Golf cart or car?

Texas Barbie

Mouseketeer
We are planning to take our RV to Fort Wilderness for the first week of February. It was mentioned it would be a good idea to rent a golf cart, as we have no tow vehicle. I wonder if it would be a better idea to rent a car than a golf cart once we get there. This is our first time at FW. Anyone had experience with this type of thing?

We are planning to take our RV to Fort Wilderness for the first week of February. It was mentioned it would be a good idea to rent a golf cart, as we have no tow vehicle. I wonder if it would be a better idea to rent a car than a golf cart once we get there. This is our first time at FW. Anyone had experience with this type of thing?

It would depend on whether or not you want/need to drive anywhere outside of FW. You can only use the golf carts inside FW and the only car parking is either at your campsite, or outside the main entrance.

I have never stayed at FW, but love to camp and have checked out staying at FW.

Golf carts can be driven inside FW, cars can only be driven outside FW as far as getting around the Fort itself.

Check out the FW section of the Dis Boards for lots of golf cart tips and outside rental agencies that can save you big $$.

When we stay at FW, we will rent a cart, as I hear that it can be quite a walk to get to the park transportation and the internal bus system is a pain. I would rather drive my own cart to get to the pools, bus stop and to get food.

You may want to post on the camping thread, which has a lot of information regarding FW, as well as people who could give you some insight into whether you would be beneficial having a car.

It almost sounds as though both would be good, but I think we'll go with a golf cart, if car use is that limited in the resort. Thanks for your help, everyone! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter