Gone But Not Forgotten – My Family's 10 Days of DDP (with Pictures!) - Updated 4/7

I've got a lot of pictures from Nov. '08 since I didn't do a review, so once in awhile I will share or compare. Last year my mom and stepdad came with us. I think they are still recovering. :lmao: However, we did a bit more adult beverage consumption on that trip.

At 'Ohanas my mom and I both had the Lapu Lapu. My stepdad had that beer in the blue bottle behind my drink.

1000844.jpg

This is a beautiful drink, but here are my thoughts on it.

1. It was $15.
2. I couldn't taste any alcohol.
3. It was $15 and I couldn't taste any alcohol? :confused3
4. Thank goodness my mom paid for it!

So, I didn't get one this year. ;)

DH had this.
1000841.jpg

Remember, those warm mini apple pies that they didn't have at Pizzafari this year? Here's what they look like. Although I have to say that chocolate mousse was really good!

1000611.jpg

Stay tuned for Day 2!

Checking In! Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews! Going in November :)

Ok I know where we were going now, Jiko for dinner and we were driving our own car and stopped to watch the torch lighting and as soon as they removed the ropes I was moving!

We were at Mama Melrose and ate early, around 4:15 so I bet we saw each other there too! LOL too funny!

Loving your reviews so far and great pics!

Nicki - We did have a 4:00 ressie, but Barbara was our server and we sat in a booth by the front wall. What's funny is that I had the shrimp pipette and DH had the sausage dish, and we had the calamari just like you guys. That salad you ordered looked wonderful! You'll have to see if we liked/disliked them as much as you! ;)

:thumbsup2 great reviews! cant wait to read more!
Thanks! I'm getting into the groove!

Signing on, great job!:thumbsup2
Welcome and thanks!

Checking In! Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews! Going in November :)
Welcome! The weather in 2009 was great except for one rainy day and the day after Thanksgiving when it got chilly. :upsidedow

FYI - Breakfast almost every day consisted of mini donut packs and an Adkins bar for me (gotta eat something healthy!).

This morning we were off to AM-EMH at MK. What isn’t there to love about morning EMH except for the early hour! We cruised through Fantasyland and over to BTMR before the park opened! After more rides and some snacks (reviews coming soon) we were ready for lunch!

COSMIC RAYS – 11:09 AM
We weren’t the first ones in here, but there were still plenty of tables – and small tables they were! I gave DS13 his card and told him to go order his own meal – parenting at it’s best! :upsidedow I did point out that they had his favorite drink and he understood what to do. He even remembered to tell me the total!

DS13 ordered the Double Bacon Cheeseburger with French fries, an Iced Mocha Cappuccino, and a chocolate cake. He added items from the topping bar and said "as good as always." DS13 + cheeseburger = :lovestruc ;)
Total for this meal was $16.37
1004068.jpg

I ordered the Turkey Bacon Wrap with homemade chips, Diet Coke and Carrot Cake. The wrap is actually 2 halves, but I had already eaten one when I remembered to take my picture. :blush: The wrap is pretty tasteless, but when you add mayo from the topping bar it wasn't bad. I talked my chip loving DS13 into trading his French fries for my chips and then loaded them with cheese sauce. :goodvibes Mmmmmmm. For dessert the cream cheese frosting was delicious and the cake wasn’t bad either! Total for this meal was $15.10
1003625_1.jpg

1003624_1.jpg

DH ordered the 1/2 Chicken and BBQ Rib Combination with mashed potatoes and green beans, an Iced Mocha Cappuccino and chocolate cake. This was so good! He ate it all. This is the first time he’s ever ordered it, I wonder if he’ll order it again later in the week??? Everything was good and gone! Total for this meal was $21.86.
1003622_1.jpg

DS7 ordered the kid’s chicken nugget plate with applesauce, a cookie and chocolat milk. I was surprised because he doesn’t order chicken nuggets often, but again this 7 year old ate it all. Sorry about the picture, but both boys wanted to take pictures of their own meals and it didn't always work that well. Total for the kid’s meal was approx $5.58.
1004066.jpg

4 CS used
Total for Cosmic Rays $58.91

Ready to Compare?

Here are pictures of last year's Chocolate and Carrot Cake.

1000782.jpg

1000780.jpg

They shrunk! :scared1: :rotfl:

My DH & I just love the rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Ray's and we normally don't like chicken anywhere. They have pleased us three trips running now!:thumbsup2

we usually eat at Cosmic Ray when we're at Mk, the food looks good.
I might try the ribs and chicken combo next time, the price usually puts me off but with the DDP it wont cost me any extra :thumbsup2
Thanks for the reviews, keep up the great work.

Oh did the carrot cake have raisins in? Im not a fan of them but love carrot cake. thanks :)

nice! i havent been to cosmic rays in a long time, we may stop by there next time and try that burger! :thumbsup2

My family does love Cosmic Ray's. The variety there can't be beat. I had really wanted the fried shrimp from Columbia Harbor House, but I couldn't talk anyone else into wanting it too. The boys liked fried shrimp, but no one was being swayed away from Cosmic Ray's! I still wish I had bought the shrimp and carried it over to Cosmic Rays or ordered the chicken and ribs combo instead of my two choices at Cosmic Ray's.

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews!!!!
Welcome & thanks!

we usually eat at Cosmic Ray when we're at Mk, the food looks good.
I might try the ribs and chicken combo next time, the price usually puts me off but with the DDP it wont cost me any extra :thumbsup2
Thanks for the reviews, keep up the great work.

Oh did the carrot cake have raisins in? Im not a fan of them but love carrot cake. thanks :)

You can't beat the combo on the DDP and it really is good! No, there aren't any raisins in the carrot cake. They aren't my favorite either.

nice! i havent been to cosmic rays in a long time, we may stop by there next time and try that burger! :thumbsup2

Wait until you see the picture of the burger in my next Cosmic Rays review. Even more delicious (at least to me!)

Glad you joined in!

I can't wait for the rest!

Let's hear it for Mom who lets her boys take pictures of their lunch! No perfection needed! :goodvibes

--pennyplanner

It was time to start using some snack credits!

We just had to get the Dole Whip Floats. I even remembered to take a picture before I ate half of it! I like these, but I every time I get one the pineapple juice isn’t cold. I would have enjoyed it more if it was cold juice but the pineapple soft serve was good. I think I'd try something different next time.
2 Snack credits used
Total cost covered by DDP was $8.50
1003628_1.jpg

We left MK after lunch and headed over to Blizzard Beach. This was our first visit to a Disney waterpark. What a cute place! DS7 needed to have one of these! I don’t think there’s anything more that needs to be said about the delicious premium mickey bar covered in chocolate.
1 Snack credit used
Cost covered by DDP $3.59
1003632_1.jpg

Tradition and our bellies dictated that we just had to have 2 cream cheese pretzels while waiting in line for the Monster’s Inc. Laugh Factory. We find that show extremely funny and DH got his picture up on the screen as one of the monsters.
2 Snack credits used
Cost covered by DDP $4.29 ea = $8.58

Yes, my first forgotten picture. :rolleyes1 Some things are just so good you can't remember anything else, but taking a bite. Sorry!

Last year we got this, and I still can't believe DS7 didn't ask for it this trip. I might get this instead of the Dole Whip float next time. It's priced right around $4 and a Snack Credit- what a bargain!

The creation of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich. :love: You can see on the tray the French Toast loaf I also ordered. Not as good as I had thought it would be. :upsidedow
1000905.jpg

The end product:
1000906.jpg

The enjoyment. We actually ended up cutting this into quarters and sharing it. You can't go wrong with cookies and ice cream!
1000907.jpg

I'll be back tonight to do Chef's Mickey's. Did we love it or hate it?????:goodvibes

Oh....what I wouldn't do for one of those chocolate chip cookie sandwiches right now. :worship:

Hi!:) I am really enjoying your trip review. The pictures of everything is making me want to be there. :thumbsup2 That ice cream sandwich is HUGE!! I know what we will be eating the next time as our snack.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter