older rooms are ok, and the service is outstanding. I will be staying there again this week.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. danaesacto

danaesacto DIS Veteran

Sign up for Best Western rewards and go to Stovall's- the walk is not far- just the opposite direction from most of the hotels. Eventually (after a few stays) you will earn enough points for a Best western gift card and can use it towards another trip.

Enjoy!

5. OnTheRoadAgain

OnTheRoadAgain DIS Veteran

I just like thinking about thinks from all angles. However, I have to agree with you sonnyjane, especially because it is never just me and another adult; walking etc. with a tired family is less than ideal, that's why I always get as close as I can at the right price/options.

6. jshora

jshora Mouseketeer

I think we've finally made a decision and we're going to go with the Best Western Stovall's. It's just my husband and I, no kids. We decided that we'll do the walk over battling with parking or shuttles.

Thank you so much everyone for your insight!!! It was extremely helpful!!

7. dcraytho

dcraytho Earning My Ears

Love the Stovall. We always stay there. The ART picks up right in front of the hotel and it is a quick and easy ride. We normally walk back at night. :)

8. DisneyDreamer2

DisneyDreamer2 DIS Veteran

Love the Stovalls! great room and very good free breakfast too. Always take the short cut through the Grand californian into downtown Disney in the mornings. In the evenings, if you end the night in DCA such as after World of Color,, just exit into the hotel by Grizzly River Run. It's actually a nice walk. Enjoy your trip!

9. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

I've stayed at several and would choose in this order:
    1. Fairfield Inn
    2. HOJO
    3. Candy Cane Inn
    4. BWPPI

10. luulu1999

luulu1999 DIS Veteran

This is our first time going but we are staying at the Clarion and its not very far....not many people say anything about it but I have asked around and have been told its not a bad place and not super expensive