Good, Bad, Ugly of Gulfstream Conquest

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by tinan, May 2, 2013.

1. tinan

tinan DIS Veteran

My dh and I are considering moving on up from a pop up to a class C. The one that peaks our interest is the Gulfstream Conquest. I like their layout and feel and we are looking at buying a used one. What is the good, bad and ugly of them? Like what quirks do you have with yours? What problem areas should we be looking for? Etc. Anything you can share? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

2. super_camper

super_camper Mouseketeer

If you haven't already done so I would ask this question on rv.net, its a better site for information like this. You will also be able to connect directly with other Conquest owners both current and past to get real feedback on the specific year you're looking at buying. I did a search for "Conquest" in the class c forum on rv.net and found 28 matches so there are people talking about them.

Although I don't have a Conquest I can offer some advice. I think the 3 most important things to consider in buying a used class c are
    1. Condition of the "house" part of the RV, make sure there are no leaks
    2. Maintenance records for the van or "chassis" portion of the RV
    3. Floorplan, make sure it's what you want and don't settle for something less as there are alot of used RV's for sale. Patience is an asset here.

The biggest issue by far with this class of MH is leaking, most commonly in the cab over part so I would spend some time going over this in detail. Many owners do not do regular maintenance on either the house or chassis part of the RV so ask for records from the owner.

3. tinan

tinan DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! We started looking at that and had our eyes on one that I think we may get. :)

4. beagles7278

beagles7278 Know Enough to be Dangerous

We had a 2006 Conquest 6280D for a short time, what are you looking at? I would agree RV.net is a great resource for info.