Glow With the Show - CM confusion and rude guests

:lmao: I'm laughing because you are just stating the obvious. I'm just worried that if Disney gets wind of this we may have to contend with more expensive ones with over-hanging rear view mirrors dangling over the front :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Now that, I might shell out the money for!

We saw these in action at Fantasmic last Friday. The idea of them is cute and it is neat to see all the colors light up during the show. There were tons of hats on that night. My only issue is the strobe effect. It is VERY annoying, bright, and distracting. I had a kid sitting right in front of me during the show and when the hat when into strobe I couldn't even see the show and actually saw phantom lights in my eyes for a minute after they went off. LOL That effect was that bad.
I am sure these will go the same way My Pal Mickey, and those "special" pins that used to light up on certain attractions went bye bye after a time. Good riddance! LOL

I got excited when I saw the video for the World of Color at the DLR and wanted a pair after that... but hearing that not that many people own/ are wearing them the excitement is fading fast.

Would much rather just enjoy the show and save the $25.

I think A LOT of the success at DL was they had a AP event where they handed out FREE GWTS ears..

This insured when those AP holder returned they might bring the ears..
We were in DL sept. 2012 people were buying them left and right!

Two difference tho:
At DL the CM are VERY well informed! And boy do they sell you on them

Also these were everywhere! On carts, in store windows, cast members walking around selling them..

And with all the people wearing them, DD just had to have one!

My DS goes nuts for anything that glows so I'm getting this for Fantasmic on our trip in Nov. He'll likely take them off during the show though to watch them.

Question - do they light up at all outside the shows?

My DS goes nuts for anything that glows so I'm getting this for Fantasmic on our trip in Nov. He'll likely take them off during the show though to watch them.

Yup! The blink different colors lights..

Both of my parents and myself bought a set for all of us. We also attended the Tuesday night showing of Fantasmic, which was also the premier. Disney gave hats to the dinner package section for free (which caused a LOT of drama), but a majority of the crowd had them as well (I'm assuming they purchased them, but you never know). I admit, it is kind of weird to know they're working but not be able to see them. And I was very grateful that I'd seen the show before, because I spent a good portion of it watching the crowd and the effects instead.

That being said, I do think I'll take them back with me in December for the Osborn lights, which they are supposed to sync with as well. However, I do think I'll most likely hold them so that I'm able to see the lights. If I go to Fantasmic, I'll most likely wear them just because I'll know what they're doing.

I have to say, I haven't seen these hats, but I can see how they would be distracting to other people.

There's no excuse for the rudeness the OP reported, but I would hate having one of those hats around, too. The only thing I think they'd work with for me is the Osbourne lights; everything else I think they'd be an irritating distraction, like trying to watch the fireworks while the water parade is going on (which I have done, and found frustrating).

This pic is from the first Fantasmic that featured glow ears:

6707e717966d03dce38a3c272c8a5928_zpse5a53c8f.jpg

I think they are a cute idea, but are actually very distracting and too expensive. I won't be getting them, and I hope they don't last long.

We won't buy or wear the hats, but ds has seizures so we avoid strobe lights

Does anyone know how I could get some of these to give for Christmas presents? Surprising kids with a trip as part of Christmas.
Thanks.

:wave2: Steph.

Having people use iPads to take pictures and videos is bad enough; this is too much like a sea of iPad screens, way too distracting for me. I hope they are a quickly passing fancy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter