Gluten Free Dining at the Disneyland Resort: A Superthread

I am still around, but unsure how best to maintain it. There are no longer sheets offered by Disney, but they do give people a sense of what is available.

Maybe I could comb through the reviews and posts and try to give a condensed version in the first post? I could work on that if people think it would be helpful. :D
Maybe links to pages when someone gives specific info like what they ordered at a certain places or modifications they requested?

Maybe links to pages when someone gives specific info like what they ordered at a certain places or modifications they requested?
Also this thread starts in 2013. I don't know how many changes there have been, I have read through the whole thread. While some posts mention items that they ate, a lot just mention the place. Items that were great with pictures would be nice too.

Has anyone with Celiac had the Lobster Nachos?

The last time I inquired about the lobster nachos, I was told that the nachos themselves are GF, but the chips are not fried in a dedicated fryer.

Chili

Are the chilis at the bakery or cozy cones gluten free if ordered with the bread on the side? My husband can handle slight contamination and loves chili. My kids would eat his bread separately.

Arch, you're just Grand!

This thread has always been so helpful. Even the earlier posts can give you ideas or a 'lead' on a new place or a new food to try (subject to verification by the eatery, of course).

Someone above mentioned the lobster nachos. They'd be a no-go for me due to the XC chips. But I wonder if they'd just put the 'fixings' on a plate and let me bring in my own chips to dip.

Arch, you're just Grand!

This thread has always been so helpful. Even the earlier posts can give you ideas or a 'lead' on a new place or a new food to try (subject to verification by the eatery, of course).

Someone above mentioned the lobster nachos. They'd be a no-go for me due to the XC chips. But I wonder if they'd just put the 'fixings' on a plate and let me bring in my own chips to dip.
great idea!!

Just wanted to note that a friend of mine had the GF offerings for the afternoon tea at S55 (I had the regular tea). She said that everything was very tasty and the scone was downright delicious. The server was terrific about getting my friend separate spreads and jams so that she wouldn't have to worry about cross contamination from other people's utensils.

That's good to know, lucky! It's a bit pricy for me, but if I ever want to indulge it's good to know the food is good. But just not sure if it's $50.00 good.

To be honest, we found it to be overpriced based on the food alone. (We do afternoon tea often, so I'm comparing DLR's version to other places in L.A./OC.) But for the location and the atmosphere, I can understand Disney's pricing. The service was very good, too, although I've read about people who didn't receive top notch service like we did. What made this experience worth the price was how well my GF friend was treated and how much she enjoyed her food.

We got back yesterday and I will try to post more later, but I wanted to put on here that I strongly recommend not going to Wine County Trattoria. My DW has celiac and a lactose and soy intolerance. No chef came out (we should have asked, but selections were listed and the server seemed to know what he was doing). Her dish was delivered on the same tray as ours making cross contamination from the server's hands alone a concern, there was pieces of grated cheese on the rim of her dish which she picked off, while part way through her dish with ziti, she found a piece of spaghetti at the bottom. That ended her meal and was very upsetting. I had told the server, when he could be found, about the cheese, and when he came back I immediately asked to speak to a manager.

This level of service and food is very unacceptable and could easily have made her very sick. He talked to the chef and they were pretty sure the spaghetti was GF, but had no explanation for the cheese or other procedures.

I've been trying to save these as I've found them in the different groups I'm in. They are fairly current, within the last 6 months. A good starting point, but at least we know we can ask for an allergy menu and they may have one. As always, check before you order as suppliers and processes change.

If I shouldn't post these because I didn't take them, let me know and I'll delete them.

Attachments

• galactic grill.jpg
    galactic grill.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 68
  • pacific wharf.jpg
    pacific wharf.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 73
  • plaza inn.jpg
    plaza inn.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 78
  • storytellers.jpg
    storytellers.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 66
  • garden grill.jpg
    garden grill.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 60
  • smokejumpers.jpg
    smokejumpers.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 69
hanna-nana, thanks for the menus! Having an idea of what may be available really helps in deciding where to go. For instance, we will not be going to the Pacific Wharf for a g-f lunch :smooth: !

hanna-nana, thanks for the menus! Having an idea of what may be available really helps in deciding where to go. For instance, we will not be going to the Pacific Wharf for a g-f lunch :smooth: !

It says 'please see trained CM to place your order'. I'll bet they have other things besides dessert. Maybe they have a changeable menu or make up things 'on the fly'.

Anybody had any decent gluten-free pizza at or near the park? I see Pizza Press does a GF pizza.

Anybody had any decent gluten-free pizza at or near the park? I see Pizza Press does a GF pizza.

You're kidding me! We always smell that pizza on our way back to HoJo and think it would be really good. Then DW gets diagnosed in December and we're thinking that place would be out forever. Now I'm excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter