Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

I do have one question that maybe the members of this board can help me with. I won another item from parrotsandpins that I had bid on before this fiasco but ended on Monday. I am worried that if I pay for the item she will just keep my money and not ship the item. I cannot afford to throw money away. What should I do?

I would cancel my transaction...everything they sell in lots are scrappers anyway so your not missing out on much, however I doubt they would not send the merchandise...it's very easy to contact Paypal if you do not receive your item and they must show delivery confirmation to keep your payment...by the way "they" are not a he or she...it's a couple...he was the loser who set up camp outside the DTD Pin Store for years to prey on the poor traders and she mailed and packed the pins....I think their time is about up ...all their lots they are selling now are the scrappers he bought from China...they might have to go out and get real jobs now that Disney has put the brakes on their "business"......

Just curious, I see no mention of cfc93. I bought a lot of 100 pins and everyone was a scraper or as I would call them counterfit. This seller is selling several thousand pins a week. Beware.

I would cancel my transaction...everything they sell in lots are scrappers anyway so your not missing out on much, however I doubt they would not send the merchandise...it's very easy to contact Paypal if you do not receive your item and they must show delivery confirmation to keep your payment...by the way "they" are not a he or she...it's a couple...he was the loser who set up camp outside the DTD Pin Store for years to prey on the poor traders and she mailed and packed the pins....I think their time is about up ...all their lots they are selling now are the scrappers he bought from China...they might have to go out and get real jobs now that Disney has put the brakes on their "business"......

Thank you Tampa and Surfergirl for offering helpful advice. I would love to cancel the transaction. I went on eBay and cannot find out how to cancel the transaction except to contact the seller and request it be cancelled. I cringe :scared: at the thought of having to contact parrotsandpins. It would be just one more opportunity for him/her to insult me.

Do you know of any other way to cancel the transaction?

Are you guys serious? Do you think nannub is a guy? LOL its a woman number one! Number 2 you dont like their pins thats great but its out right slander to say all their pins are fake or knock offs. If you go through disney world right now all you see is crap pins... sellers from all over the country are slinging crappy pins. You follow their screen names with changes? Are you this lowly! I really dont care what you think about me but I atleast think the truth should come out. Nannub hasnt even traded pins since october. I know this because i have talked to her and she is getting out of her collection.... You need to relax because each and everyone of you knows that they buy cheap [pins. I do! I know that nannub supports over 50 sellers on ebay and the funny part is 13 of the green listed are her customers.

Interesting first post popcorn::

I thought it was funny....but like you guys said definetly interesting. I didn't realize there was one that was removed.

On another topic - I'm am still going back and forth on whether to "let" my daughter trade on our upcoming trip to DW. I haven't been there since Xmas 2008 and then it wasn't bad.

I meant to post awhile ago regarding our experience in DL with the pin trading - it wasn't bad at all but no where near the amount of CM's trading. My daughter only traded a few - the rest of the pins she purchased for keeps (we both LOVED the Jack Skellington ones). But what I did find interesting was one day we got to DL (not DCA) right at opening and stopped off at one of the sit down restaurants near the castle (I can't remember the name). Across the way at one of the outdoor food seating area's was about 2 or 3 very "squirrely" looking men who had tons of pin books out talking to others. Now I hope I don't offend anyone here as I doubt it was any of you folks but these guys looked like the "Pin sharks" they had at DD a few years ago.

I'm really surprised that the seller didn't cancel your bid, and block you. He/she has a history of doing that if you ask too many questions. I didn't even bid on anything, but I guess I questioned the authenticity of the pins and was told that he/she was banning me from bidding on their items. No worries for me!
I would go through ebay and just cancel it.

I could not figure out how to cancel without contacting parrotsandpins (nannub) so I contacted eBay. They requested I file a Seller Non-Performance complaint so they could investigate seller. Apparently what the seller did is a violation of eBay policy. eBay also recommended I pay for this last item. I think they wanted to see what the seller would do.

Well, she refunded the monies and refused to ship the item. It will be interesting to see what eBay does since they were following this.

Thank you all for your help.

I could not figure out how to cancel without contacting parrotsandpins (nannub) so I contacted eBay. They requested I file a Seller Non-Performance complaint so they could investigate seller. Apparently what the seller did is a violation of eBay policy. eBay also recommended I pay for this last item. I think they wanted to see what the seller would do.

Well, she refunded the monies and refused to ship the item. It will be interesting to see what eBay does since they were following this.

Thank you all for your help.

Well I hope that the seller gets in trouble. :laughing: You could always pay, and then immediately return the product? Or file a complaint through paypal.

We need to keep this cival and by the boards rules.

Sorry all, but looks like I inadvertently broke the rules :scared: (didn't know any different since I had seen links to ebay several times and thought by not posting links it was OK!) Not my intention at all....sorry!! :worship:

Sorry all, but looks like I inadvertently broke the rules :scared: (didn't know any different since I had seen links to ebay several times and thought by not posting links it was OK!) Not my intention at all....sorry!! :worship:

I didn't think you did anything wrong but again I don't know all the rules.

No need to be sorry....:thumbsup2

Did we ever figure out if there is something hinky going on with THEWILL. I have been eyeing a lot of their auctions lately looking for decent pins at good prices for trading fodder this October, but if he is messing the prices by shill bidding, maybe we should stay away from them

Did we ever figure out if there is something hinky going on with THEWILL. I have been eyeing a lot of their auctions lately looking for decent pins at good prices for trading fodder this October, but if he is messing the prices by shill bidding, maybe we should stay away from them

I don't know. I have bid on several of his pins and was never outbid. His prices are so low, that I think a lot of people have automatic bidding on them, and that would explain the automatic counter bid. I ended up going with his 100 pin lot and that was fantastic and cheaper than buying individual pins. He tossed in like, 5 extras, too.

TODAY I had the bright idea to buy pins for our trip at the end of May. I signed up, bid and won without doing any research, and only after that thought to check this board. (Very unlike me. I've spent all my time hanging out on creative disigns !)

Anyhoo, now I'm in the position of owing $30 to thinkerbelle102, a seller I see is questionable here.

Is there any way to cancel this transaction now ????

I'm sorry to be such a newbie. If someone can point me to some help, I would surely appreciate it. Maybe I will just have to eat crow this time and pay up...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter