Good airfare price out of Toronto

Disneylover99

DIS Veteran
My sister will be joining me in Disney World this summer. She is flying out of Toronto. She is wondering what a reasonable flight to Orlando should cost. Her travel dates are Aug. 24 -31. She has signed up for travel deals from West Jet, but is still unsure what a good price is. I fly out of Buffalo so I'm not familiar with Toronto airfares.

What do you think? Under $400? Or $500? With bags and all fees included? Is this reasonable? How much do you pay when flying Toronto to Orlando?

Thanks!

Can she fly out of Buffalo instead? It's usually much cheaper, around $300ish

We ALWAYS fly direct from Toronto. You couldn't pay me to drive all the way to Buffalo to save a hundred dollars. Our last three trips we have paid $1200 for three of us. We aim to be under $400 each and manage within $50 total. We just paid $1227 for the three of us in April via Air Canada. And three days later we could have saved $130 on the total because AC put them on sale.

We ALWAYS fly direct from Toronto. You couldn't pay me to drive all the way to Buffalo to save a hundred dollars. Our last three trips we have paid $1200 for three of us. We aim to be under $400 each and manage within $50 total. We just paid $1227 for the three of us in April via Air Canada. And three days later we could have saved $130 on the total because AC put them on sale.

You are way over paying at $1200.

We usually pay between $448 (cheapest paid April 2010) and $645 (Most expensive paid -Jan 2013) including tax, round trip, direct flight for the 3 of us to Fly from BUF-MCO. I just double checked our prices for our past 7 flights.. BUF-MCO..
We fly either Southwest or Air tran. And we travel frequently once or twice a year. Each trip I monitor prices from Hamilton, Toronto and Buffalo.

We have always found that it is half the price or more flying out of Buffalo.

I just checked Southwest...Mid April $662.10 for 3 people inclusive...round trip BUF-MCO! $565 cheaper then what you paid out of YYZ! More then $100 cheaper I'd say!

I'd reconsider checking prices out of BUF on future trips.
Buffallo airport is much smaller , and you can park right infront of the airport for a fraction of the price at YYZ

Off topic...I saw in your signature you have stayed and a returning to POR! How do you guys like POR? We love CBR but are trying POR on this upcoming trip! we are hoping we made a good choice.

You would save way more than $100 to fly out of Buffalo over Toronto. Even if you factor in gas and a hotel.

My sister will be joining me in Disney World this summer. She is flying out of Toronto. She is wondering what a reasonable flight to Orlando should cost. Her travel dates are Aug. 24 -31. She has signed up for travel deals from West Jet, but is still unsure what a good price is. I fly out of Buffalo so I'm not familiar with Toronto airfares.

What do you think? Under $400? Or $500? With bags and all fees included? Is this reasonable? How much do you pay when flying Toronto to Orlando?

Thanks!

Try Air Transat, not as fancy as WJ or AC, but most likely under $500. We have used them before to go to Disney.

I feel the opposite. We are paying $798 for the four of us to fly out of Buffalo roundtrip with direct flights. It would cost us at least $1600 to fly out of Toronto. Plus we don't have to be at the airport 3 hours early!

You could possibly get 320pp on delta with a connection (aim for Atlanta, avoid the 3 NY airports).

Direct on air Canada is about 425pp. Air transat and westjet are not usually any cheaper. If something comes up under 400, grab it right away. It doesn't get any cheaper. Sign up for air Canada emails and watch for a 20% off code (I think there's one now?)

You could possibly get 320pp on delta with a connection (aim for Atlanta, avoid the 3 NY airports).

Direct on air Canada is about 425pp. Air transat and westjet are not usually any cheaper. If something comes up under 400, grab it right away. It doesn't get any cheaper. Sign up for air Canada emails and watch for a 20% off code (I think there's one now?)

Thanks! I'll check this out!

I would not drive to buffalo for $100, but I'd walk to buffalo for $600. :rotfl2:

vacation_junkie said:
Off topic...I saw in your signature you have stayed and a returning to POR! How do you guys like POR? We love CBR but are trying POR on this upcoming trip! we are hoping we made a good choice.

We LOVE POR! We are staying there again in April and, honestly, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The whole resort was renovated last year. It has a wonderful old south, laid back vibe. And, we love to spend our free time at DTD so the boat is a huge bonus. Plus being able to walk to POFQ for the beignets is amazing!

Regarding the airfare, we always budget $1200 for our flights and as long as I can get airfare direct from Toronto for that, I will continue to pay that. And if you fly Air Canada, you only have to be there an hour before the flight leaves. Again...you couldn't pay me enough to drive to Buffalo. Not when I live 30 mins east of Toronto.

Regarding the airfare, we always budget $1200 for our flights and as long as I can get airfare direct from Toronto for that, I will continue to pay that. And if you fly Air Canada, you only have to be there an hour before the flight leaves. Again...you couldn't pay me enough to drive to Buffalo. Not when I live 30 mins east of Toronto.

Nothing wrong with paying for convenience. You just implied that people drive to buffalo to save $100 when in reality you can routinely fly out of buffalo at half the price of YYZ.

I would also caution advising people to arrive at YYZ an hour before there international flight. As per Air Canada you should be arriving no later then 90 min. At 60 min you risk leaving your bags behind.

Anyways, topic is flights out of YYZ and I would consider $400 for YYZ to MCO as being decent. I have taken advantage of seat sales and done it for $300 but that was years ago.

We LOVE POR! We are staying there again in April and, honestly, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The whole resort was renovated last year. It has a wonderful old south, laid back vibe. And, we love to spend our free time at DTD so the boat is a huge bonus. Plus being able to walk to POFQ for the beignets is amazing!

We LOVE CBR...but are hoping that we will like this change as well. We have 3 dinners in DTD so I think the boat may be a great option. Which section did you stay in?

vacation_junkie said:
We LOVE CBR...but are hoping that we will like this change as well. We have 3 dinners in DTD so I think the boat may be a great option. Which section did you stay in?

We stayed in the Mansions. I'd recommend Magnolia Terrace. It's not a "preferred" location, but it's close to everything. We are staying in a Royal Room this time, so we will lose a little convenience. I'm hoping for Oak Manor this time.

Mike2023 said:
Nothing wrong with paying for convenience. You just implied that people drive to buffalo to save $100 when in reality you can routinely fly out of buffalo at half the price of YYZ.

I would also caution advising people to arrive at YYZ an hour before there international flight. As per Air Canada you should be arriving no later then 90 min. At 60 min you risk leaving your bags behind.

I only stated the $100 because I actually know someone who drove to Buffalo to literally save $100...and her flight home wasn't direct. I found her a flight direct from Pearson and it included a hotel for only $100 more.

I suppose I should have prefaced my timing comment by saying we only fly with carryon bags. Hence why we don't need the extra time. My apologies!

I only stated the $100 because I actually know someone who drove to Buffalo to literally save $100...and her flight home wasn't direct. I found her a flight direct from Pearson and it included a hotel for only $100 more.

I suppose I should have prefaced my timing comment by saying we only fly with carryon bags. Hence why we don't need the extra time. My apologies!

I agree, for $100 I would fly out of YYZ as well. I also could not imagine flying non direct to Orlando. Any layover would likely be as long as the flight. :lmao:

Must be nice being able to do only carry-on. No way my wife could pack for a trip to Disney and carry-on. Heck, we are lucky to fit everything in one bag per person, and we always come back with more. :rotfl: That's another small advantage when flying MCO-BUF, you can check your bags at the hotel and not worry about them. Wish they would allow for it when flying to Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter