Good Family Restaurant

Charlotte D

Earning My Ears
My family and I are travelling to orlando in 4 weeks time staying in kissimmee, we have 2 kids aged 2 and 3 years, can anyone recommend a good family restaurant to go to that doesn't mind young children as mine can be a bit loud sometimes.

Hi Charlotte..

Well if there is one thing that there a lot of around Disney World it is restaurants filled with kids that are sometime tired and little loud....so you will not be alone.
Remember, Disney World is 40 square MILES, so where you are staying will have a lot to with with what restaurants are handy and reasonbly priced.

If you don't mind buffets, there are plenty. Probably the best overall are the Golden Corrals. There is one in Kissimmee on 192 west of Disney about 2 miles. It is on the the south side of 192 close to Sherberth Road which intersects 192.
There are hundreds of chains along 192 including Red Lobster, Denny's Outback, Lots of Pizza, Chili,s and so on.

If you want a great Disney Buffet for the kids, try Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Hotel. You do NOT need to be staying in the hotel or even have Disney park tickets to go. Just call 407 WDW DINE to make ressies (priority seating) For breakfast kids under 2 are free and the 3 y/o is about 12 dollars. Adults are about 15 dollars. It is a little pricy but the greatest take home pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale...

Good Luck and it you let us know where you are staying we can give you a few more ideas close to where you are at....

Enjoy

Ted

Hi, Charlotte and welcome to the DIS! :wave2: Be sure to check out the UK forums and get some input from a Brit perspective.

Wherabouts in Kissimmee are you staying? The main drag (Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, aka US192) is literally miles long and packed with places to eat. If you tell us where you're staying we'll be able to suggest some places close by.

Originally posted by tednvon
Good Luck and it you let us know where you are staying we can give you a few more ideas close to where you are at....
Great minds think alike, Ted! Looks as though we were posting at the same time :D .

Hi Deb..not sure great minds think alike....I just must have read your mind!!!!

Take Care....Ted

Hi Ted

Thanks for your reply the Chef Mickey's Buffet sounds great and must go there. We are staying at the Holiday inn Nikki Bird on the 192 which we have also had mixed reviews about let me know if you know it.

Thanks
Charlotte

Hi..as I post this there is a another post right below yours that has some info about Nikki Bird...Should help to answer questions for you.

Glad you will be doing Chef Mickey's Breakfast goes until 11:30. We love to go about 10:30 to 10:45 as it is less crowded.

Enjoy..Ted

Try Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. The animals should keep them amused. Planet Hollywood is so loud nobody would even notice them there. But, I think you should feel free to go anywhere you would like. It is Orlando. As long as you stay away from fine dining you are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!