Good deals on flights from europe?

Unfortunately, no! When I checked, it was $1,300 one way from Barcelona to the West Coast. We decided to not take the EBTA cruise because of the cost of airfare.

And when...

If you are looking for THIS year's cruise you have probably left it a little late for the best deals. If you are looking for next year (assuming that have an EBTA, I don't have a clue) you are early.

Now... my hint which others will scream about.

You might consider a round trip Barcelona to Tampa and Tampa to Barcelona and throw half of the ticket away A couple of notes

1. You MUST book it the way I wrote it. Don't book Tampa to barcelona and think "I will just not take the first flight" When you skip that flight the airline will cancel your flight home!

2. Yes, it is technically against the terms and conditions and you "could" get caught and charged a one way ticket. If you do it once or even once a year... IMHO it's highly unlikely. I have never heard of a "one time abuser" getting caught, but you do have to accept that risk. (Heck I do it on domestic travel all the time and Delta has yet to come after me. Now I don't do it to save money but just because my plans get changed)

For this year if you can find something around $1,200 that's probably as good as it gets...

Realistically... if you didn't take the cruise this year due to airfare, you may not ever take it. This is the new reality. The days of $400 to Europe are pretty much gone. Expect to spend around $1,000 if you are lucky for a round trip and realistically it's probably going to be higher. There is much less capacity allowing the airlines to actually charge profitable prices.

AerLingus will give you a good price on a one way flight from Barcelona to NYC, via plane change in Dublin (we did this a few years back in reverse to get to a WBTA), and then you could probably get a good one way flight from NYC to Tampa via JetBlue or Southwest if they fly to Tampa . . .good luck!

AerLingus will give you a good price on a one way flight from Barcelona to NYC, via plane change in Dublin (we did this a few years back in reverse to get to a WBTA), and then you could probably get a good one way flight from NYC to Tampa via JetBlue or Southwest if they fly to Tampa . . .good luck!

Aerlingus is ok? I saw that one but didnt know about the reputability of the airline.

Aerlingus is ok? I saw that one but didnt know about the reputability of the airline.

I really like them - I have used them to fly to Ireland for a trip as well as the one way from JFK-Barcelona for the WBTA. If you change flights in Dublin, the flight between Barcelona and Dublin will be a little more like EasyJet (no free food) but since you are booked through on an international flight you will get a free baggage allowance. Then the flight from Dublin to JFK is comparable to any economy international flight IMO (free meal, nice seats, etc.).

I really like them - I have used them to fly to Ireland for a trip as well as the one way from JFK-Barcelona for the WBTA. If you change flights in Dublin, the flight between Barcelona and Dublin will be a little more like EasyJet (no free food) but since you are booked through on an international flight you will get a free baggage allowance. Then the flight from Dublin to JFK is comparable to any economy international flight IMO (free meal, nice seats, etc.).

Thanks! I saw a flight on aerlingus -$800 for a one way, which isn't bad at all.

Thanks! I saw a flight on aerlingus -$800 for a one way, which isn't bad at all.

Does that include the flight to Tampa? If so, that's a great deal. I think we paid around $650 each for the one way JFK-BCN, and that was a few years ago. Even if it does not include the flight to Tampa, it's a good deal.

Does that include the flight to Tampa? If so, that's a great deal. I think we paid around $650 each for the one way JFK-BCN, and that was a few years ago. Even if it does not include the flight to Tampa, it's a good deal.

Yes! I went to Europe in 06 and it was $600...I figured a $200 hike isn't so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter