Going to San Diego in few weeks, any recommends for DW and me?

Donald's Fan in PHX!

I love the classics...and Disneyland is at the top
Going to San Diego in few weeks, any recommends for DW and me? We have been to Sea World and will probably do that again. Does anyone know of any other ideas?

Going to San Diego in few weeks, any recommends for DW and me? We have been to Sea World and will probably do that again. Does anyone know of any other ideas?

There's a bunch to do in Diego besides Sea World. Have you considered any of these options?

1. Balboa Park (15 museums, plus lots of restaurants and other activities to do.)

2. San Diego Zoo (Gotta go see the best zoo in America)

3. The Gaslamp (Restaurants, Shopping, Clubs, it's all here)

4. Old Town (Shops, Restaurants, Historical Buildings, Trolley Rides)

5. Harbor Tour Of San Diego Bay (A bunch of different tours to choose from)

In addition to VegasMike's suggestions, consider the Wild Animal Park and the Old Town Trolley Tour, which is an informative way to see a lot of the sights of San Diego.

In addition to the above suggestions, the USS Midway is pretty fascinating. Also, a trip to check out the Hotel Del Coronado (you can go the beach there) is also worthwhile.

Awesome, thanks for all the ideas :) and yes, we are actually staying at the Hotel Del so we have the beach part covered...can't wait.

Which should I do, the San Diego ZOO or the Wild Animal Park? What are the main differences?

Which should I do, the San Diego ZOO or the Wild Animal Park? What are the main differences?

If you are only doing one, do the zoo.

The Wild Animal Park has many large animals in an huge, open enclosure, so giraffes mingle with ostriches and such, in addition to several smaller single-animal enclosures. It is in a very scenic, rural area, and covers a lot of acreage. The views are breathtaking, and there are some extremely rare animals there, like the most endangered rhinoceros in the world. They also have a very successful breeding program, and currently have baby giraffes, elephants, etc.

The WAP is a San Diego Zoo park, and the two share a website at sandiegozoo.org.

thanks...prob will just do one so the ZOO looks like it
If you are only doing one, do the zoo.

The Wild Animal Park has many large animals in an huge, open enclosure, so giraffes mingle with ostriches and such, in addition to several smaller single-animal enclosures. It is in a very scenic, rural area, and covers a lot of acreage. The views are breathtaking, and there are some extremely rare animals there, like the most endangered rhinoceros in the world. They also have a very successful breeding program, and currently have baby giraffes, elephants, etc.

The WAP is a San Diego Zoo park, and the two share a website at sandiegozoo.org.

Don't forget to visit Coronado Island. Do a walk through of the historic Hotel Del Coronado and spend some time on the beach. In my opinion, this is the nicest beach area in San Diego.

I sure will, I'm actually staying at the Hotel Del, I can't wait. I've seen it on the travel channel so many times.
Don't forget to visit Coronado Island. Do a walk through of the historic Hotel Del Coronado and spend some time on the beach. In my opinion, this is the nicest beach area in San Diego.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter