Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Does anyone on here use the locking pin backs? The kind where you don't need a key?

Any good sellers or ones to watch on Ebay?

Thanks!

I have purchased locking pin backs from eBay seller Disneypatriot numerous times and have never been disappointed

I have purchased locking pin backs from eBay seller Disneypatriot numerous times and have never been disappointed

Thank you! I have ordered one time but it was years ago. I think I ordered from Disneypatriot also but can't be sure.

I appreciate your reply!
Amy

Is the original list(post 1) updated regularly or do you need to sort through the most recent posts to see who the 'good' sellers are?

It has been over 3 years since we have bought traders on Ebay and I can tell by this thread that the bad pins are more abundant than ever. :rolleyes2

Needing pins for an unplanned trip in 2 weeks. Do you think I will get them if I order today?:scared:

Thank you!:goodvibes

Is the original list(post 1) updated regularly or do you need to sort through the most recent posts to see who the 'good' sellers are?

It has been over 3 years since we have bought traders on Ebay and I can tell by this thread that the bad pins are more abundant than ever. :rolleyes2

Needing pins for an unplanned trip in 2 weeks. Do you think I will get them if I order today?:scared:

The original thread owner is scarce these days, like everything life has a way of getting busy and he's not around as much as he used to be. Unfortunately he's the only person who can update the thread. I would recommend reading the first 1-3 pages for review and helpful info and then skipping to the last 10 or so. That will give you the best info.
As for getting them for a trip in 2 weeks, I'd see about contacting one of the recently mentioned good sellers and letting them know what your asking, see if they can put a BIN up for you or if they will ship to the hotel for you. :) Good luck!

And, its about to get worse. I just got an e-mail from a friend who I trade with and there is another board somewhere that someone posted a bunch of photos about a new batch of scrappers about to hit. Am I allowed to post a link to that site here? They had pictures.

The most recent pages have a lot of great sellers. I have bought up like crazy over the last few months and there are some really great sellers on eBay selling new items.

Bizzybee 1 currently has a clearance sale on booster packs going on if you are looking for traders. Very reliable. The pins come out to $2 each in lots of 25, 50, 75, 100, etc. and have free shipping.

I used to use the locking backs. I bought all mine at Disney. Don't use them anymore and need to get rid of them... If I can find the bag I put them in, I'll give them away to whoever wants them.

Got 3 booster pins sets from kittykat2bad in the mail today. Sealed, price sticker still on, and pins look great! :thumbsup2

Got 3 booster pins sets from kittykat2bad in the mail today. Sealed, price sticker still on, and pins look great! :thumbsup2

Glad to know. I bought some I'm waiting on. I saw them on ODPT and couldn't believe she had the recent ones that just came out so cheap. Saved me a ton of money over ordering directly from Disney.

I've bought a number of pins from meekd100. I received one pin I suspected was counterfeit (the "border" on the back was not easy to discern). When I contacted him he sent me a pin of my choice (or offered to refund the money and let me keep the pin). I actually got two pins from him. He also refunded money on another pin before it was sent out. I asked him to compare pins from a series noting that it was the only good method of determing scrappers or counterfeits in this particular series. He did it and said one of them didn't look right so he refunded the money. All the other pins I received looked correct.

I don't have time to read all 100+ pages, so I apologize if my question is a rehash....

Is "oldmooma" a reputable source for pins on EBay?

I don't have time to read all 100+ pages, so I apologize if my question is a rehash....

Is "oldmooma" a reputable source for pins on EBay?

Yes, I have bought from her several times. Here is the catch. It may make no difference to you. If you are only looking for cheap traders for the parks, you'll be in good shape. However, she lists her pins as new on card, and some of them are, and some are not. Sometimes she words it that you will get a mix of new on card and "new but traded"... My first order from her was amazing. Each order thereafter went a little downhill so I stopped buying. It may be just that she got sick of selling to me.

If you buy a lot of pins, expect duplicates. Expect poor packaging. My pins were always just shoved into a flat rate padded mailer and if you order a lot of pins, that is not good protection. Expect to overpay for that poor packaging.

Expect your new on card pins to be pins just poked into random cards. It may make no difference to you, but at my monthly trade meet, it makes a big difference. Sometimes your "two pin sets" are two unrelated pins stuck onto a single card. I got Cars with Mickey, Stitch with the little green men from Toy Story and many others. There are many on their original cards, or in pin packs or booster sets as well. So, those are new.

My last order contained 10 pins in a plastic bag that were most definitely scrappers. A couple were even rusty. That was on a new on card listing. However I bought a few hundred pins from her over the summer and would still recommend her.

Giver her a try. Let us know what kind of mix you get. I am wondering if her stock changed.

Again, I didn't sort through the whole post, but what's the scoop on www.mousepinsonline.com ? Still an ok person to buy from or no?

Reports on MPO have been mixed lately. Many people saying they got scrappers. When I used them I liked what they sent, but they sent a mix of standard Disney pins and Pro Pins (mostly Pro Pins), I liked the Pro Pins so I would usually keep them and occasionally used them for a CM trade (PP ARE accepted by CM's, as are Bertoni pins but Sedesma are NOT). Personally I'm not sure I'd use MPO again, just because of the scrapper reports mostly. I think they are like some sellers, they are in a "use at your own risk" type of status. :)

Got my booster packs from kittykat2bad and was quite happy. 2 of them were a new release pack and they were about 1/4 of what they were selling for on Disney's website and at the park.

Yea he had a few up the other day that I liked but didn't want to take the chance without someone's feedback. Thank you though :)

Countdown to the Millennium pins usually sell well, but that seller's ended and were re-listed and ended again with no sale. Maybe because no feedback for pins in the past? Those prices were very low and some had free shipping, so it is anyone's guess...

Good:
alices-house-of-treasures
dizfunfair
gitanoman
glenbrooks
gyantzpod
mejia.79

BAD:
mydisneyfunds2go
mr.disneycollector
disneyfamily801

Hello everyone, this is a great thread but I'd like to ask for recommendations. we are looking to buy pins specifically to trade on our next trip. Our girls are 6 & 8 and don't mind what they get....can you recommend a seller who I'd get the best bang for my buck with?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter