Gluten free breakfast at CRT?

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by maddiebee, Apr 29, 2013.

1. maddiebee

maddiebee DIS Veteran

I've heard some really disappointing things about the gluten free options at Cinderellas Royal Table, specifically in regards to the waffles. Does anyone know if they are offering any better options yet? Why don't they offer the gluten free Mickey waffles that seem to be at so many other places?

2. Chelley00

Chelley00 DIS Veteran

We were there in October (there's a review linked below in my dining report) They offered me waffles, which I assumed would have been Mickey waffles like I got at 1900 Park Fare, only they instead brought me Vans waffles. I think they are nasty and don't eat them at home, so I was very disappointed that's what I paid all that money to eat.

3. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

I haven't heard anything about changes to the waffles at CRT. We don't do many breakfasts because of lack of options with our particular list of allergies but one thing for certain is that when we do, we eat somewhere that can make fresh waffles or pancakes for us. I do not pay these kinds of TS prices for frozen waffles that I can buy at home for under $3 for a box of a half dozen. We don't do breakfast at Akershus either for that reason.

As to the why, it's something we can only guess at. I think CRT and Akershus are the only in park restaurants that have such limited breakfast menus so I'm guessing it has to do with kitchen space for the dedicated allergy waffle makers, but that's 100% speculation on my part. I'm probably over thinking this and it's entirely about money.