Gluten free snacks

cinderwannabe

Mouseketeer
This is the first time that i will be visiting wdw since being gluten free. I am pretty confident on actual meal times. I am curious about snacking though! I was going to go to babycakes in dtd but i found out it closed. I know that there is a cart in ak that caters to allergies. Can anybody recommend other places in the parks/resorts that have good snacks? I also heard that POFQ sells gf benets (sp)... does this take advanced notice?

The popcorn is safe as well as the cinamon glazed nuts. You can get Babycakes at a few other places. The Boardwalk Bakery sells a 4-pack of mini cupcakes. We always get DD a donut at the cart in AK. Mickey bars are safe too. You should have plenty of options. Enjoy! Oh and one of DD's must haves is a caramel apple from the Werthers place in Germany. The caramel they put on the apples is safe. It may say it is produced in a facility.... My DD doesn't have problems with items made in the same facility.

Oh the four pack of mini cupcakes sounds nice!! Don't mean to push my way into your thread, but I am also going to WDW fir the first time gluten free. I am hoping to find some snacks. I do love ice cream so that's always good!!

Happy Eating and
Enjoy The Magic!!

I was at WDW in November after being recently told that I had to go gluten free by my doctor. I didn't have any shortage of snacks that I could have and the dining locations were so helpful when I explained my condition.

I enjoyed the GF donut by babycakes at AK and a mickey bar in Epcot. I also enjoyed a dole whip in MK - all GF! I also recommend the Turkey Leg at Gaston's Tavern, GF too!

You can get the babycakes 4 pack at the AoA food court. They also have them at Beach Club. The allergy kiosk in AK should have them, too.

We did find an allergey free area in Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, too (besides the cart at AK). In hollywood studios, we found gluten free Mickey shaped macaroons at the Writer's Shop, but they were not wrapped and surely would have cross contamination.

One of my favorite GF snacks are the OMG cookies and brownies. The cookies are big enough for two portions and I always make sure to take some home with me. I was at WDW earlier this month, and Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom and Starlight Cafe at the Magic Kingdom both have these. You could also ask a chef at a table-service restaurant for a brownie sundae with the OMG brownie. I had this at the Magic Kingdom's Plaza Restaurant, and it was really, really good! (Note that the brownie has dairy in it, but the cookie does not.)

Check the ingredients, but you should also be able to have Rice Krispy treats. These come in all sorts of varieties, mostly Mickey-shaped. Again, I make it a point to bring some of these home with me too.

I hope that helps!
Robert

Check the ingredients, but you should also be able to have Rice Krispy treats. These come in all sorts of varieties, mostly Mickey-shaped. Again, I make it a point to bring some of these home with me too.

Last I saw these had malt in them which makes them not GF.

What about the caramel corn at Germany and the prepackaged? Specifically if it is wheat free/ GF. Any know? Thanks.

What about the caramel corn at Germany and the prepackaged? Specifically if it is wheat free/ GF. Any know? Thanks.

My GF daughter and I walked World Showcase on Wednesday. Two cast members in Germany said none of their items (including the popcorn) were gluten free. Not sure if this was due to ingredients or cross contamination but many of the items mentioned being processed on equipment with wheat.

I second the OMG chocolate chip cookies. They are my favorite. Pretty much every QS location we asked about them had them available. They just aren't on a menu so they have to call the chef or manager to get them for me each time.

My GF daughter and I walked World Showcase on Wednesday. Two cast members in Germany said none of their items (including the popcorn) were gluten free. Not sure if this was due to ingredients or cross contamination but many of the items mentioned being processed on equipment with wheat.

One of the stores in Germany sells paprika flavored potato chips that are GF. I just wish they were also DF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter