GKTW Online Fundraiser: Warrior Dash for GKTW - Deadline: September 21!

Discussion in 'Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW' started by BobbinWeez, Jan 12, 2013.

1. BobbinWeez

BobbinWeez <font color=navy>Talks to the little man between h

So I've signed up to run a Warrior Dash event this September. I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind! Anyway I thought I would use it as a way to raise money for GKTW. The link to my First Giving page is below. I'll keep everyone updated on my training which will be comical since I'm pretty much a couch potato!
    https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/robinbagley/warriordashpowerof10

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Alright! Way to go!!! This will be a great experience! I'm rooting for ya! :)

4. BobbinWeez

So I just finished my first week of Couch to 5k training. For those of you who may not be familiar Couch to 5k is a training that uses intervals of walking and jogging 3 times per week to get you to the point you can run a 5k.
    Now I've always been a person who when asked "Do you run?" answered "only if I'm being chased!" Couch to 5k is doable. I really like it because I use the Couch to 5k app and it tells me when to walk and when to jog. Since I live in Massachusetts and it's winter I am not running outside. I'm using a treadmill in the fitness room at my apartment complex. I plug in my headphones start the app and add some music and off I start. I'm really liking it and hoping I can keep motivated to continue.

5. BobbinWeez

I've also got to start doing some cross training to strengthen my arms and shoulders. I guess I should be able to haul myself up and over some of the barriers. ;)

6. BobbinWeez

Part way through week 2. Still feeling good. I did have a gap in my training due to crazy work schedule, going to visit my family and watching football this weekend. but I started back up today. Cross training for the day: moving frozen snow boulders out from behind my car so I can drive!
    And now my best friend and I have decided to train for and run the Tower of Terror 10 Miler!

7. tigger813

tigger813 DIS Veteran

Hey! Great idea! When is the Warrior Dash you are doing? I live in Littleton MA! I think we met on the WISH boards! I'm doing the Littleton Road Race in mid September and then doing the Jingle Jungle 5K at Animal Kingdom Veterans Day weekend! I kind of started my training today. I did a 5K on my elliptical this morning alternating between running and walking. I watch a show and run during the commercials and then get back to a fast walk during the show. After a while I will switch. It took my 54 minutes but it's a start!

Best wishes!
    TTFN :tigger: