Going round in circles....

alibeau

DIS Veteran
I am looking at dates for our 2010 trip and we have to fit in with school holidays to some degree. Our eldest is five and we are 'happy' to take her out of school but would like to go for closer to three weeks than two and so we need to incorporate some school hols.....

Started off by looking at either Easter or May, flights are available around Easter with VA but prices are not as low as they could be due to demand. Also I am sure that the parks will be way too busy for us so I really need to rule Easter out. Not sure I can wait til May :confused3 which takes us back to Feb which is the month we went in this year...... the only reason I am slightly wary of going in Feb again is that we will be spending a lot more time in and around the pool and we were so lucky with the weather this year, temperatures were in the high twenties, we can't bank on getting that weather again :confused:

And then it seems silly to take DD out of school in Feb when she is off for two weeks at Easter :confused3 I'm driving myself batty!!!!!!!!

I think the conclusion has to be to stick with Feb, we love the crowd levels etc, flights are a better price and hope for lovely weather........

So one question, at the moment I am limiting myself to looking at flying VA. Are there any other airlines that fly from Manchester? we will only do direct flights but don't mind flying into Sanford or MCO but we would like to fly PE or possibly even UC again if DH gets his way..... I have flown to Sanford many years ago and can't remember if there are any car hire facilites on site or whether you have to get the bus to them?

Any thoughts on any of the above to save my sanity would be much appreciated :goodvibes

Ali :goodvibes

I believe Contintental fly from Manchester direct to Orlando. I may be wrong but I think they do.

Not sure about costs as we have only flown from MAN with VA.

Good Luck!

Can't help with the flights we are flying indirect from Manchester - prices are just so low - £316!:cool1:
We have been twice in Feb, in 2003 we had temps in the 80's - wow! but in 2006 we had temps from 55 - 70 , but we still used the pool alot and went to the water parks.
I would definitely choose Feb - low crowds, short queues and virtually no rain, the only reason we aren't doing Feb on our next trip is that our kids are now 14 and 16 and therefore much more restricted - school is so inconvenient!!:rotfl:

Re Sanford

I like this airport! It is very easy to navigate. The immigration is usually much faster too.

There are lots of car hire places onsite, we always use dollar.

Can't help with Feb or Manchester - we are summer Belfast people!!:)

Have a great time and try to enjoy your planning!:goodvibes

VA are the only scheduled carrier that go direct from Manchester. Manchester to Orlando with Continental is indirect, changing at Newark. Adds a few hours on but worth it for the usually lower price and flexibility (we don't tend to fly in and out of the same airport anymore) for us :) If your trip is a standard 1 or 2 weeks (I think some offer 3 weeks if you phone) duration then you may be able to get flight-only cheaper than VA with one of charter carriers :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter