Glow with the Show coming to Walt Disney World

Can I just say....I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!? I've watched numerous videos on DL's World of Color with the Glow with the Show ears and have been so jealous.

I believe the ears are $25 at DL.

Or if it means that the rumors of Osbourne moving over to the World Showcase have some credibility. Maybe they'll use this year to test it, plus that would be great marketing and promotion of "Last Year at Hollywood Studios, plus added interactivity!"

Will these new ears "glow" at home or at the park only? I think I could see the cost being worth it if they glow at home too. If not, then although neat I think the price is too high.

Will these new ears "glow" at home or at the park only? I think I could see the cost being worth it if they glow at home too. If not, then although neat I think the price is too high.

I'm questioning the same. I am so wanting these but if they only glow during the shows and don't have any function outside of, not sure if I will get them.
But sooooooo love the idea. Watched a video and it was so cool.

I'm questioning the same. I am so wanting these but if they only glow during the shows and don't have any function outside of, not sure if I will get them.
But sooooooo love the idea. Watched a video and it was so cool.

The DLR ones glow at home as well... it is amazing to see them in action at WOC!!

ETA: what I am wondering is if they will be on sale before Oct 15th?? Of course they decide to debut them the day we are leaving!! :/

We were in DLR this past June and bought each of our girls the glow with the show ears (I think they were right around the $25 range) and they loved them. I wonder if the ones from DLR would work in WDW? Unfortunately we will already be home by the time this rolls out, but it will be great to know for our next trip in 2014.

I wonder if the ones from DLR would work in WDW? Unfortunately we will already be home by the time this rolls out, but it will be great to know for our next trip in 2014.

According to the article, they will work for both parks...:thumbsup2

So, if you are playing your Disney Parks music CD at home they would reenact the light show?! :rotfl2: How cool would that be!

This is awesome! We will be at DHS on the 15th when they debut. I hope they have enough and don't sell out! Is there a way to preorder them before the trip?

awesome now I can have a radio sitting on my head so that my hat can talk to disneys computer. Prepare for some electromagnetic waves brain, they are coming your way!

I am so excited about these! Yes, Disney will be getting a nice sum of $25 per hat out of us but these, to me, are worth it! I'm sure I seen a video where someone said they last about 8 hours but you can replace the batteries so they can be brought back year after year, an investment I'd say! :rotfl:

I am so excited about these! Yes, Disney will be getting a nice sum of $25 per hat out of us but these, to me, are worth it! I'm sure I seen a video where someone said they last about 8 hours but you can replace the batteries so they can be brought back year after year, an investment I'd say! :rotfl:

Indeed. I would hope the lights inside are LED. If the batteries can be replaced with rechargeables, that'd be perfect.

I bought the Glow with Show hats in Disneyland early this year. All the hats will sync up to the show. It is quite amazing to see all the Glow with Show hats change color at the same time. When you are not near a show the hats will change colors randomly. My family wore them for 4th of July at home and recieved lots of comments how neat they are. Here is a tip I received from a cast memeber. Take the batteries out when not using the hat. Batteries will lose their charge very fast. The batteries should last the length of your trip but when you get home take the batteries out.
:mickeyjum

How exciting! That is our DHS day! Hopefully it doesn't crowd things up even more... And I'm also wondering how many they will have? Selling out before we grab ours would be upsetting! Either way as a first time visitor, I'm happy about being present for something new!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter