Glamping with Grandparents an Oct 16 PTR * 10/4 update

Where should we go for departure day breakfast (not in a park)?

• 1900 PF

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • The Wave

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Trail's End

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Somewhere else ....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haha! My DH would probably say the same things. Now, he just directs all questions towards me. He figures if I don't know the answer, I know where to find it!

We tweaked a couple of our ADRs already too. I would imagine it will happen at least once more before it's all said & done.

Good luck on your FP day! Ours is Saturday and it's the first time we've ever booked them. Should be interesting!

:tigger:****** 60 days!!! *******

Booked us some FP today and was pretty successful! I even got FEA, which I was not planning on.

10/21 Friday – surprise reveal, dinner, scavenger hunt, Disney dessert, go over itinerary

10/22 Saturday – M&W Anniversary and travel day
  • Arrive WDW, check in, get golf cart
  • Dinner 6:40pmWhispering Canyon
  • Go to Publix for groceries
10/23 SundayAK
  • FP: Kilimanjaro, Kali, EE
  • 11:30 Flights of Wonder show
  • LunchFlame Tree BBQ
  • Dinner 5:45pm – Yak & Yeti
  • Dinosaur, It’s Tough to Be a Bug, Jungle Trek
  • 7:30pm - PM show at Tree of Life?
10/24 MondayEpcot
  • RD Test Track
  • FP: Mission, SE, FEA
  • Ride Sum of All Thrills, check out Mouse Gear, Club Cool, meet Joy & Sadness
  • LunchSunshine Seasons
  • Visa M&G w/ Mickey
  • Living with the Land, Soarin’, Living Seas, Figment, re-ride things
  • Dinner 5:45pm The Wave
10/25 TuesdayMNSSHP
  • Afternoon Tea 12:35pmGrand Floridian – me & MIL only :hug:
  • FP: 7DMT and Space Mtn
  • Dinner 6:15pm – Crystal Palace
  • 8:15pm Boo To You parade
  • Pirates, Jungle Cruise, HM magic pics/M&G, IASW, Peter Pan, etc.
  • 10pm Hallo Wishes
  • Trick or treat, ride rides
10/26 Wednesday Epcot
Sleep in after late night at MK
  • Japan pick a pearl, Remy’s hide & squeak scavenger hunt
  • Lunch/Snacks at F&W carts or QS
  • Check wait times for Soarin’ and Test Track
  • FP: Mission, LwtL and Soarin'
  • Dinner 5:45pm – La Hacienda de San Angel
  • 9pm Illuminations
10/27 ThursdayHS
  • Breakfast at Starring Rolls
  • Jedi Training sign-ups ?
  • RD Rock n Rollercoaster
  • FP: ToT, TSMM and Star Tours
  • Lunch 11:10am50’s Prime Time
  • Star Wars Launch Bay M&G w/ Chewy and Kylo Ren/Chase M&G w/ Kylo, watch becoming a Jedi movie at Sounds Dangerous studio
  • Dinner 5:15pm – Sci Fi
  • 7:30/8pm Star Wars show at Great Movie Ride, in front of pillars
10/28 Friday - MK (AM EMH on a party day) - my first experience with EMH :confused: no idea what to expect with it being a party day (historically lower attendance) AND EMH (historically higher attendance).
  • Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash Mtn, Haunted Mansion
  • Gonna need a mickey pretzel or a cinnamon bun from Gaston's.
  • FP: Peter Pan, 7DMT and Space Mtn.
  • Lunch 1:40pm – Be Our Guest
  • It’s a Small World, Little Mermaid
  • Dumbo, Barnstormer, Tea Party, Indy Speedway, PeopleWatcher, Buzz
  • Dinner 6:50pm O’hana
  • 10pm Hallo Wishes from Poly beach or MK transit center?
10/29 Saturday
  • Brunch 8:50am – Trail’s End
  • Check out of FW and return golf cart by 11am.
  • :sad: on the way home
I've made a LOT of changes over the last few months but I think this is as close to final as it will get. I have all the ADRs and FP I want and if anything else comes up, then we'll go with it.

60 days! :banana:

Your itinerary looks great! On our last trip, I actually preferred the french fries that they served at lunch time at BOG over the ones they served at dinner. I'm not sure if that will change before you get there or not.

I hope you do a trip report once you return, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the cabins at FW! Also, I have ADR's for a few of the same restaurants you do for our trip in January, so I always love reading reviews!

OK you have totally stumped me and that's pretty hard to do when it comes to Disney! What's Remy's hide and squeak scavenger hunt??

OK you have totally stumped me and that's pretty hard to do when it comes to Disney! What's Remy's hide and squeak scavenger hunt??

Oh! It's only during F&W. Costs $7.95. Disney places ingredients for making ratatouille in each of the countries (think big, plastic cheese wedge, etc.) and you look for them and check them off a little scavenger hunt map w/ stickers. I think if you find them all, you get a special pin. they debuted it last year and I hope that they'll do it again. DS would love this! :)

Your itinerary looks great! On our last trip, I actually preferred the french fries that they served at lunch time at BOG over the ones they served at dinner. I'm not sure if that will change before you get there or not.

I hope you do a trip report once you return, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the cabins at FW! Also, I have ADR's for a few of the same restaurants you do for our trip in January, so I always love reading reviews!

I'm planning to do a TR and a DR. I hope that I can remember to make notes each day. :) Thank you for reading!

Alright, now this is ridiculous. I'd already made plans without BTMRR, no info about PM HS hours/whether or not the SW fireworks would continue and no info about RoL or what will be going on. I planned accordingly, trying to be flexible for announcements. Now I see that RnR will be down BEGINNING on our HS day! WTH!? (I may or may not have written a strongly-worded email to WDW guest services.) After I read the closure info, I had the thought that OK, I'll see if it's possible to swap days and get HS in earlier in the trip. But no. With the way hours and EMH are set up, HS is not looking good any other day. I've already scheduled ADRs, FP and our MNSSHP day (which *of course* is the only other day HS is 'recommended'). DS will be so disappointed to hear that RnR is down. He loves that ride as it holds a high level of nostalgia for him: It was his very first WDW roller coaster AND the first up-side-down coaster he'd ever ridden.

rant over.

Not really much going on by way of changes. You know how it goes. Got all excited about ADRs. Planned ADRs. Tweaked ADRs. Got it into my mind we needed other things. Planned and tweaked ADRs. Now in slump waiting for announcements and FP day.

This is exactly where I am right now! So I am poring over other PTRs.
We are going in Feb for my son's 9th birthday, so I am enjoying your report!! (Also, I'm Megan too :-))

Alright, now this is ridiculous. I'd already made plans without BTMRR, no info about PM HS hours/whether or not the SW fireworks would continue and no info about RoL or what will be going on. I planned accordingly, trying to be flexible for announcements. Now I see that RnR will be down BEGINNING on our HS day! WTH!? (I may or may not have written a strongly-worded email to WDW guest services.) After I read the closure info, I had the thought that OK, I'll see if it's possible to swap days and get HS in earlier in the trip. But no. With the way hours and EMH are set up, HS is not looking good any other day. I've already scheduled ADRs, FP and our MNSSHP day (which *of course* is the only other day HS is 'recommended'). DS will be so disappointed to hear that RnR is down. He loves that ride as it holds a high level of nostalgia for him: It was his very first WDW roller coaster AND the first up-side-down coaster he'd ever ridden.

rant over.
It is really frustrating!! I don't understand the logic behind having to book dining 180 days out, but not providing all the info you need to plan your days.

I completely understand :mad: While I was glad to hear RnRC will be back up for our Nov trip I was concerned when I first heard about the refurb but hadn't yet seen the dates. And I feel for you and everyone else going at that time because there are quite a few "good" attractions down at once and it leaves basically ToT and TSMM as the big ones at HS, which will make those two have longer waits :sad2:. We just returned this afternoon and it was a little tough having BTMRR and IASW both down!

I spoke with a very nice CM this morning. She patiently listened to me list all of the things that are going on with the upcoming trip. (#firstworldproblems) I told her that the announcement of RnR being down during part of our trip (THE day we'll be at HS) and me having no way of moving my plans around b/c I'm within my 60 day window, was the straw that broke the camel's back with me. I'm not usually a complainer. She had no new info regarding the SW fireworks or RoL. She gave us an additional FP for Fantasmic!, though, and told me that if the SW fireworks show is extended, to call her back and we'd work on swapping that out for something else that would work. All in all, I wasn't trying to get anything out of the call; I just wanted someone at Disney to listen to my frustrations. We've never seen F!, so if SW isn't extended, we'll at least have that. I dislike making calls like that. :faint:

I spoke with a very nice CM this morning. She patiently listened to me list all of the things that are going on with the upcoming trip. (#firstworldproblems) I told her that the announcement of RnR being down during part of our trip (THE day we'll be at HS) and me having no way of moving my plans around b/c I'm within my 60 day window, was the straw that broke the camel's back with me. I'm not usually a complainer. She had no new info regarding the SW fireworks or RoL. She gave us an additional FP for Fantasmic!, though, and told me that if the SW fireworks show is extended, to call her back and we'd work on swapping that out for something else that would work. All in all, I wasn't trying to get anything out of the call; I just wanted someone at Disney to listen to my frustrations. We've never seen F!, so if SW isn't extended, we'll at least have that. I dislike making calls like that. :faint:
I understand, I don't like complaining either but as you said, sometimes it's the last straw and you just feel you need to say something. It's nice you got the extra FP for Fantasmic and that the CM said to call back if SW gets extended (which I think it will), guess I'm not surprised she didn't have any other info. DH and I did the Undiscovered Futureworld tour Tuesday and while we were waiting for it to start, I was chatting with the very nice CM who checked us all in. We were in Innovations and talking about Sum of all Thrills and Stormstruck closing; during the conversation she said CM's are never told anything about closures, openings, refurbs, etc. until a few days before even if it impacts where they work. Also a few months back another Diser was frustrated that ROL wasn't opening in time and she'd spent so many hours checking the website to see if it had opened, when it was opening, checking for dining packages etc. up until they announced it wasn't opening. She visits often and isn't a complainer but called anyway just to voice her frustrations. She was comped a Wishes fireworks cruise (can't think of exact name) for her and her fiancé! So sometimes it works in your favor to voice disappointment. And it's so frustrating not knowing things even though we all know that's what Disney does. I'm starting to get frustrated not knowing if ROL will be up for our Nov. trip, what the AK hours will be, etc. and since we're over 2 months out, I don't expect answers for awhile :sad2:

**** update coming to you today thanks to updates from Disney ****

So, what everyone was waiting for finally happened: Disney extended hours at AK (with still not news of RoL, mind you) and HS and added SWaGS dates.

Here is how the plan has changed:

10/22 Saturday – M&W Anniversary and travel day and now HS
  • leave so much earlier than we'd planned, probably 4:30-5am (approximately 8 hour drive) :scared:
  • Arrive WDW, get golf cart
  • go to Publix for groceries?
  • HS in afternoon, upgrade to 6-day ticket at gate, try to score some FP
  • ride RnR (before stupid, late-announced refurb), SW launch bay, etc.
  • NEW - 50's Prime Time late lunch/early dinner
  • Dinner 6:40pm– Whispering Canyon - going to have to cancel this :(
  • 8pm SWaGS fireworks show
10/23 Sunday – AK - hours updated!
  • 11:30 Flights of Wonder show
  • Lunch – Flame Tree
  • Dinner – Yak & Yeti
  • 8:30pm - Rivers of Light???
10/24 Monday – Epcot
  • RD Test Track
  • Lunch – Sunshine Seasons
  • Dinner – The Wave
10/25 Tuesday – MNSSHP
  • Afternoon Tea – Grand Floridian – me & MIL only :hug:
  • Dinner – Crystal Palace
  • 10:15pm Hallo Wishes

10/26 Wednesday – Epcot
  • Lunch/Snacks at F&W carts or QS
  • Dinner – La Hacienda de San Angel
  • 9pm (4th FP) Illuminations
10/27 Thursday – HS
  • Breakfast/Lunch at Starring Rolls or Writer's Stop
  • Lunch 11:10am50’s Prime Time - I might cancel this b/c I've added 50's on 10/22
  • Dinner - Sci Fi
  • 7:30pm (4th FP) - Fantasmic!
10/28 Friday - MK
  • Lunch – Be Our Guest
  • Dinner – O’hana
  • 10:15pm Hallo Wishes from Poly beach or MK transit center?
10/29 Saturday
  • Brunch – Trail’s End

I was so glad when I saw they extended some of the hours & the Star Wars fireworks. Plans are coming together!!

Oh boy, I do hope you get to see ROL!!
And boo to the stupid, late-announced RnRC refurb :mad: I'm extremely glad it's not happening during our trip but completely sympathize with those of you going during it.

MB were delivered today! :)

ETA: costume update

Me: Disgust - dress on order, should be here shortly; leggings, shoes, scarf and green eyeshadow already purchased. Looking for green headband.
DH: procrastinating as always
DS: stormtrooper costume completed!
MIL: black cat
FIL: mouse

18 days!!!

DS just made it on to a hockey team (Go Titans!) so that kind of threw a wrench into the Friday plan, but never fear! If I've learned anything whilst planning this trip, it's to be flexible! ;)

Just a few updates to the schedule in bold

10/21 Friday
  • 1/2 day at work :smooth:
  • Pick up rental SUV
  • DS hockey game 5:30-6:30
  • Dinner, scavenger hunt/surprise/special dessert!
  • ILs stay the night
10/22 Saturday – M&W Anniversary and travel day and HS
  • leave so much earlier than we'd planned, probably 4:30-5am (approximately 8 hour drive) :scared:
  • Arrive WDW, get golf cart
  • HS in afternoon, upgrade to 6-day ticket at gate, try to score some FP
  • ride RnR (before stupid, late-announced refurb), SW launch bay, etc.
  • Drive to WL - it's only 7 minutes
  • Dinner 5:10pm– Whispering Canyon (got new ADR time, so we decided to just drive back and forth)
  • Drive back to HS
  • 8pm SWaGS fireworks show!
  • go to Publix for groceries
10/23 Sunday – AK
  • Flights of Wonder show
  • Lunch – Flame Tree
  • Dinner 5pm - ILs and DS @ Rainforest Café
  • Monorail Crawl for me & DH! I'm so looking forward to this.
10/24 Monday – Epcot
  • RD Test Track
  • Lunch – Sunshine Seasons
  • Dinner – The Wave
10/25 Tuesday – MNSSHP
  • Afternoon Tea – Grand Floridian – me & MIL only :hug:
  • Dinner – Crystal Palace ADR or cancel it and go to CHH
  • 10:15pm Hallo Wishes

10/26 Wednesday – Epcot
  • Lunch/Snacks at F&W carts and/or Les Halles
  • Dinner – Biergarten
  • 9pm (4th FP) Illuminations
10/27 Thursday – HS
  • Breakfast at Starring Rolls (so DH can get a giant, face-sized chocolate chip muffin or something like it that he's been dreaming about for two years)
  • Lunch 11:30am – 50’s Prime Time
  • Dinner - Sci Fi
  • 7:30pm (4th FP) - Fantasmic!
10/28 Friday - MK
  • EMH 7-8am - plan to make it for the welcome show at 6:50! We're morning people, so it shouldn't be an issue. the ILs might not want to join us. We'll see.
  • Lunch – Be Our Guest
  • Dinner – O’hana
10/29 Saturday
  • Brunch – Trail’s End
  • :sad:

I'm planning to take notes and do a TR and DR when we get back! I also promise to have a ton more pictures for my reports than I had here. I kind of slacked on that - sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter