Good Chance of Getting in Semester After College?

FantasiaMagic

DIS Veteran
I am planning on applying for the DCP eventually. Due to my school not accepting Disney class credits, I think my best option would be to do the DCP the semester after I graduate. Is there a good chance, or better I should say of me getting into the program since I would be one of the older applicants and it would be one of last chances of doing the program?

Also, I been confused about this - let me bring up a scenario. Just say I graduate from college in Spring of 2019, would I only be able to apply for the fall 2019 DCP or would I also be given the chance to do the Spring 2020 DCP as well?

TIA!:goodvibes

My dd graduates this May. She is accepted into the Fall '16 program. I'm not sure if her status as a 'graduate' helped her or not. She applied on the first day, had her phone interview within a week....then waited until early March to hear!
If she hadn't been accepted this time, she would have applied in Aug, for the Spring '17 program. As long as are within 6 months of graduation, you can apply.

You can only apply while you are still enrolled in college courses. So if you graduate in the Spring of 2019, you can only apply for Fall 2019 while you are still enrolled at your school. You would not be able to apply for Spring 2020 unless you are taking a college course during the Fall of 2019. They recently changed the rules so that the 6 months after graduation rule doesn't apply anymore, you must be enrolled when you apply. Hope that made sense!

You can only apply while you are still enrolled in college courses. So if you graduate in the Spring of 2019, you can only apply for Fall 2019 while you are still enrolled at your school. You would not be able to apply for Spring 2020 unless you are taking a college course during the Fall of 2019. They recently changed the rules so that the 6 months after graduation rule doesn't apply anymore, you must be enrolled when you apply. Hope that made sense!
Not sure when they changed it then.....must have been in the last month or so. I have an email from DCP, answering my very specific question about this. My dd graduates in May. We have both been told by DCP that she can apply for the Spring '17 program because apps drop within the six months of graduation.

My dd graduates this May. She is accepted into the Fall '16 program. I'm not sure if her status as a 'graduate' helped her or not. She applied on the first day, had her phone interview within a week....then waited until early March to hear!
If she hadn't been accepted this time, she would have applied in Aug, for the Spring '17 program. As long as are within 6 months of graduation, you can apply.
A lot of my friends and coworkers had graduated college (including me). You should be okay!
During my program I knew several and every now and then some more come along. I don't think it changes your chances

Ok thank you everyone for your responses, I really appreciate the help. I will email DCP myself to double check about the 6 month rule. Thanks again!

Not sure when they changed it then.....must have been in the last month or so. I have an email from DCP, answering my very specific question about this. My dd graduates in May. We have both been told by DCP that she can apply for the Spring '17 program because apps drop within the six months of graduation.

I have an email from a DCP recruiter from about a month ago as well that says that you have to be enrolled in classes at the time of application and that the 6 month rule isn't true anymore, but I know this semester people have had a lot of problems with hearing different responses from recruiters about the same things. It happened very frequently in this semester's application group about a few different things, so who knows? The 6 month rule has been in affect for a while so I would assume it is still true, and the recruiter I heard from is just clueless, especially if you and your DD heard the same thing.

But for OP's question, 2019 and 2020 are a few years away, and they get more and more applicants every semester and are tightening the rules all the time, so you never know what requirements could change between then and now. Just stay updated in the facebook pages for each application season and usually the majority of people in the group can let you know if anything changes!

Yeah, absolutely keep watching the FB page. Disney is famous for changing policy...with about a 30 sec advance notice!!!

Also, I been confused about this - let me bring up a scenario. Just say I graduate from college in Spring of 2019, would I only be able to apply for the fall 2019 DCP or would I also be given the chance to do the Spring 2020 DCP as well?

TIA!:goodvibes

Sorry, I missed this part. Yes you can extend. A buddy of mine graduated May 2011. Did a DCP Fall 11 and extended to my program Spring 12. He is still here now and has moved up rather quickly! Definitely a possibility

I know you are asking about the DCP rather than a PI - but applying for the semester after graduation for a PI is a great choice. Many of these positions are office-oriented, and you are essentially a working professional. Some teams cycle through interns pretty regularly just based on the way their team works, but others view PIs as potential regular full time hires, and having the freedom to stay as long as necessary is a big plus in those situations

Being a former Legoland (Attractions), Party Place (Party Host and Princess) and Gaylord Resort (Photography and sales) employee, I thought I'd be a shoe in but I haven't heard back from the DCP yet. My interview was in January. I wouldn't just give yourself one shot in case you don't get selected. It's a competitive program. I wish you luck!

If you don't get in after you graduate why don't you just enroll in a fun class like an art class or something like that and so you can continue to apply? It just says that you have to be in school it doesn't say that you have to be seeking a degree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter