Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Here's a closer look at the back on pin #1. (Si face pin)
sipinbackneonbluemickey001.jpg

Here's another pic of pin #2. I don't see any dimples on it, but the post is really close to the top. I've never seen so much of the pin back stick up over a pin before. Also I've posted below it the picture from pinpics. Notice how visible & bright the hidden mickey is. Is it possible for them to wear off over time? I find that hard to believe since this is a 2010 release pin.

My pin
sipinbackneonbluemickey002.jpg

What the real pin should look like (courtesy of pinpics)
neonmickeyfrompinpics.jpg

I'm pretty sure all 4 are scrappers, but I just don't want to go around accusing this seller & asking for a refund if I don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks for the picture... the Warhol ones are commonly scrapped, so I wouldn't doubt it...

I can't tell with pin 1... the font is just about the same as on my other pins, so I'm really not sure. You have the best call.

Here's a closer look at the back on pin #1. (Si face pin)
sipinbackneonbluemickey001.jpg

Here's another pic of pin #2. I don't see any dimples on it, but the post is really close to the top. I've never seen so much of the pin back stick up over a pin before. Also I've posted below it the picture from pinpics. Notice how visible & bright the hidden mickey is. Is it possible for them to wear off over time? I find that hard to believe since this is a 2010 release pin.

My pin
sipinbackneonbluemickey002.jpg

What the real pin should look like (courtesy of pinpics)
neonmickeyfrompinpics.jpg

I'm pretty sure all 4 are scrappers, but I just don't want to go around accusing this seller & asking for a refund if I don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for all your help!

I am no expert, but let me tell you why I think the first pin is a scrapper. Do you see that extra little sliver of metal coming up from beside the post on the back? It is my experience that this is a sign of a scrapper. Most disney pins now come with the two little nubs on each side of the post that are actually on the back of the pin. I have a few pins that I purchased as a group and I KNOW they are scrappers and they also have that sliver.

I am also fairly certain #2 is a scrapper based entirely on the poor quality.

Of course, someone out there may have a different opinion than me.

Good luck!

I am no expert, but let me tell you why I think the first pin is a scrapper. Do you see that extra little sliver of metal coming up from beside the post on the back? It is my experience that this is a sign of a scrapper. Most disney pins now come with the two little nubs on each side of the post that are actually on the back of the pin. I have a few pins that I purchased as a group and I KNOW they are scrappers and they also have that sliver.

I am also fairly certain #2 is a scrapper based entirely on the poor quality.

Of course, someone out there may have a different opinion than me.

Good luck!

That's often a sign of a scrapper, but I have seen real pins with one nub coming off of the post like that.

Not saying this one is real

That's often a sign of a scrapper, but I have seen real pins with one nub coming off of the post like that.

Not saying this one is real

See, it is becoming more and more difficult to tell. I have never seen that sliver on pins that I have purchased, but now that I know you have, it just makes the telling of scrappers even harder!

So far I have managed to continue to enjoy pin collecting, but I know plenty who have given it up because the scrappers are becoming more and more available.

I hate it when my fun gets ruined!!!!:confused3

See, it is becoming more and more difficult to tell. I have never seen that sliver on pins that I have purchased, but now that I know you have, it just makes the telling of scrappers even harder!

So far I have managed to continue to enjoy pin collecting, but I know plenty who have given it up because the scrappers are becoming more and more available.

I hate it when my fun gets ruined!!!!:confused3

I'm not as much worrying about the scrappers, I just won't add to the problem. As you said, it takes the fun away.

And I didn't buy that pin, I'm just 99.99% sure it's real.

I contacted sleepys_emporium & told them I was pretty sure those 4 were scrappers. They quickly replied they would take back the 4 scrappers & replace them with new ones. They also asked for pics of the good pins so I would not receive duplicates. Very nice to know they stand behind their sales. Definitely a seller I would do business with again despite the scrappers.

I havent had time to go through all of the posts on this thread but I might have an eBay id to add to the pot. The guy (or girl) goes by the name of ygpins. I purchsed an order from them. I paid $30 for 50 pins. All were in individual plastic baggies. The emblems on the back are difficult to read. I gave this sellar a negative feedback and he said that these were 100% tradeable. He offered me my money back. Which I refused. He also said that he wanted to have me recind my negative feedback. I said NO WAY!!
According to his profile, he lives in Canada. The pins shipped directly from CHINA. Haven't decided what to do with these pins yet. Any suggestions?

I havent had time to go through all of the posts on this thread but I might have an eBay id to add to the pot. The guy (or girl) goes by the name of ygpins. I purchsed an order from them. I paid $30 for 50 pins. All were in individual plastic baggies. The emblems on the back are difficult to read. I gave this sellar a negative feedback and he said that these were 100% tradeable. He offered me my money back. Which I refused. He also said that he wanted to have me recind my negative feedback. I said NO WAY!!
According to his profile, he lives in Canada. The pins shipped directly from CHINA. Haven't decided what to do with these pins yet. Any suggestions?

I will leave the opinions on the pins to the experts on this thread, but to me it's sounds like they could be scrappers. I'm confused though if the seller offered you a refund why would you say no? If you don't want the pins & don't think they're tradable what other option do you really have except throw them away or get your money back? I understand you're trying to warn others about a bad seller & that's admirable but it seems to be at your own expense. I'm not sure what else the seller can do for you except offer you a refund which they did. I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience.

Sound a lot like scrappers. If you compare the logos on the back to other Disney pins you have, you can easily (sometimes not so easily) tell if they are scrappers.

I would have accepted the refund and either left neutral or negative feedback, depending on how much of a pain the seller was. For example, realfastpins called me a vulgar name in an eBay message, and I left negative feedback. She actually never shipped my item, so I used resolution center anyways.

The reason I didn't take a refund was because this guy would have just sold them to some person that didn't know about scrappers. They would have traded them and they would have ended up in circulation. I have found a way to get rid of them. A jeweler I know has a mold of tinker bell (officially licensed by Disney). We are going to melt down the pins and make them into 4 or 5 tinker bell trinkets that can be worn on neclaces or bracelets. And then we are going to donate them to UW Madison Juvenile Cancer ward. Worth the $30 I spent.

The reason I didn't take a refund was because this guy would have just sold them to some person that didn't know about scrappers. They would have traded them and they would have ended up in circulation. I have found a way to get rid of them. A jeweler I know has a mold of tinker bell (officially licensed by Disney). We are going to melt down the pins and make them into 4 or 5 tinker bell trinkets that can be worn on neclaces or bracelets. And then we are going to donate them to UW Madison Juvenile Cancer ward. Worth the $30 I spent.

Very nice idea! :thumbsup2:wizard:pixiedust::tink::tinker:

Kudos to you, GoofyRulez!!

I think it is very upstanding of you to take the loss! I, too, have gotten a lot of scrappers and I decided to break the post off the backs and glue a magnet on and use them as magnets. This makes them useful and out of circulation! Thanks for being a concerned collector!!

Okay, so realfastpins (not realfast) is watching this board. After calling me a vulgar statement, she messaged me on eBay calling me a liar because I didn't mention that I left negative feedback for her. So, to clear this up for you, realfastpins, I left negative feedback. She said her internet was out for 7 days, but that's no excuse for not shipping a pin within 2 WEEKS. Anyways, I believe she is the same as nannub/parrotsandpins because her email has nannub in it, so I wouldn't buy from her. DEFINITE red list.

Kudos to you, GoofyRulez!!

I think it is very upstanding of you to take the loss! I, too, have gotten a lot of scrappers and I decided to break the post off the backs and glue a magnet on and use them as magnets. This makes them useful and out of circulation! Thanks for being a concerned collector!!
Great idea as well!

My sister actually stole my pins from BBBC last year to keep, so that took care of the problem as well ;)

Good for you Goofyrulez. You've taken a bad situation & turned it into something good.

I hope you have better luck on ebay in the future with one of the green listed sellers from page 1.

Okay, so realfastpins (not realfast) is watching this board. After calling me a vulgar statement, she messaged me on eBay calling me a liar because I didn't mention that I left negative feedback for her. So, to clear this up for you, realfastpins, I left negative feedback. She said her internet was out for 7 days, but that's no excuse for not shipping a pin within 2 WEEKS. Anyways, I believe she is the same as nannub/parrotsandpins because her email has nannub in it, so I wouldn't buy from her. DEFINITE red list.

Wow, they have some interesting feedback. Reading it, I noticed some of them even warn people that they ship scrappers. If more E-Bay users start doing that, it might help curtail scrap selling compared to honest E-Bayers

Wow, they have some interesting feedback. Reading it, I noticed some of them even warn people that they ship scrappers. If more E-Bay users start doing that, it might help curtail scrap selling compared to honest E-Bayers

I saw that, and I am very happy. I couldn't, because I didn't get a pin from her. She said that she was going to ship it, but she saw this board so she figured that she would give me a refund, but the only reason she gave me a refund is because I used the resolution center. Her timeline just doesn't match up either with her "internet down"

Bought pins from a bad user according to the list here... unfortunately did not know they were bad until I found this page(what would I do w/o the boards?)
guess I'll be using these to hold up posters, I needed more thumbtacks anyway.

so, i just got 50 more pins from pinderella's castle....none are duplicates from what she sent before.....
there's a few (from both sets of 50) that i've seen as being out there as scrappers, but, they all look good to me....
am i missing something? are they really good scrappers? or are they actually legit ones? the backs look fine, the coloring is good on them, they seem a little light, but, i don't know if that's really a good indication of them....i have some i KNOW are real because we bought them and they seem kind of light and thin too....
out of the 100 i got from her, there's only 1 i can definitely tell is a scrapper- a minnie alarm clock....the mickey heads on the back have a border around them, and it looks like a pit/divot in the paint on the front....
other than that, i'm having a really hard time discerning whether or not they're legit....i'm leaning towards legit......
i mean, there's a chance that there are ones on "possible scrapper lists" that are actually real, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter