Good airfare price out of Toronto

I'm usually a road warrior but we did find a great deal with Sunwing last summer. 352 PP taxes in. I have never flew from buffalo but I do have friends that swear by it. You need to have a cost that YOU feel is too much when saving money flying out of the USA. If you really want to fly on a budget try

http://www2.allegiantair.com/

Has anyone flew this this airline?

I think the cheapest I have gotten for Toronto is 375.

I always do Buffalo. I would sooner sit in my car for an extra hour than sit at the airport to save $600.

My husband and I flew allegiant air in October, $150.00 return for the 2 of us! You have to pay for baggage and seat selection, so that was another $70.00 but still very cheap! No frills air line!

We we were down there when hurricane Sandy was arriving, and on our way home flights were being cancelled everywhere! Our's was still scheduled to leave and I thought when we got to the airport it would be cancelled, but no we got on! Very bumpy ride home the flight attendants were even nervous, they thought they were going to be stranded in Niagara Falls, as they would cancel flight back.

You also have to factor in that you will need to rent a car as the airport is about 45 minutes from Disney, but very easy drive! Both airports are small and that makes it easier for baggage claim, plus the airport in Niagara is closer than buffalo!

Would use them again for that price!

We ALWAYS fly direct from Toronto. You couldn't pay me to drive all the way to Buffalo to save a hundred dollars. Our last three trips we have paid $1200 for three of us. We aim to be under $400 each and manage within $50 total. We just paid $1227 for the three of us in April via Air Canada. And three days later we could have saved $130 on the total because AC put them on sale.

How far out from vacation do you usually book flights to get those prices?

I think the cheapest I have gotten for Toronto is 375.

I always do Buffalo. I would sooner sit in my car for an extra hour than sit at the airport to save $600.

For sure. We were just looking at some Sept prices from Buffalo worked out to about $575 for 3 of us if we went mid week.

We're west end GTA as well so it's 40min to Pearson (plus parking time) or 90 min to Buffalo and we can shop on the way home :)

I guess "good" airfare out of Toronto is relative to what one is willing to pay and what kind of budget they have for their vacation.

Back in Jan. when we booked our flights & trip for next month, I knew Buffalo would be cheaper but I looked at Toronto too just to compare and tbh, it's way more convenient for me since I'm about 20 mins away.

Toronto came out to be over $1850 for my family of 4. Buffalo came out to be UNDER $800!!! Not to mention to cheap sleep/park/fly options as well as a little shopping on the way home :)

That $1000 saved goes a LOOONG way in our vacation budget :thumbsup2

We've flown out of both Buffalo and Toronto (we determine based not only on price but time of year...winter time is not the most fun to drive to Buffalo!).

It is pretty crazy how much cheaper it is. I'm going to Dallas for a long weekend trip in May. When I booked my flight a few months ago:

Roundtrip on Delta out of buffalo: $262
Roundtrip on Westjet/Air Canada out of Toronto: $688

That's not an insignificant amount, and worth the tank of gas to drive there and back!

If you keep your eyes open ...you can snag fares with AC for $300 give or take.

I have a couple booked at the moment that I paid just under and just over. One for May and one for November. Often Westjet match of course and then it's 1st bag free too.

I got the email last night as well about Jetblue extending their schedule tomorrow-also worth looking at!

We have flown out of buffalo twice now and both times have saved over $1000. It is definitely worth it and the airport is great and easy to get around.

My sister will be joining me in Disney World this summer. She is flying out of Toronto. She is wondering what a reasonable flight to Orlando should cost. Her travel dates are Aug. 24 -31. She has signed up for travel deals from West Jet, but is still unsure what a good price is. I fly out of Buffalo so I'm not familiar with Toronto airfares.

What do you think? Under $400? Or $500? With bags and all fees included? Is this reasonable? How much do you pay when flying Toronto to Orlando?

Thanks!

Hi....op here. :wave2:

Well my original post was over 4 months ago and my sister has been watching West Jet flights daily. She finally booked her flight today, direct flight, round trip, with good travel times for $687. The prices have gone up slowly, but steadily over the past few months. So no deal for her.

The good news is that her return flight went up tonight. If she had waited, she would be paying a total of $805 tonight. :scared1:

Hi....op here. :wave2:

Well my original post was over 4 months ago and my sister has been watching West Jet flights daily. She finally booked her flight today, direct flight, round trip, with good travel times for $687. The prices have gone up slowly, but steadily over the past few months. So no deal for her.

The good news is that her return flight went up tonight. If she had waited, she would be paying a total of $805 tonight. :scared1:

Its crazy right? We just booked on a whim for an october weekend trip. Got returns for wife and I for a total of $850 with Air Canada. Would have saved $200 going to buffalo but to maximize time at disney we are flying out thursday night after work. This will be the first time in years that we did YYZ-MCO!

Can't wait.

Its crazy right? We just booked on a whim for an october weekend trip. Got returns for wife and I for a total of $850 with Air Canada. Would have saved $200 going to buffalo but to maximize time at disney we are flying out thursday night after work. This will be the first time in years that we did YYZ-MCO!

Can't wait.

Crazy is right! With a family of four, I don't even look at the prices out of Toronto anymore. We book put of Buffalo as soon as dates are released.

BTW enjoy your trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter