Gluten-free by choice

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by drischar, Mar 26, 2013.

1. HiYaPal

HiYaPal Mouseketeer

Keep in mind that many soups start with a roux made of flour and that many sauteed veggies (and sometimes tofu) are marinated or cooked in soy sauce which is usually not gluten free unless you specifically get gluten free soy sauce. French fries and other fried foods may or may not be gluten free depending on whether they are coated in flour or if the fryer used is a dedicated fryer. There is so much to learn!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneydork3

disneydork3 Obsessed with Disney

I agree HiYaPal. There is so much to learn. Some days are good some days are bad. I feel like I'm always checking labels and asking for ingredients. I will be so happy to be onboard and not worry about it. It can be exhausting but I am completely better without gluten. I've been gf for 3 months and when I have cheated, there is no denying that my pain and suffering comes back. I've noted it on both of my upcoming cruises so I know they won't run out because of me!

4. maria-fan-22

maria-fan-22 DIS Veteran

Another vote to note it on your reservation. Even though you know what you can order, they need to know to stock the right amount of food.