"Golf Resort"

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by nutsforgolf, Jan 5, 2005.

1. nutsforgolf

nutsforgolf Nuts for Disney

Does anyone remember a disney resort named the "Golf Resort" or something to the affect. My parents took my to Disney back in the late 70's to one of three disney hotels...at that time there were only Poly, CR and one other.

Just trying to remember where we stayed...thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MAGGIED

MAGGIED DIS Veteran

It is now the Shades of Green and has been leased to the government for use by military, retired military and those who work for the military.. www.sog.org is the web site i think

4. sotoalf

sotoalf DIS Veteran

In an attempt to lure non-golfers, the Golf Resort changed its name and identity to the Disney Inn in 1986; it had a Snow White theme. We stayed there in 1992, and we loved it: the quietest deluxe resort on property. Not many amenities, just peace and quiet, which was lovely after a day at the parks. Its restaurant, the Garden Gallery, was a lovely place for dinner. We would walk to the Polynesian and take the monorail if we wanted something else.

I'd love to hear your Golf Resort memories!

5. Disney Fool

Disney Fool <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Golf Resort--Maine Lobster --only place listed on the Food and Fun cards where you could get it--1980 (ouch!)

6. FirstNo

FirstNo DIS Veteran

It hasn't been leased in years. SoG owns the buildings and Disney still owns the land; meaning any construction SoG would like to do must first be approved by Disney. :)

7. I do! I do!

We stayed there a couple of times and then once when it was the Disney Inn. :D