GKTW Meet: Leap Day - Pirates of the Caribbean 10:30pm

Mrs D

I realize most people don't hear editing.
Hi gang!

I'm so excited to be heading to the World in just under a week for a very quick trip for WDW's Leap Day event! It so fun to see how many DISers will be in the parks for the event and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! That's when it struck me, let's get together and use it as an excuse to raise some money for Give Kids the World!

Let's meet up at 10:30pm to ride Pirates of the Caribbean!

Your gift for donating is a fashionable accessory to help you light up the night! It's a Win-Win!

Here is the event link through first giving so we can raise money before the 29th. http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/leapdaymidnightmeetmsep/mrsdfundraisingpage
I will also gladly accept donations the day of.

Who's with me?

What a great idea...wish I could be there.

Come one, come all. Come meet me Pirates of the Caribbean at 10:30pm!

All it takes is a small donation to light up the night with us! ;)

We could always hop over to Haunted Mansion for a midnight ride after the parade! Or Pirates! Or Buzz! Or Space Mt. Or all of the above!! :banana:

I usually catch if from near the Diamond Horseshoe. In November, my DIS daughter and I were the only people there for 30 feet on either side. Until everyone saw us having fun and dancing and laughing. Then they all came over and joined in our merriment. I of course got the "I can't believe you are embarrassing me" glare from her pre-teen eyes.:confused3:goodvibes

I'm wondering if they are doing ADR's for the Plaza. I saw on another thread that it will be open until 3am.

Also: (from a reputable blog source)
While it’s technically 24 hours of operations, there will be several planned closures through the night and some attractions will simply close well before the 24-hour mark.

Getting There and Getting Around:
Express Monorail – 5 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.
Resort Monorail – 5 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Resort Buses – Should operate from 5 a.m. until the park is cleared of guests
Epcot Monorail – 8 a.m to 10 p.m. (Don’t expect to park at Epcot and commute late night!)

Attractions with Special Hours:
Walt Disney World Railroad – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Space Mountain – 6 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Splash Mountain – 6 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Haunted Mansion – 6 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Pirates of the Caribbean – 6 a.m. to 5 a.m.
It’s a Small World – 6 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Tom Sawyer Island – 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Country Bear Jamboree – 10 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Liberty Square Riverboat – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Attractions with Scheduled Overnight Closures:
Mad Tea Party – CLOSED 12 a.m. to 3 a.m.
Snow White’s Scary Adventures – CLOSED 1 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin – CLOSED 1:30 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Peter Pan’s Flight – CLOSED 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.

Dining
Dinner
Cosmic Ray’s – 10 a.m. to 6 a.m.
Pinocchio Village Haus – 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Pecos Bill – 10:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Tortuga Tavern – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Columbia Harbour House – 11 a.m. to 10 p.m
Casey’s Corner – 11 a.m. to 6 a.m.
The Plaza Restaurant – 11 a.m. to 3 a.m.

March 1st Breakfast Locations (3 a.m to 6 a.m.):
The Lunching Pad
Main Street Bakery
Sleep Hollow
Westward Ho
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe

Thanks for the info! I need to read touring plans blog more often!

Hi all!

I've tweaked the meet a bit. We are officially meeting at 10:30pm on 2/29/12 at Pirates of the Caribbean!

We can chat (maybe we'll be lucky enough to be able to grab a Dole Whip - haven't heard it's operating hours) grab your glow-y accessories (shopping for them tomorrow) and ride Pirates together.

While I'd love to meet as many DISers as possible this is really about raising some $ for Give Kids the World.

Please consider making a donation to GKTW. Your money is going to a GREAT cause.

I have a dinner ADR at 9:30 that night so I don't think I'll be there for the 10:30 meet. I'll definately be there for the 12 AM MSEP so let me know where you guys are planning on being.:thumbsup2

I have a dinner ADR at 9:30 that night so I don't think I'll be there for the 10:30 meet. I'll definately be there for the 12 AM MSEP so let me know where you guys are planning on being.:thumbsup2

Touring Plans is hosting a meet at Tomorrowland Terrace at midnight so i plan to be there. There's a link on their blog.

But please say Hi to girl in the PJs & a DISigned shirt that mentions "spending the night with a MOUSE" - that's me! I'll give ya a glow stick!

Woohoo! My event has its first donor!! ( I mean besides me).

Thanks Todd! Can't wait to see you On Leap day.

I'd love to see some more support for GKTW and hope many can join us on Pirates! I've got lots of goodies to share!

I had the chance to meet a Make a Wish family today while waiting for pics with Marie the cat. I asked if they were staying at the Give Kids the World village and they said say and it has been a blessing to their family. I was excited to tell them that I am raising $ for GKTW. They were so grateful Nd thanked us all! Noes the time, if you're planning to donate do it for all those cuties!

A covert big Thank You to those who have donated to GKTW thru this! I'm so honored to do my little part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter