Going With The Flow - Day 9 - 29th July 2009

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
Morning/Afternoon

Last night we decided not to get up at 7 am and have a bit of a sleep in. We still woke up at 7 am but managed to doze till 9 am, nearly quarter to 10 and we are still in the room. We are just going with the flow today and trying for a more restful day, as we all felt quite tired yesterday.

Currently Ian and Gary still in bed and Craig in the bath. I haven't got a clue what we are doing today yet, just feel like a rest day today.

Thanks Mandy, we are having a late start this morning. None of us feel like hitting a theme park first thing so I think we are off for a casual wander round some shops for a change.

I think you desrve a rest day !! Hope u r now suitably chilled x x x

hope you've had a lovely day x

I feel super chilled now, we all just felt like we needed a break from the parks and from being out in the heat for a while.

We nipped up to Prime Outlets and on the way there, for those of you that collect Pandora charms, I spotted a jewellery shop that had a huge Pandora sign in the window. It is on the left hand side, last set of shops before the Prime Outlets. Kathyś Accessories, 5135 International Drive Suite 6. The shop was a proper jewellery shop and had attentive staff, a lot better than Polka Dotz. They had a larger selection too. So Claire I can imagine this shop has just gone on your itinerary for September.

We had a nice wander round Prime Outlets and Gary found a Converse shop and at last bought some new Converse shoes or Dr Who shoes as I call them. In fact he managed to buy 3 pairs for the price of one pair back in England.

We popped in the Pandora shop on the way back, I bought the Christmas tree charm and another green Murano glass one. We then went south on IDrive.

We headed into Privateś Cove golf course and had a very enjoyable round of mini golf. Both me and the lads got hole in ones and at the end Gary and Ian won with only a 2 point difference between me and Craig. I was well chuffed as I am the only non golfer in the family.

We then had lunch in Buffalo Wild Wings on IDrive. Gary had found this when visiting friends in Minneapolis a couple of years ago. It took a while to order as both Gary and Craig were trying to outbeat each other on the hotness of the sauces on the chicken wings. In the end Craig picked a hotter one than Gary much to Garyś dismay. Gary is the spice king in our family, he has hot sauces on anything and consequently needs to go hotter and hotter to taste the spice. The last time we went I picked a medium spiced one and couldn't eat it so this time picked the mildest one I could, I actually enjoyed the meal tons more than last year.

Next we went back up North IDrive to Books a Million but before that had the most boring time ever in TWO golf shops, I could have gone to sleep almost as bad as being taken to B&Q. At Books a Million I found 2 books by Ridley Pearson recommended by Kymie which are set in MK and AK, they are aimed at kids over 10 but I think I will enjoy them, as I am a big kid anyway.

We then hit Mall of Millenia as Craig had seen a shirt he was after. I nipped into Yankee Candle and had great fun smelling everything. Found a lovely, end of range, berry crumble jar that has real berries in, the berries stay and eventually you put a tea light in and can still enjoy the jar.

Now back at the room before we go and do something else.

Sounds like you're having a very fun day away from the parks. I know how you love Pandora bracelets, so I bet you loved finding the shop with the charms. Love all the pics you've been sharing and your updates. It gives me a little escapism from this dreary day here in Indiana. :)) Keep having fun and be safe!

We nipped up to Prime Outlets and on the way there, for those of you that collect Pandora charms, I spotted a jewellery shop that had a huge Pandora sign in the window. It is on the left hand side, last set of shops before the Prime Outlets. Kathyś Accessories, 5135 International Drive Suite 6.

Ok I got to here....then grabbed my notepad & wrote down the address.......

The shop was a proper jewellery shop and had attentive staff, a lot better than Polka Dotz. They had a larger selection too. So Claire I can imagine this shop has just gone on your itinerary for September.

....then I read the last of your sentence! :lmao::lmao::lmao: You know me too well Bev!

Glad you found the books you were after, what are they called? They sound interesting.

Sounds like a fab day, I love playing mini golf. I almost beat Lee in December which he was not amused about as he plays golf & I don't. :rotfl2:

Hope you had a great evening.

Sounds like a great day! I love the Kingdom Keepers series - I hope you enjoy them! :)

Glad you are enjoying escaping for a while Tammy. Are you having an holiday before October?

The books are the Kingdom Keepers series 1 and 2 by Ridley Pearson, they are aimed at kids over 10 so will suit me, and the first one set in MK the second in AK. I have not read them so don't know if they are any good but people have recommended them here.

We went to Sea World yesterday evening, catching the Clyde and Seymour show which takes the mickey out of all the other shows. The first time we saw it we thought it was very funny but didn't laugh that much yesterday because we knew what to expect but I recommend it if you have not seen it before. It was raining lightly when we left the show.

We went to see if we could get on the Manta, with it raining we thought we may have a chance but the wait time was 45 minutes so we didn't bother. We walked over to the Shamu stadium.

Again we prefer the Shamu Rocks show to the sugary sweet Believe show. As you can imagine there are some really catchy rock tunes played, against a light show and water fountains. The main stars are obviously the whales.

We thought we would grab a coffee from the counters underneath the stadium as we approached, there was a huge clap of thunder that was that sharp Ian and loads of people ducked right down. Ian thought he had been shot. The vibration knocked one of the glow sticks on a stall down to the ground and the whole area lit up.

There was a bit of doubt whether they would do the show or not because of the storm but thankfully they did. We very much enjoyed it. Again I recommend this show over the Believe one.

The rain though coming down a lot was not heavy, thankfully not as if someone was throwing buckets of water down. We headed to the nearest Subway but the server was so slow we left to go to another one nearer IDrive. The servers here were super fast, what a contrast.

B ack at the room we ate the subways, a late night by the time we were ready for bed.

Lovely pics Bev, glad you had a fun evening last night :thumbsup2

Thanks for the link for the Yankee Candles. I've registered, I just had to drop the 00 from the store number as it only accepted 3 digits - I look forward to spending my coupon at the Mall at Millenia store :)

I wonder what your plans are for today :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter