Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

thanks....hope it is not bad that I let them know about the thread.....they may make themselves look more legit.....No reply from him! Funny thing is he has great feedback!

:thumbsup2mubunny has some quick auctions on ebay and then he's taking a break for a while. Just wanted you all to know

I actually emailed him before I read your reply. Asking if they were legit etc and saying I had read neg about him on the boards. I told him what I wanted which is for my kids to trade in the world bc they never want to trade the ones we buy down there bc they have chosen them. I am also going with 2 1st timers and thought it would be fun for them....this is what he replied.....

"Hello,
My advice is never trade and never buy from ebay. You should only buy from Disney and never trade with a cast member.
Its the only way to be 100% sure.

- dopeyspins"

I replied back asking if that meant his were not legit and if so how we should proceed....waiting to hear. This is so sad....just want the kids to have fun with a little less expense. I need to read this thread more tonight!!!

:scared1:Was that really his reply?
I am shocked.....
Did you pay him?
Did he cancel the auction?
Did he offer to return your money?
If you did pay for them..........
Now..file a claim....and..leave him negative feedback..even more important...give him 1 star on the DSRs..
mainly..because his attitude..stinks.
most folks do not realize..a Negative..does not mean nearly as much harm to a seller..as a 1 star rating does.
It can ruin you...
and..with a response like that..he deserves it.
If he just canceled the auction for you....move on..do not worry about it.

thanks....hope it is not bad that I let them know about the thread.....they may make themselves look more legit.....No reply from him! Funny thing is he has great feedback!

Most sellers will have great FB, a lot of buyers have no clue about scrappers so.....

I recently purchased some pins from seller theatreandfilms and all the pins that were sent were 100% scrappers, poor off color remakes of cast lanyard pins. Contacting seller to see what he will do about it.

We, too, purchases some pins from theatreandfilms prior to our last trip. Although some were valid pins, a majority of them were scrappers with off colors and the Mickey head stamping on the reverse not going to the edges.

I bought 2 lots (20 and 25) from MrLast79. Good seller....I think a couple scrappers. Overall good (I think he probably really traded for them)

NOT SO with 423disneypinfreak. Maybe she's an old "red-lister"under a new name....."Pat" from Chatanooga TN ring a bell w/anyone????
I'm sick---two lots 140 pins!!! And EVERY SINGLE ONE a very OBVIOUS scrapper. Now, I'm used to picking over the big lots and am willing to accept 10-15% poor quality (we toss them) but ALL 140????? never before.
Have an inquiry in to her....my 11 year old is watching this closely too.....nothing like a lesson in "ethical business 101"

So how do I add them to the Red and Green lists????

I bought 2 lots (20 and 25) from MrLast79. Good seller....I think a couple scrappers. Overall good (I think he probably really traded for them)

NOT SO with 423disneypinfreak. Maybe she's an old "red-lister"under a new name....."Pat" from Chatanooga TN ring a bell w/anyone????
I'm sick---two lots 140 pins!!! And EVERY SINGLE ONE a very OBVIOUS scrapper. Now, I'm used to picking over the big lots and am willing to accept 10-15% poor quality (we toss them) but ALL 140????? never before.
Have an inquiry in to her....my 11 year old is watching this closely too.....nothing like a lesson in "ethical business 101"

So how do I add them to the Red and Green lists????

Thanks for your report, what happens is the thread owner comes in and makes the updates when he has the time. :) That's why we suggest people read the full thread, but since it's quite overwhelming we are OK with people using just page 1. LOL :) I hope you get a resolution with Pat from TN.......

I'm going to send a PM to the OP concerning someone I just bought pins from on eBay (it was a lot of 20 pins). At first glance they looked ok but when I inspected them further they looked odd. They looked like they had brush stroke marks on them. DF says he thought they were using a polisher to try to 'fix' the pins. I wrote back to the person stating I couldn't give them the 5 stars they wanted because something seemed wrong with the pins and I question whether I can trade them or not. The below is the response I received:

'Thank you so much for contacting me before leaving a feedback i really appreciated if you are no happy with your order is no problem just return the pins to me I will refund your money plus the return postage and if happens you still want to keep some of them just keep it...the parks really don't care about the quality of the pins people trade...you will see some times after you trade you find out that the one you took it has some paint or black spots in the back...but the fun of this in the parks is to trade this pins are not for collections. I really appreciate your honesty and telling me about this instead of leaving me with a bad feedback because it really hurt my account... thanks so much. Please let me know what are you going to do. regards '

Now I've read a few complaints from other Dis'ers that CM's would not trade pins with them because of scratchmarks so I found it odd for him to say that the parks don't care. There has to be some truth in them caring - right?

At any rate I feel uncomfortable keeping the pins & trying to trade them because it isn't fair for someone else down the road to end up with a scrapper. The ebay person is disneyeasypin, I don't believe I saw them listed on the first page. I appreciate that he is offering to refund my money & return shipping. I'm guessing he really doesn't want a bad review.

I'm trying to give pin trading a shot & I probably should've done more research here on the Dis to find out more info. Thankfully someone sent me the link for this thread so I'll stick in my fave's to reference when I do want to purchase some pins.

We were in WDW last weekend and did some pin trading. We do it because the kids enjoy it. I was surprised to find that a couple of CMs had pins they knew were not Disney pins on their laynards. Yet they left them there and traded anyway. My son wanted one of these said pins and traded for it. Then he came up with some story as to how it 'could be' disney related.

Another Pin related thing that happened to us. This was the first trip that other children approached my kids to trade pins. They got such a kick out of it. We even found one litte boy who was about 3 or 4. You could tell he just started trading. He was adorable, I had some pins in my pocket and let him pick one. He was so excited. That smile was trade enough for me.

I actually emailed him before I read your reply. Asking if they were legit etc and saying I had read neg about him on the boards. I told him what I wanted which is for my kids to trade in the world bc they never want to trade the ones we buy down there bc they have chosen them. I am also going with 2 1st timers and thought it would be fun for them....this is what he replied.....

"Hello,
My advice is never trade and never buy from ebay. You should only buy from Disney and never trade with a cast member.
Its the only way to be 100% sure.

- dopeyspins"

I replied back asking if that meant his were not legit and if so how we should proceed....waiting to hear. This is so sad....just want the kids to have fun with a little less expense. I need to read this thread more tonight!!!

I just won a lot from dopeyspins too and then found this thread. Would love to hear how your auction/pins turned out...

I'm going to send a PM to the OP concerning someone I just bought pins from on eBay (it was a lot of 20 pins). At first glance they looked ok but when I inspected them further they looked odd. They looked like they had brush stroke marks on them. DF says he thought they were using a polisher to try to 'fix' the pins. I wrote back to the person stating I couldn't give them the 5 stars they wanted because something seemed wrong with the pins and I question whether I can trade them or not. The below is the response I received:

'Thank you so much for contacting me before leaving a feedback i really appreciated if you are no happy with your order is no problem just return the pins to me I will refund your money plus the return postage and if happens you still want to keep some of them just keep it...the parks really don't care about the quality of the pins people trade...you will see some times after you trade you find out that the one you took it has some paint or black spots in the back...but the fun of this in the parks is to trade this pins are not for collections. I really appreciate your honesty and telling me about this instead of leaving me with a bad feedback because it really hurt my account... thanks so much. Please let me know what are you going to do. regards '

Now I've read a few complaints from other Dis'ers that CM's would not trade pins with them because of scratchmarks so I found it odd for him to say that the parks don't care. There has to be some truth in them caring - right?

At any rate I feel uncomfortable keeping the pins & trying to trade them because it isn't fair for someone else down the road to end up with a scrapper. The ebay person is disneyeasypin, I don't believe I saw them listed on the first page. I appreciate that he is offering to refund my money & return shipping. I'm guessing he really doesn't want a bad review.

I'm trying to give pin trading a shot & I probably should've done more research here on the Dis to find out more info. Thankfully someone sent me the link for this thread so I'll stick in my fave's to reference when I do want to purchase some pins.

Return the pins, they are scrappers. Thank You for not trading them! We traders do appreciate that! :) The parks do care but the bottom line is most CM's don't care. Or they just don't know much about pins or they just don't want a "conflict" with guests.

Just a quick fyi, if you look at the pins you won they probably don't have a glossy top coat, that's a good way to tell a scrapper, good pins will be shiny on top, if the finish is dull they are not good pins. :)

Ugh! I found this thread after I won a bid from someone on the DO NOT BUY list! I have every intention on returning once I get them. We just started buying our pins last week on vacation at WDW & DD5 & DH got hooked. I think we spent over $150.00 in our last 3 days on pins?!? We let her trade the mystery 2fors from the park. But, can anyone PM me w/legit ebay "lot" sellers? I really can not afford to buy individuals mostly cause shipping is so high on alot of them. Thank You Mary

I don't buy lots much anymore only if it's a lot of less then 10 or maybe 20-25 if I know the seller. Too many times I have been burned by lot sellers.

It seems to me that there must be a lot of scrappers being traded at the parks, there are pages and pages of ebay disneypin lots. Yes, some are being ignored but many smaller lots 20 to 30 are not. The trading is something that my kids (11, 9 &5) want to do, but I am not sure that I want to invest $5 to 10 on a pin to trade for a $1 scrapper. It seems that you have to be a pin expert to know the difference. I don't want to have to ask CM to let me check their pin so that I can see if it is a "real" pin, that seems disrespectful to the CM, IMO. So what is the fun of this if my kids are getting ripped off? It seemed like such a fun and interesting thing when I started checking into this and now I am not so sure I want to even bother. :sad2:

In August, I noticed a lot of the same basic pins on CM lanyards. The current hidden mickey series pins are plentiful. So, it should be easy to complete those collections. I was looking for more specific pins to complete my collections and it was more difficult. The vinylmation pins would be an example. I did start asking CMs to see the back of the pin, before I traded. None of them seemed to mind.

The CM's do not care if you ask to see the pin and if you decide not to do the trade. They have no problems with that at all, so by all means ask to see before you decide to trade. :)

I posted a while back that I bought some pins from a UK Seller, Pin-Princess on ebay.

Having gone through the pins, I thought you may like to know my findings. I bought 11 pins, she doesn't sell large lots and I think these 5 are scrappers, there are 3 that I think are OK and three that my dd loves and wants to keep, whether scrappers or not

I have been in touch and she has replied to say that she will take the ones back that I don't want, but to be honest, I think I will just leave it and cut my losses, but I would be interested to know what you more experienced traders think.

Pin 65409 - Bowling Pin, Villans, Maleficent
Says 8 of 10 (should be 1 of 10?). Eyes not black, but silver

Pin 68603 - Inspirations, Fruits of the Mouse
Mickey icons on the back are small and don't got to the edge, eyes are not painted and the colours on shoes are both green.

Pin 73105 - Mystery Pin, Jungle Cruise
No water splashes on the ears, the butterfly is not fully painted. Mickey Icons on revers don't go to edge and are small.

Pin 34497 - Series 3 Minnie (Kite)
No black eye dots - features plain, not black. Tail is definately rounded and not enameled.

Pin 56894 - Hidden Mickey Pineapple
Detail on the stem is plain - should be black?

Kate

Those definitely sound like scrappers K8T. Thanks for your feedback!

I posted a while back that I bought some pins from a UK Seller, Pin-Princess on ebay.

Having gone through the pins, I thought you may like to know my findings. I bought 11 pins, she doesn't sell large lots and I think these 5 are scrappers, there are 3 that I think are OK and three that my dd loves and wants to keep, whether scrappers or not

I have been in touch and she has replied to say that she will take the ones back that I don't want, but to be honest, I think I will just leave it and cut my losses, but I would be interested to know what you more experienced traders think.

Pin 65409 - Bowling Pin, Villans, Maleficent
Says 8 of 10 (should be 1 of 10?). Eyes not black, but silver

Pin 68603 - Inspirations, Fruits of the Mouse
Mickey icons on the back are small and don't got to the edge, eyes are not painted and the colours on shoes are both green.

Pin 73105 - Mystery Pin, Jungle Cruise
No water splashes on the ears, the butterfly is not fully painted. Mickey Icons on revers don't go to edge and are small.

Pin 34497 - Series 3 Minnie (Kite)
No black eye dots - features plain, not black. Tail is definately rounded and not enameled.

Pin 56894 - Hidden Mickey Pineapple
Detail on the stem is plain - should be black?

Kate

Yep. I agree with PixieWings. Scrappers. All of those pins you mentioned are highly scrapped for the exact reasons you mention (colors being off, details missing/different). I, too, would cut my losses and move on. If nothing else, mark the back with a sharpie and keep them for reference in the future to compare pins and details. Or do like me, yank the post off with some pliers, glue on a magnet and decorate your fridge!!!:)

Thanks for the info on the seller!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter