Going to VWL What is new or what should I know after 9 years?

deerh

DIS Veteran
Going to VWL in August with most of my Family.. What is new after 9 years? Have not been in many
years.. Staying in a 1 BR... Also.. What do Dis'ers think of Garden Grocer? Thinking about using them
for our stay...
THANKS!!!!

DeerH

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on Garden Grocer? Also... WHAT has changed in 9-10 years since we have been to VWL?? Anything...? Well.. BESIDES
the Villas being built? We were there before they were built...
THANKS!!!
Deerh

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on Garden Grocer? Also... WHAT has changed in 9-10 years since we have been to VWL?? Anything...? Well.. BESIDES
the Villas being built? We were there before they were built...
THANKS!!!
Deerh

The villas opened in November 2000, almost 15 years ago. Recent changes...new kiddie splash pad at the main Lodge, main pool was fenced, VWL had refurb last year.

RebelSoul..
Thanks! I guess my "time calculator" is off... LOL... I think it has been more than 15 years since we have been at VWL!!! WOW!
Thanks for the info.... Looking forward to 7 days, 6 nights at the "Lodge"....
One more question.. HOW is the food there? We are eating at Artist Point the first night there... What about the other places
on the property? Good/Bad/Ok????
Thanks!!

First thing is, I have used Garden Grocer and they are a pretty good deal. I have had only good experiences with them and Disney took care of my perishables when they arrived (even though I didn't order from Disney).

As far as food at Wilderness Lodge, I can speak to Whispering Canyon for breakfast and Artist Point Dinner. I ate at Whispering Canyon for breakfast last in December 2013. It was my 3rd experience and I really enjoy their breakfast skillet and bottomless milkshakes. Sure the milkshakes aren't the best ever, but they're still good and I like that they're bottomless. I experienced great and fun service. It's a louder restaurant with shenanigans involved, but if you know that going in, you can play along and have fun!

Artist Point, is by far, the BEST dinner I've had at WDW. The food was very flavorful and we had a top-notch waiter that was very attentive and met every request. It was a good and quiet dinner too, and one where we were able to slow down and enjoy the food after a lot of activity during the day in the parks.

We always use garden grocer when we don't drive. Never had an issue. Love the boat ride to MK a from WLV, and the buses were no problem. New...Movies on the beach and marshmallow roast every night. Dance parties/games at the main pool every afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter