Gluten free products at Ocean State Job Lot

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by 1308Miles, Feb 13, 2011.

1. 1308Miles

1308Miles Mouseketeer

Hi everyone...

We just started our DS5 on a gluten free diet to try to alleviate some of his inattentive behaviors. Finding gluten free products is quite an ordeal here in CT but my mother told me that she happened to be shopping at Ocean State Job lot and came across TONS of gluten free products...all at a fraction of the retail price! I stopped by the next day and found a wall full of Bob's Red Mill products as well as Blue Diamond almond crackers, rice cakes, & Sam Mills pasta. I just baked a batch of Bob's Red Mill brownies and...holy cow...I would never have guessed they were GF. My DS, DH, and DD gobbled them up and had no idea. Amazing. :lovestruc

Just wanted to share in case anyone was looking for inexpensive gluten free goodies! :goodvibes

2. David W

David W Earning My Ears

Caught your post on inexpensive gluten free products at Ocean State Job Lot; a bunch of us here at Job Lot have GF food requirements, as do a large number of our customers...so the Job Lot owners brought in a full line of Bob's Red Mill products, much of it GF. And, not wanting to taking advantage of folks with dietary needs / preferences Job Lot owners consciously decided to price all BRM products WELL below other retailers -- that's the kind of people they are. Can't thank them enough.