GKTW Meet: Tennessee, February 18, 2012

Discussion in 'Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW' started by Minnie_Mom, Jul 24, 2011.

1. luckybrew

luckybrew Earning My Ears

I think this is a GREAT idea! We also need some DISers on board from areas as such.
    Bowling Green, Huntsville, Ietc...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Minnie_Mom

Minnie_Mom Mouseketeer

Awww, man! This thread had nothing going on and I go to WDW and miss everything! I am so disappointed. My cousin is getting married on 02/18, so I will not be able to make it to the meet. So sad, I was really looking foward to getting to be involved in this meet!

4. katcarter

katcarter Earning My Ears

I would by pass the Opryland Hotel! It may be better after the floods and the 'renovation' work they did due to the floods. But I stay there a few years ago and found it old nasty and poor pluming.
    You may contact the Drury Inn located very close to the Nashville Airport --- they have convention rooms! Very nice hotel change. The actual company is based out of a town only 1 hour north of me and we always stay with them when traveling. They have free wi-fi and free finger foods at night and free drink cards. They also have free hot breakfast!

I may have a contact with Drury if people are interested?

Can not wait!!!

Kathy

5. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

I've heard really good things from folks who have hosted events at the Hotel Preston in the same area as well.

http://www.hotelpreston.com/

6. luckybrew

Well folks. I got word late last night that we have the OK for an AWESOME venue. We might have to change the date to accommodate to their schedule. It is an AMAZING venue and everyone will love it! :banana:

As soon as I finalize the details I will let everyone know! :cool1:

Would a change in date be a problem with anyone? I'm not sure if we have to change the date as of yet. Just thought I would ask you guys just in case,,,

7. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

changing the date won't be a problem for me.

8. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Changing the date would be fine for me as long as I don't have a conflict. Am very curious about the venue though. Can you PM if you aren't ready to make public? ;)

9. luckybrew

PM sent!

10. AWHOFAN

AWHOFAN Mouseketeer

Im good with a date change.

11. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Hoping we can keep it on a weekend though.

12. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

Depends on what date it's changed to.

13. luckybrew

FYI: it WILL stay on a weekend.

14. Pooh's Hunny

Pooh's Hunny Earning My Ears

I have totally been out of the loop--haven't been on the Disboards lately. Very excited for a local meet. I don't have much experience with this sort of thing, but glad to help any way I can.

15. Minnie_Mom

Minnie_Mom Mouseketeer

A date change works for me, especially since I could not attend Feb 18.
    Luckybrew- what can I do to help?

16. Disneygrl36

Disneygrl36 Happy DVC member!!!!

Date change would be fine for me too. I am really curious about the venue & would love a pm about it. I am such a spaz that I totally forgot while on the ship to get anything for the auction, but I am pretty crafty & have some ideas that I think could be fun like personalized autograph/scrapbook, disney themed painted glasses etc. What do you think about those ideas? I also have a friend that sews that would probably contribute something as well.

17. luckybrew

Hey everyone. Sorry for not responding. We just got back from our ten day trip to WDW so we are adjusting back into "reality". LOL. I'm still waiting to hear back about a few details regarding this AWESOME venue space. It is a very well known place around Nashville and surrounding areas that provides dinners and entertainment.

Anyone willing to lend a hand, gather donations, food, decorations, etc. Please message me here for my contact info.

Thanks, Chris

18. luckybrew

PM sent

19. aw24

aw24 Earning My Ears

We are still interested in coming to this event. Are there any ideas as to what the dates may be changed to or where the event will be held? We are less than 2 hours away so any weekend would work for us. I was just curious as to what was going on with this meet.

Ann

20. luckybrew

i hate to admit it but i am still waiting on a venue commitment. i have talked to two locations several times but its been near impossible to reach either of them around the holiday season. going to try a few more places this week. trust me, i am working hard on it and god willing, it will happen and be awesome. i think the timing is bad to secure a spot being all the holidays in nov, dec and jan. anyone in the area that has something in mind, please, by all means, message me. thanks.

21. AWHOFAN

AWHOFAN Mouseketeer

I have been finding Disney items at the Disney Store, Flea Markets, Antique Stores. Thrift Stores. Mostly new and some rare. Looking for items for the silent auction.

I found Song Of the South on DVD if you think that would be a good item. It plays on American DVD players.