Glow sticks?

W21981Brick

Mouseketeer
Soon will be our first trip w/ DS he will be 4. I have all the new plane ride toys, new Mac stroller, quarters in M&M tubes, shown him pics of mom and dad w/ Mickey and Minnie on earlier trips. Now I'm wondering what are the glow sticks used for?
Do you use them for dark rides?
Planning our first "Disney family trip" has been so new and fun, I love these boards and all the great info I have read in the past few months.
Now what do we use glow sticks for? someone please?:rolleyes:
Can I get them at the parks?

Yes you can get them at the parks but they will cost you a lot more. At every evening activity the CMs will walk around selling these and other light up toys. It is very hard to say no. We buy glow bracelets and glow sticks at the dollar store and then my kids can play with as many as they want and my wallet isn't in pain. We also usually take enough so we can pass them out to the kids around us as well.

The glow sticks are for at night. CM's will be selling them all over the place and it's much cheaper to buy them at home and bring them than to buy them at the park.

I purchased online. There are many stores, but I used illuminationz.com. 100 glow bracelets (which can link together to form necklaces) for $6 - 6 cents each! Of course shipping was $6 also, so I was forced to throw in 50 large glowsticks for $15.

This is much cheaper than buying in the parks, and I can't wait to surprise some child who's tired and cranky while waiting for fireworks.

Here is another idea -

We went to lunch at the SCi-Fi in MGM and the kids ordered the drinks with the light up ice-cubes. The ice cubes are really neat because they can be turned on and off! We used the ice-cubes ALL week. The kids used them at Fantasmic and Wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter