Glasses and bags on rides

I wear glasses, and since I only have one pair I NEVER wear them on thrill rides. I will not risk losing them. Normally when I go on thrill rides I put them in a glasses case, which then goes inside a drawstring backpack. I either bring the back pack on the ride with me (if possible) or leave it with someone or in a bin/locker outside the ride. However, I've read that the queues for the Harry Potter rides are entertaining on their own. I would like to be able to wear my glasses while in line in order to see everything. I would still need to take them off before I board the ride though. Would there be a place to store my bag with me or before I board but AFTER going through the queue? I will be doing child swap with my husband and baby. Would they be going through the line with me (and then able to hold my bag), or will they be waiting outside? Or do you have other ideas for safely keeping a glasses case by itself with me on the ride? If none if this works I will just forgo clear vision for the queue. I can see enough to get around but not to see details. Thanks!

Yes, all of you go through the que. When it's time to ride your husband and child will go into the child swap area and he can hold your glasses etc..

DD cannot see without her glasses. She wears a sports strap on her glasses on ALL rides. Never had a problem.

Thanks! I will get some straps for tamer thrill rides but still will not risk it on roller coasters. It's just not worth it. I'll have my husband hold the bag when we do child swap. I'll make do otherwise.

I wore my glasses with a strap on everything....including hulk, rip ride rockit, and the dragon challenge. Never thought for a moment they would go anywhere. I even rode mummy and dragon challenge once without the strap at all and there were no issues.
Also, depending on your vision, you'll mis a lot on mummy, gringots, and forbidden journey if you can't wear the glasses.

I wore my glasses with a strap on everything....including hulk, rip ride rockit, and the dragon challenge. Never thought for a moment they would go anywhere. I even rode mummy and dragon challenge once without the strap at all and there were no issues.
Also, depending on your vision, you'll mis a lot on mummy, gringots, and forbidden journey if you can't wear the glasses.

This is why my daughter wears the sports strap, so she can keep her glasses. Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to see anything and she'd lose out on so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!