Golden Corral

I used to go to Golden Corral much more frequently than I do now,as you get older you realize pigging out in a buffet is something you can only do every so often.When I go I only go for breakfast and overall it's fine,Golden Corral will never be high quality,healthy food,so every now and then I'm good with going to Golden Corral for breakfast,tons of choices for one price along with many items like chocolate milk that might cost you $3+ somewhere else.Cracker Barrel is another place I go to for breakfast,I like it but lately their portions have shrunk so just like Golden Corral I don't go as often.

Sorry I posted it on the wrong thread! Because we have been going to WDW for years and have eaten in so many of the restaurants at WDW, I wasn't thinking about the fact that it was off property. Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

I think it's funny that a thread about Golden Corral is already on Page 3. :rotfl2:

Golden Corral is definitely hit and miss. There is one in my hometown that's halfway decent, and another one that is horrible. I wouldn't make a special trip to a Golden Corral on vacation.

That said, we went to the Golden Corral near Celebration about two years ago. IMHO, it was above average....for a Golden Corral.

The best GC is on Hwy 50 in Clermont just off Hwy 27

Less touristy ...... much cleaner .... better food ... fewer kids ...... but further away to travel for some people

If an intact Golden Corral was dropped into Hollywood Studios, re-themed as Woody's Backyard Feast, and the price was doubled (maybe tripled) it would be hailed as the best food value in Disney World.

There would be threads about how the rolls are a 'must have' and comparisons between the chocolate fountain and zebra domes. Guess what, you can even get unlimited plastic cheese! :yay:

Is the food top tier? NO, but where else can I get all you can eat of an extensive fresh salad bar, steak, fish, chicken, about 5 counters of fresh sides, fresh made rolls, and unlimited deserts for the same price as a large combo at Wendy's? It is a great place to actually get a teenager full.

If an intact Golden Corral was dropped into Hollywood Studios, re-themed as Woody's Backyard Feast, and the price was doubled (maybe tripled) it would be hailed as the best food value in Disney World.

There would be threads about how the rolls are a 'must have' and comparisons between the chocolate fountain and zebra domes. Guess what, you can even get unlimited plastic cheese! :yay:

Is the food top tier? NO, but where else can I get all you can eat of an extensive fresh salad bar, steak, fish, chicken, about 5 counters of fresh sides, fresh made rolls, and unlimited deserts for the same price as a large combo at Wendy's? It is a great place to actually get a teenager full.

Nope, I would still call it terrible even if it were in any park at WDW. I also have a teenager and she won't step foot in either a Wendy's or a Golden Corral. When it comes to buffets she is like her dad, she prefers quality over quantity. I don't know if It is a result of her upbringing or that I have brainwashed her. LOL...Neither one of us are incorrect in our feelings about Golden Corral. I hate it you like it; it's just a difference of taste and likes

I just don't get all of the Golden Corral haters out there. It's a buffet, not fine dining. I am a bona fide foodie and I don't mind eating at GC on occasion. The salad bar at GC is fabulous. It is huge with excellent selections and most of the fruits and veggies are fresh with the exception of bagged lettuce. The dinner rolls with honey butter can't be beat and is better than the stale bread and butter found in a lot of other more pricey restaurants. No, the hot food isn't the greatest; but, it's not terrible either. It's about on the same level as most of your other chain restaurants like Appleby's or TGI Fridays. It's a great place to take kids who are picky eaters for a quick meal that isn't fast food. Quality of buffets can vary greatly from location to location and even day to day in the same restaurant; but, generally speaking it us usually pretty good if you aren't expecting Victoria & Albert.

I don't understand it either. It is a step up from fast food places and is priced accordingly, much better than any counter service place in Disney and at the same price. I don't Know what some people expect for $12.

Hate Golden Corral.
Been to a few as my in-laws like.
Each one is dirty, nasty food and I won't get started on the communal serving utensils.
I saw a kid drop a spoon, pick it up and put back in the food. I removed spoon. Told staff and they looked at me.
Food inedible and gross seeing people pile massive amounts of food on their plates and keep going up. These are typically the people who don't need to be eating like that.
I'm sure there are nicer ones, but I gave yet to see.

I'm in the bad experience camp. I have been to two different Golden Corral restaurants. Both were dirty. You get what you pay for so I didn't expect the food to be outstanding, but I have standards as far as cleanliness goes. Maybe some of the other restaurants are not bad, but I won't step foot in another to find out.

I don't understand it either. It is a step up from fast food places and is priced accordingly, much better than any counter service place in Disney and at the same price. I don't Know what some people expect for $12.

There are so many other restaurants that someone can get a good quality meal for $12 in Orlando. I eat out regularly and I rarely spend more than that.

When my dad and I visited US in 2011 from the UK we were on a shoe string budget and we actually ate here quite a few times. Maily because it was a good price and we could overload on vegetables... It seems when you're eating cheaply its really hard to get lots of veg in your meals.

However I wouldn't go here on a date lol!

We recently spent ten days in Orlando and we're a family of five (three teenagers!). We tried some restaurants that we hadn't been to in previous trips including Sweet Tomatoes. It is my new favorite. We went twice and I've been yearning for it since we've been home! It is a cafeteria style set-up (all you care to eat) but mostly salads galore and soups. There are baked potatoes with toppings plus different focaccia breads. There are delicious baked goods (corn bread, sour dough bread, muffins) and a soft-serve ice cream machine with sundae toppings. After too many greasy meals, this was refreshing and delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!